Diablo III.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MrH, Oct 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapper_87

trapper_87 Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS IceQ 7970
    Personally the always online thing won't be a big deal. The people it will hurt though are those with slow internet connections or other internet interruptions (ISP down, dead router, etc.) or those traveling. I play games on my laptop in the airplane sometimes, or the occasional train ride.

As for this:
    I don't think you understand what you're saying here. D2 you can make a character on battle.net and play online. Then make a room with a password or player limit and play solo. Thats exactly what we have here with D3. The only difference is that you can't play offline what so ever. They didn't "provide a feature" they just took one away.

Now like I said before, I don't really care about this always online thing, but there are legit concerns with it.

And look at it this way: When EA does stuff like this there is no one defending them. Blizzard does this and magically it's excusable and the right thing to do.

2. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    true about EA lol and don t forget the hate towards ubisoft i guess blizzard really have that LOVE factor

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    You're right, my statement could have been better phrased, however, people wanted to be able to use the same character in both single and multiplayer. With Diablo2, players were limited by the completed quests in each game so you had to create a new game to continue progress through the game. This was 1 complaint (which Blizzard has fixed). Now 2 players can start the game at different times and still have access to all the quests. People wanted to use the same character in single and multiplayer....now they can. Since Blizzard wants to limit cheating, they removed offline play. To protect their own investiment, they're storing some necessary game files remotely.

The ONLY ones that should have issue with this.....are those who's intent is to pirate the game.

Personally, I have no issue with a game requiring an "always on" connection....regardless of the dev. I have Rift and WoW, both of which require an active connection to play....so, why should I care that Diablo3 does as well? I'd be more concerned about Trion World's trying to do something malicious with the connection than Blizzard...or even EA for that matter....lol.

4. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    lol comparing wow with diablo 3 an MMO with a hack and slash game lol again

i wonder how difficult it is to create one character for sp and one for multilayer... or how difficult it is to separate auction house from the sp part of the game.. a what can be said some gamers are just to narrow minded i guess

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    they just won't play the game, sorted.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Lol, you just don't understand pain English, do you? Lol.

Lol

7. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    +1 the only people I can understand being peeved are those who have to pay for internet via storage amounts (like some aussies i think).

but then i dont blame the game devs or drm for that...

8. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    is it pain English or plain English what is it ?

9. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    well the way this thread is going it is "pain".

10. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    True that...

11. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    Btw, this is beta, i dislike the only-online crap, but you cant criticise a game for a beta which is designed to get servers ready for BUYERS, you didnt buy anything yet.

Anyways, people with sttuters, try disabling vsync and the ingame FPS LIMITER, fps limiter make mine sttuter. At any fps.

I play on a crappy 200ms with america connection and NP.

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I downloaded the beta earlier and think the game is really, really good. This is the first Diablo game I've played so I can only compare it with other games of this type I've played such as Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and, more recently, Dungeon Siege III. This seems much better then those though and is disturbingly addictive.

I had to sign into an American Server though as I get getting an error with the European one for some reason. Kind of annoying to have to sign in for an offline game but once I started playing I didn't have any other problems. Visually and aurally the game is lovely and moody but it's infuriating that you cannot change the camera angle except to enable zoom when you have the inventory open. Given that the game is 3D I can't understand why we cannot at least rotate the view and zoom out a little. That aside the game runs well except for some minor stutter (it's not that big of a deal reall).

Great game. Will be sticking with my ShopTo.net pre-order. :D

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Argh, I got disconnected from the server and couldn't resume my save. I realise this is a beta but I hope this kind of thing doesn't happen with the release version as it would be annoying, in the same way that games that used UbiSoft's always-online DRM were. :(

14. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    A lot of people in this thread that don't know what a stress test is, and how it will benefit launch.

15. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    I can't even log in.......so i haven't even got to try it......says servers are busy!

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Don't feel bad, I have to reinstall the beta client regularly.

17. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    Finally i´ve managed to play the game a little bit.

Basically Blizzard did with Diablo 3 the same they did with Starcraft 2, they improved the graphics, tweaked the game play a bit and that´s about it. There isn´t anything new worth signalling gameplay wise.

I like the game and i´m having a blast using the monk but the game simply doesn´t offer anything new over D2 and it should.

Then there´s the fact that the game requires to be played online even in single campaign, i really don´t like that for obvious reasons...

Guess i´m gonna buy this game when the price lowers below 30€. More than that is overpaying for this kind of game...

18. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Well scratch this earlier post, i gave it another go this time as a wizard and i was playing for ages, it's very addictive once you get going.

I just placed my order on amazon seeing as it's only £28 on there.

Just shows how opinions can change in a short period of time :D.

19. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    Yeah, i know..it takes time to really know....but i know right now that the gfx should be much better...
    I shoulden't be getting 90fps with a new game....must be console porting reason...

I was going to get a new GFX card this summer but with games like this i don't need to....Nvidia must be taking a hit...

20. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    For you who have played it, is the multicore support as bad as Starcraft 2's?

Don't feel it's worth downloading this for such a limited time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.