Did anybody happen to notice the 53.03 drivers at eVGA's site???

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by graemebo, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Roccer

Roccer Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XC ULTR
    installed the driver's from BFG's site. fixed some studders in some select games that had studdering. everything else runs either as silky smooth as the 52.16s or better. me like :D (theyre performing GREAT in NFS: Underground. i was getting occasional studders with 52.16s, but not now.)

2. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    cool Roccer, so drivers are fine with you in 3D mode with 5800U

/me has sudden urge to try these

Just the so called PunkBuster issue's thats putting me off.

3. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3070
    They work awesome... no stuttering now... more "fluid"

4. hohum

hohum Guest

I actually experienced these hard lockups before the 50.xx generation... and I found out what caused it. See, I used to use '/pb_system 1' when playing Quake 3, as it noticeably reduced the stutter you experienced during the first 10 minutes of joining a server. Don't know about RTCW... but with Enemy Territory, I used the same setting - and it produced the same result, but the game would consistently lock up after about 20-30 minutes. I found that using the default setting of '/pb_system 0' instead solved it.

So you could try experimenting with that setting... if you have it set to 1, try 0 - and vice versa. :)

5. graemebo

graemebo New Member

GPU:
    eVGA geForce FX 5900 Ultra - 256MB
    I'm glad to hear that these have been working out well for everybody:D

I've had great luck with them in the following games:

BF1942
    C&C Zero Hour
    Halo
    Unreal Tournament 2K3
    Uneral II
    Chrome

6. Roccer

Roccer Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XC ULTR
    drivers are running perfect so far :D and visuals are stunning in NFS:U

7. darklord110

darklord110 Guest

Has anyone tried these with Final Fantasy XI. I know that on most all of the past 5x.xx whenever you enable bump mapping everything around you turns gray. Just wondering if anyone knows if these finally fix that.

8. roblow

roblow Active Member

GPU:
    PNY - Geforce 5600 Ultra 128 mb DDR
    Anyone tried them with COUNTER STRIKE? Shuttering gone away?

9. Surfy

Surfy Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1070 Strix
    Man! All you whiners saying nvidia is mean and they are jerks because they won't improve old hardware need to shut up! I mean for heaven's sake! It's old hardware. They are concentrating on new hardware. A true gamer with a good eye will notice frame improvemnets...I mean I sure can...but that's not me bragging or anything. I have a geforce4 ti4200 8X and when i upgraded from det 40's and moved to the det 50's....I noticed better color...more fluid and faster frames...I was very impressed with the performance improvements with these new drivers. Most of you people whinning need to chunk those old Geforce2 MX400's and get a better video card! Then you will notice the improvements. Not to mention...if your processor is like fricken 700Mhz and you have a Geforce4...man...you aint gonna see jack crap for improvements.....just consider all of the following AND your hardware configurations before you turn around and start crying like babies and calling nvidia a mean mean mean ol' monster "that has no consideration for your feelings." I mean cmon man...I'm sorry...but that just sounds flat out gay to me...

10. plexdude

plexdude Member

GPU:
    EVGA Gefore GTX 260 896MB
    In response to your first paragraph, yes... I agree and the fact that I started talking about how a company has to make money to survive fully expresses my agreement on the matter. Somehow you managed to overlook that and reiterated what I already discussed.

Now, to comment on your second paragraph, you claim that you have no issues with the 5x.xx drivers which very well may be true for your situation. But frankly, since you go on to mention that you've got another machine running win98 and DX8, it becomes a little unclear to me exactly what type of video card you are using the 5x.xx drivers with. If you're using them with an FX card, then yeah... you probably won't notice any significant problems as these drivers are pretty much taylored for the FX line of cards. My main biff with these drivers, is the fact that the specific combination of GeForce4 Ti cards (perhaps others as well), PunkBuster enabled games, and of course the drivers themselves remains an issue untouched by Nvidia's driver development team.

