Diablo IV cinematic and gameplay trailer

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Nov 1, 2019.

1. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 19.2
    I know right, but one can always dream (in case you didn't realize, I will buy Diablo IV regardless - though it's hard to support a company that's in bed with the chinese) and we can always fall back to poe.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  2. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Yeah, probably a mid next-gen title (2022 at the earliest, probably more around 2023 or 24 for its release).

I'm happy they decided to go with Lilith, instead of once more bringing back Prime and/or Lesser Evils. We had very little lore to go with in D3 about Lilith, but it's enough to know that she created Sanctuary and now that she's been summoned on it with her physical form things will start to shape up. I'm also expecting Inarius to play a role in the story at some point (Inarius fell in love with Lilith after he was captured by her during the Eternal Conflict). I'm guessing that she'll try to 'reform' Sanctuary fitting her desires. Also, she has a brother, Lucion, who we never saw in a Diablo game before; he too I believe will play a part in the game (at least I hope so). Additionally, Linarian (also known as Rathma, the pale-skinned Priest man we see in the trailer welcoming Lilith) happens to be a first-generation Nephalem, therefore the 'son' of Lilith (and Inarius); also he's a Necromancer (which itself is just another term for 'Priests of Rathma').

It was intelligent on their part to go on with the story's continuity after D3 with Lilith, really. It just so happens that Mephisto was the only one of all the Prime and Lesser Evils to have offsprings; with the short-lived exception of Diablo (with her 'daughter', Leah) in D3. They would have had to rework a lot of the D3's late story lore from the campaign in order to seemingly just bring back even just one of the Evils into form without making it look way too contrived with nonsensical plot armor. However, of course, the game is still called "Diablo". I do imagine that in one way or another at least Diablo himself will make a return. I would hate it, but I'm prepared for something like that to happen (or maybe for much later on in D4's expansion pack, we'll see in about 10 years from now). I'm just happy that they decided to go with Lilith, since it's the last "threat" that can be made into the main villain and still pose enough danger to any would-be heroes to go against the forces of Hell.

If anyone ever wonders "how powerful" is Lilith... she's the daughter of Mephisto, a Prime Evil (Lucion, too, wouldn't be different from her; he too would be very potent); and she (in collaboration with Inarius) literally created the world of Sanctuary. She's also the Queen of the Succubi, so you can imagine her unleashing an army of infiltrated sleeper agents in the easily-corruptible world of mankind to manipulate the hearts of men to further help her in her machinations. I'd say that this new threat fits the world of Diablo very well and is a lot more engaging in my book than even Malthael was (although credits where due, Malthael was a much better villain in D3 than D3's Diablo could ever hope to be, thanks to some absolutely atrocious writing for him during Act 4).

Carfax likes this.
  3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    I thought Rathma was a "good guy" and that he opposed the Angels and Demons meddling in Sanctuary? :confused:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  4. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    If you are familiar with the lore you'd know better :)

But, yeah, no. He's absolutely not here to give you a hug. And he will absolutely be one of the main bosses to fight in D4 beyond just Lilith. And yeah, he's a first-generation Nephalem, just as powerful if not more so than the Nephalem that we play as in Diablo 3.

5. alexander1986

alexander1986 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    can't say I didn't get somewhat hyped, not truly hyped after the abomination that was D3 but still.... can't help it :p doesn't look horrible at least ! if it will have a good itemization system and endgame content with full trading (and no auction house or bind on account stuff etc) it would be awesome

so many hours in my youth playing D2, farming the pit in A1 hell as summoner necromancer mmmhm...

6. Hyderz

Hyderz Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070ti
    so d4 will be focused mainly on fallen angels and lesser evils.... guess its okay

7. GameHaven66

GameHaven66 Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 580 8GB
    Look's awesome can't wait.

8. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    Hope they deliever on the gameplay aspect because D3 was kinda of boring because of it. And i hope they manage to make the game better than POE otherwise there´s no point on releasing it.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Will not have offline mode, will have micro transactions...

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Cinematic looks awesome but gameplay looks like Diablo 3.5. Not impressed. Btw guys dont you have phones?

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    No, Blizzard took them away to enter Blizzcon.....

xD

cerebus23 and Undying like this.
  12. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 19.2
    [​IMG]

Hopefully I can play with the same look (or face at least) as the guy in the cinematic trailer, because he looked just like I imagined the barbarian in Diablo II.

However I do like the new look of the Diablo IV barbarian and they did mention customization - though I'm thinking it will be very limited and/or to a few presets.

13. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    watched game-play over and over and im ok with it. i like the UI better than D3.. it looks classic and simple as an RPG should.
    i also liked the simpler talents/magic effects, it looks like a good balance between good-looks and clean not-hurting-your-eyes-crap
    all over the screen.

i played thousands of hours on D2. from what iv seen so far it looks like a darker version of D3 with some ideas from POE.
    i see some inspiration from the POE when i look at the item stats. not sure its from D2.

i don't see similarities to D2 right now, but it might change. it looks like it might take a while.. 2021 seems like a good
    guess.

i like it, will follow it.

my biggest complain on D3 was the casualty level they bought it to. they literally told you how to
    play with the SET items. i stopped very early and didn't even bother with the Necromancer expansion
    since i saw the game goes downhill. fun wasn't enough for me when the items had no meaning
    and the end game was .. well, a lie.

so i hope they learned from past mistakes and will make the game really rewarding in
    the items area.. much like D2.

14. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4350
    Is the pale dude an established character? His voice actor is perfect casting.

15. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    In bed with the Chinese? They corrected the ban and apologised at BlizzCon. I don't know how much more they could have done. Blizzard is a massive corporation. You go ask HH if he would appreciate political hatred on his forums, he would tell you straight up that these kind of "discussions" are not welcome. They don't help anyone.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    their apology apologized for nothing.

and they did jack all to walk back those suspensions last i heard about an hour or two ago.

the only thing they did was allow the q&a to devolve into a free hong kong troll fest and sat there and took it to get it out of fans systems first smart thing they have done in the last year.

17. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    In the lore, yes. But not in the games (outside of text-based info, I.E. lore). It's the first time we're seeing him in person.

Amaze likes this.
  18. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Based on what I read here about Rathma, he doesn't seem like an evil guy at all.

He may not be good per say, but what's written about him on that wiki page doesn't strike me as genuinely evil.

19. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 19.2
    I wouldn't go that far and you make me look kind of bad, it's just an observation, Netease Games? However I probably should tone it down as some of you can't read between the lines.

20. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    From one of the developer's gameplay reviews:
    "What you see is all we've got at the moment. It's very early in development".

I guess that puts the game somewhere at 2023-2025 :)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019