Did I see a windows phone. Did I ????

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by vestibule, Mar 6, 2024.

1. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac sff rtx4070s
    Playing Quantum break through for a second time and selecting options that effect the outcome of the game.
    I noticed that the Taxi Driver has a 640XL LTE?
    wtf.
    See Jack Joyce eyeballing it.
    QB1.jpg
    QB2.jpg
    Then looking away.
    Hey, I had one it was great. :)

2. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    If Gates only had listened to Ballmer to acquire Nokia earlier...

3. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac sff rtx4070s
    Yes, I have to agree. M$ entered the game to late and I'm not talking about Quantum break. :)

4. SnakeHaveYou

SnakeHaveYou Member

GPU:
    Aorus RX 5700XT
    Most official apps from the big social networks and services were so bad or incomplete, you had to rely on unofficial apps. The UI was smoother than the Android counterparts from that time and the OS updates were fast.

I don't know how a Win11 Mobile device will fit nowadays, maybe some day we'll se something like that.

vestibule likes this.

5. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I miss Windows Phones. Lumia brings back good memories. I even bought a surface duo. Disappointing it ran on Android, but I really liked the phone. It just lacked support. Windows wasn't invested in it. Not sure why they even released a second one.

vestibule and tunejunky like this.
  6. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    God my mom used to have a Nokia Lumia 640. What a steaming pile of dog-sh*t. Clunky stupid UI, garbage app store, zero compatibility. List goes on and on...

7. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac sff rtx4070s
    mrrulez911 likes this.
  8. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Nah it isnt, it had these stupid square tiles to navigate to apps, but most apps didn't really have clear icons so it was kind of annoying to find your apps. All the android apps she had on her last phone weren't on the windows store so we had to find weird alternatives. Not to mention that all the apps seemed like "new arrivals" page on newgrounds.com

9. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac sff rtx4070s
    No, you are speaking for your Mam here in some strange way that I am not quite getting. o_O
    I still have my 640. It came with big expandable storage for my entire hi res music files., mini jack plug for cans the DAC could play hires audio files and the phone easily powered my Sennheiser ear phones, there was a good choice of competent music apps. The camera was good for the time. The screen and tiles where good because you could pin apps exactly where you wanted.
    I used Cortana a great deal she would notify me of text and email and ask if I wanted to read out loud and ask if I wanted to replay. My own hands free secretary. It came with a real sat nav and I would only have to speak the address Cortana and I was on my way.
    The phone was very good. people used to be agog when Cortana would talk to me and I would talk back and she did as she was told. Way ahead of its time.
    Yeah, the phone was very good.
    So here we go, and you knew this was coming, thats a x2 rubbish you get from me. But ty for contribution.:)

mrrulez911 and 386SX like this.
  10. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I can summarise the introduction of smart-phones in one image

NOKIA MARKET CAP

upload_2024-5-18_14-39-11.png

11. mrrulez911

mrrulez911 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    Amen!

I was a phone seller some time a go. And I was a big promotor of the Windows Phones. I did love the simple, fast ui and the tiles were great if you'd ask me.

Unfortunately I could get mine near the end of it. I guess it was a 950 of some sort. I thought, my memory isn't great at times, Carl Zeiss lenses for the camera.

12. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    I miss my Windows Phones, too. Started with an el cheapo one then bought a 950 and ran that until basically everything stopped working. Now back on android.

mrrulez911 likes this.