I've actually been able to use 5x.xx drivers with my old GeForce2 GTS 32MB card which is in another system without the hardlocks in PB enabled games. Call it luck if you will, but that just makes me suspect the issue is specific to GeForce4 Ti hardware. Maybe the problem is more complex than that which is why I chose to use the word "suspect". I'd have to do some further testing to come to a more solid conclusion on the issue.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2003

11. johnston21

johnston21 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950GT512 1300-defaul
    Will install tonight. Is the Temp. issue still there? If so, will use the RivaTuner Quadro SoftMod to drop (displayed) temp 10cel.

12. Kermit_the_frog

Kermit_the_frog Master Guru

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 640MB
    Well the best part is we had no problems like this until the 50.xx drivers came out, and I dont see why we should have them now and as for OLD funny you could buy a Ti line of card 2 week ago on the shelf and spend 230$ canadien go to nvidia's site and get a lousy set of drivers for a brand new card that causes hard lock up's in certain games, I would not say anything if we were talking a year old , dont tell me that the guy that just got the Ti card last month should be happy with the drivers that they are puting forward, nvidia themselves are saying that their drivers are backwards compatible and if they were not then I again would not say anything, but seeing as they list my card in there .ini then it is their job to put out working drivers its just that simple.

13. Kermit_the_frog

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 640MB
    With all due respect that is on topic seeing as the drivers are faulty and are plauged with problems, not like I came here to bash nvidia but the truth of the matter is just what I said, they have failed to fix a problem that has been present now in the last what 3 - 4 set's ??

:)

14. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Well i bit the bullet and got the BFG set 5303_IS-NV111403D.zip uninstalled my trusty NVIDIA Official 45.23. So far these 53.03 seem not bad but what the heck happened with new panels seems alot of stuff got changed, in settings tab looks like ATi style with 1 & 2 monitors etc

I see no difference in Temperatures with 53.03 same as usual 54/55c 2D idle 57/58 3D mode, Image quality does seem sharper with these in 4xAA 8xAF however i did notice games a tad darker than usual in Q3A/Q3F ET. Games seem fine with PunkBuster servers and that was tested on BFG NVIDIA FX 5800 Ultra, was an increase in performance it felt playing Q3F/ET for the past hour. They certainly do seem good appart from being darker.

15. Kermit_the_frog

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 640MB
    Yes it seems the PB is a Ti problem not an FX ...... but I am not ready to spend 700$ on another vid card just yet, and an FX5600 is just about same as what I have now even a little slower in raw power so I again will have to wait till next set and hope that they can fix the PB problems

16. ArChAnGeLv7

ArChAnGeLv7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA nvidia 7800GTX 256MB
    The IQ with these seem worse than that of the 52.70's-at least when it comes to Halo....more fog, less detail....didnt care for them-im rolling back to the 52.70's.

17. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 6600GT/ 6800GT went for RMA
    no problems here.
    no issues till now.
    AA sems to work fine on punkbuster servers.
    homeworld 2 is a lot better now.
    I am happy. and temp is no longer problem for me with that 80 Watt peltier and Maze4.
    2d mode : 16C
    3d mode: 35C
    :D

18. marz

marz Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI geforceFX 5900 ultra
    Finally No more Grey textures in Final Fantasy XI with bump mapping enabled!!!!

this driver is awesome.

19. Viral

Viral Guest

Installed BFG 53.03
    Fixed: Game crashes in Vietcong, H&D2, and EmpiresDawn of the Modern World, very fluid graphics.
    Not Fixed: Fan still quits on driver load
    Hardwired the fan, temp reached 43C after about 45 minutes of HD2. No complaints there!
    At least I know that BFG IS working on the fan issue. Back to testing.

20. DoomGaZer

DoomGaZer Member

GPU:
    e-Geforce FX 5950 Ultra & Geforce 2 GTS 64 MB
    Hey, it sounds like these Det's might be what I need. I have a GF4 Ti 4600 and have been getting BSOD's in BloodRayne. Weird part is, only other folks getting the same problem have ATI cards and their problems got fixed in the latest driver release. I heard something about Bump mapping problems in BloodRayne (along with vector lighting) so hopefully the problem was in all this precompiling stuff and is now fixed in these 53.03's. Post here if anybody is having similar trouble.