Diablo III.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MrH, Oct 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    I'm gonna stick with that one, i've been leveling mine up using co-op (it helps to play with people you know - randoms suck in the beta) to see some of the later spells and i really am loving the class. So far i've tried the barbarian, witch doctor, demon hunter and the wizard and by far the wizard is my fav.

I really am looking forward to trying out the full game on hardcore with a full group of hardcore players :D.

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If you get stuck in a group with beta testers, they rush into battle because they've been through the "game" countless times and know exactly what to expect at every step. Once you've done it a few times, you'll do the same.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    @cjs007 - I know how you feel, but talk to them and explain that you're new and to be honest, when I first started doing online runs of skeleton king, I couldn't keep up, but I chatted to the guys and they were fine to take it a bit slower. the community seems to be really nice in D3 btw from what I've come across with.

@Major_Melchet - there's no way I'm going anywhere near HC mode in D3. After going through the pain of loosing a character in HC mode of Sacred 2 (after around 50 hours invested) I just can't see myself doing that. Especially as I lost my character on a boss fight in S2 because of lag...

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Most are nice people.... I've run across a couple that told me to keep up or leave the game.

5. Major Melchett

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Aww eclap, do it - you know you want the pain!.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    nah, can't see myself putting hours into something that just disappears in a split second. what if I want to play D3 while sipping red wine? I would most definitely wipe in HC mode when drinking wine. so no, it's a no go.

7. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    well in normal its pretty damn easy. you can rush in and annihilate everything

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    It's very easy. I was only level 7 when I took down Skeleton King the last run. I get it done a little faster each run through.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    guys, it's only a couple of hours of gameplay. of course it's easy. game is obviously gonna get harder as you level and reach higher difficulties. oh, if someone says they can't be bothered to beat it on normal just to play hard, they don't need to apply, the game is based on this "more than one walkthrough" system. same as Sacred 2. bronze, silver, gold, platium, niob

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    A couple hours? It's just over an hour for me now....

11. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    would co-op really be just for 4 players on release?

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I meant first playthrough, when you don't know what you're doing and playing it slow. or course it's probably doable in half an hour speed run.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yes, 4 is enough imho.

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'd expect it to be, but it's possible that Blizzard may increase the limit for launch. I haven't seen anything official yet....but also haven't looked.

15. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650

oh, ok. :)

thanks, i'd prolly be finishing the game solo first, then go co-op. I'm a bit OC with my things so i don't like seeing maps and quest (among other things) incomplete. :p and with co-op, that's just not gonna happen as most people already had that done and are mostly just doing re-runs of dungeons for the items/xp.

16. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    Really digging the beta (when it's working).

I'm definitely picking this up.

17. Major Melchett

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    For the people wondering about difficulty and that think normal is for the 1st play through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzhoGX_7uFY

This explains how the system works - basically act 1 is a tutorial and as you go on the game gets harder and harder.

Watch the vid at 2mins to see how diablo 2 at the start compairs to diablo 3 at the start :D.

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Diablo2's first act was extremely easy....

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Great video that will hopefully silence everyone saying "oh no it's too easy".

20. Major Melchett

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Love the level 13 wizard (just finished the max level - for the beta), the tri missles and twisters are great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.