Did EVGA just Steal the Rivatuner RTSS design concept into PrecisionX 15 ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    I realize it is a long thread, but you could have at least looked at Unwinder's posts. I already asked this question.

He explained that he lives overseas, which makes a US lawsuit difficult and way more time consuming and costly than if he lived here. On top of that he lives close to the Ukraine boarder in Russia. If you read/watch the news you'd know he has way bigger things to worry about than this.

Bottom line, EVGA took advantage of his situation knowing he would never file a lawsuit. That is dirty way to get out of paying someone for their work. I am not going to say I'll never buy a EVGA product, but it will have to be a fantastic deal, otherwise I'll spend the same or a little more on another brand.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  2. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    Do what, buy an EVGA card? Really? Of course they can, and they have.

3. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    You seriously signed up just to post this?

4. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    By posting this you have no idea what you are talking about. The people who want to stop buying EVGA cards are the people who been purchasing them for years. Also EVGA is not the only manufacturer in town. There are others.

5. BarryB

BarryB Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    There's also more than one irish!!

6. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    Every other vendor is inferior rubbish eh? I had better go trash my PC.

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Crap post of the day! :bugeye: And obviously a tool of EVGA. Not even worth feeding that troll.

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    :stewpid:

9. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Yeah...four or five people. It's a mass movement with torches and pitchforks! The histrionics around this are hilarious and this is coming from someone who thinks the latest incarnation of Precision is crap.

10. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    And you think such news and opinions only form here, on this single board?

11. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    I know ill be sending my cash to MSI from now on!

12. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I will continue to buy EVGA

13. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    EVGA in my system and future upgrades will more than likly be EVGA unless something better warranty wise comes along. I will not change due to some overclocking software

14. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    No, do you? I'm on several forums and the histrionics pretty much reside here. That isn't to say there are not some noises being made on other forums.

15. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    That's what I meant. Whatever people will make up as their decision, I hardly believe the people here not buying EVGA anymore are the only ones.
    Just because your opinion differs, and maybe those of others, doesn't need you to call others histrionic.

If it's only the minority, then why do you even bother? And if you're fine with EVGA stealing intellectual property and the fruits of somebody else's work, that's your opinion. Try to imagine what you would think if somebody did that with your work...

16. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Histrionics is the best word to describe official statement of company, where they explain the reasons of removing PX 15 from downloads. It is also the best word to explain the activity of those EVGA community members who keep using old good PX 4.2.1 and throw tones of insults in our side at the same time.
    And whole point of not buying their cards because of that is stupid. Almost any big corporation feel that it is OK to cross morals "borders" when they feel smell of easy money without seeing a risk of punishment. NVIDIA did much more dirty things while they still produce nice GPUs.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  17. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Don't think I am going to boycott evga products because I like their rma process. It's usually painless. But I have moved to afterburner after years with precision.

18. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    AAAh!! Sorry, deleted.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  19. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    We can say the same to someone who boycotts hardware over software that was pulled.

Mistake was made and corrected.

Your opinion is just that...an opinion.

The only one that is trolling is you right now, trying to state that his opinion is a fact and everyone else is wrong.

If EVGA as a company was really trying to inflict harm to someone, they would not have pulled the software at all and have been stubborn, keeping it up.

20. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    They did inflict harm on someone purposely. And if they hadn't been caught with their pants down with a community backfire on them, they would have gotten away with it. They didn't pull the software because it was 'a gentlemen thing to do' my man.