Diablo III.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MrH, Oct 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Double post.

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  2. BenTTwiG

BenTTwiG Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970
    If anyone has a spare guest pass I'd like to grab one. Wanna give it a try before I go spending the $60...

3. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I'll PM you one.

4. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Hmm wrong thread

5. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Died three more times. Monsters just standing there, spells ineffective... then boom, I'm dead 5 seconds later even though I'm a screen away from the monsters.

Oh well, taking it back tomorrow for a refund.

6. shadow_craft

shadow_craft Guest

GPU:
    ASUS StiX OC 1070
    Sounds like you have connection problems, (and not because of Blizzard's servers)

I've been playing since launch, (just finished the game on normal) and haven't had a moment of lag, just a few disconnects and unable to login, but no lag.

Good luck on the refund LOL!

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yes, if they don't like it, they should not play it. People who complain about story being weak, about the game being "click click click", people who complain about having to be online, people who complain about the graphics... they should have done some research before buying. all this info was out there. they bought it nevertheless. Why should they play it if they don't like it? being annoyed at a game you don't like isn't getting your money's worth. It's just being angry at a game. there's better things to do out there than to play a game they don't enjoy.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    hmmm... I'm almost done with ACT 3 on nightmare, put in around 35 hours and loved every minute of it. I do check the forums when I'm at work and also like tonight, I've been playing for a few hours straight and I do take breaks. Nothing wrong with taking breaks.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Refund on a game that is tied to your battle.net account? yeah. go for it :3eyes:

10. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    The person you responded too never said he disliked the game. He said he was enjoying what little he could play, and complained about not being able to play due to what I'm guessing is latency issues with Blizzards servers. It's not just him with the problem, countless thousands are having similar issues.

While I agree that people who don't like the game based upon the merits of its gameplay should probably do something else - people with issues thanks to the always online system are a different kettle of fish. Some might say, "Well, play it later!" If they wanted to play the game at a later date, they'd have bought it at a later date. Probably for less money. Some people have waited a very long time for this game, and the server related issues being had by many are utterly unacceptable from a AAA developer such as Blizzard. A company who have been managing the worlds most successful MMO for better part of a decade should have had a better grasp of what was going to happen.

11. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Would like to try the game, hmm does anyone have free Guest pass?

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Whatever EU server I keep connecting to is poo. Ive DC'd 3 times and lagged out once. I think it's time for a break anyways. :nerd:

13. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    WOW! at the end of Act 2 - the realm of shadows looked fantastic and that final boss of the Act in the palace was just OMG!.

So far i've played 11hours 17mins on my Witch Doctor (5hours on my Wizard) and i've just started Act 3, so i'm certainly getting my money's worth.

14. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    i thought the server issues were mainly just @launch. uk seems fine and havent heard much from the us side...

i agree with eclap in that it sounds like peoples connections and not the game itself.

also think he has a point in telling people not to play it if they dont like it. but i can understand why they are pissed off...but they could have got free passes and tried it out first no...

i only pre-ordered a few weeks back as i wasnt sure about it myself but did a fair ol bit of research looking at gameplay vids therefore knew it was going to be something i could possibly enjoy.

but we all take a risk when we buy something so complaining/whinging about is a bit annoying as you have only got yourself to blame.

that's what i think is irritating eclap. we dont mind constructive criticism but whiney posts tend to irritate (well the same type of post over and over again).

15. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Funny reasoning, also some of the worst advice that can be given on a technical forum. I am not having a problem ergo there is no problem other than the one YOU are creating.

No matter, how have we reached the conclusion that it is the connection of the player and NOT the Diablo 3 servers?

I could list 20 multiplayer games right here and right now that I could play without a trace of lag, I know their would be no lag cause I know there is nothing wrong with my connection.

So given that we have a massive game, a game that is being played by a considerable number of people, a game that is now entering its first weekend of release and will no doubt have even more players than usual playing, a game that has reported numerous connection related issue and a game that requires a constant internet connection to track items and loot and given the lag seems to occur mostly when you kill characters and they drop loot, given all this how have we come to the conclusion that the issue is the player internet connection and not the overloaded D3 servers?

Yesterday I managed through Act 1 without to much issue but starting Act 2 today I noticed a lot of in game lag, specifically killing multiple enemies who drop multiple items of loot. The bigger issue is that the game stops dead, nothing works and then suddenly everything jumps around and you've gone from full health to almost dead. Classic multiplayer lag just without the multiplayer aspect.

I am not ready to throw toys out of the pram over it, in fact I am not really that bothered just now, but as the enemies numbers increase as I progress through the game it is something that could become quite wearysome.

Last edited: May 19, 2012

16. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Sadly not the case, as The Laughing Ma just stated above my post. Blizzards forums are rife with people having similar problems. I'm glad you're having a good time, however - it would suck to look forward to a title like this and not be able to play.

I do agree regarding the guest pass statement. That's the route I've taken, although in large part due to having very little faith left in Blizzard as a whole. Sadly I was proven correct in my expectations, which has also meant there are a lot of disappointed/angry people out there. Blizzard commands a lot of trust and respect from its hefty fanbase, and I'm afraid I do feel they should have put more effort into the launch.

17. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    I'm in S.A. I have 7 days to return the product. Fortunately the CPA protects me. Really folks, I wanted to enjoy this game. Heck, I enjoyed what little time I played which just makes the entire experience that much more frustrating.

As for the connection issues, if you do a search on google you will find MANY reports of server lag. It's not just one or two people here. Even if it were true that my internet was at fault the internet shouldn't even be a factor. I mean, I'm running 3G and it's not that slow. But man, this is getting out of hand.

18. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    I just killed diablo last night with my barb. I logged 19h24m, level 31, with around 330dmg 1500def. i'm currently going back on some things i have missed like quests and achievements, or play my wiz and try it out if it's really OP/weak :D

check your inbox man.

19. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Well I'm on one of the cheapest uk internet service providers so guess it's just luck...

I am not saying that these connections issues dont exist but since launch has got a lot better. And I think people with issues are in a minority..

That doesnt mean it wont be looked at and hopefully fixed.

I'd be patient....play something else instead..yeah it might suck a bit but really there are other games no?

Anyways back to the game just realised I could upgrade my armour with some unused gems and crafted some basterd swords. Big difference in attack speed n dodge..feeling like my monk is getting better. (well is tanking bosses on normal so thats ok). roll on next diff...

@laughing ma "worst advice"? who said i was posting advice. i was more or less stating opinion/fact...not advising anyone about anything....

20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    ugh soloing epic stuff. half way through hell act 3 now so soon i'll reach inferno. then solo that too :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.