Diablo III.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MrH, Oct 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    so there are issues that means you crack it?

not cool in fact zero cool.....

2. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650

relax dude. i'm quite sure this servers are not the ones they'll be using on release, or at least they'll be upgrading it. 'coz its stupid of them if this is it.

relax. remember this server is for a set, low number, closed beta users only which was fortunately opened to the public.

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Actually there is a big difference. With SC2, the .base files for the game are stored on your HDD. With D3, some of those .base files will be stored on the server. Hence the no offline mode.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  4. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Is this the same game engine as Sc2 ?
    The stuttering at the start was the same as Sc2 and it smooths out the more you play like it's caching everything into memory at the start of the game.

5. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    Exactly.

6. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Permanent online connection is pure nonsense for singleplayer. I'm having issues with their servers, not being able to connect or disconnecting in the middle of the game.

But I guess it's the only way to stop piracy.

7. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
  8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Exactly, that's why it's there.

@zer0_c0ol - take a chill pill. You won't crack it. And why are you even getting it if you don't like it? The servers will be much better on release. I'll be expecting some connection issues, but it's a f2p game so it's not like I'm losing out on play time I'm paying for (swtor)

9. BrightCandle

BrightCandle Active Member

GPU:
    MIS / 680 / 2GB SLI
    Its also a great way to stop legitimate customers from playing a game we bought, like now when the servers are still broken. This is all just a run of what to expect then it releases, every always on DRM scheme has ended up impacting large numbers of its players and this will be no different.

I had to play it to see if the game was some amazing thing that made it worth it but honestly its a tired concept and there is no innovation whatsoever. Its D2 with better graphics, but far from the quality of graphics a PC user should expect on todays hardware. Its a no buy here, just not worth it.

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Have you actually read anything related to this game?

This "DRM" provides a feature that people have been asking for since Diablo first launched. The ability to use the same character both online and offline.

How exactly do you perform a server stress test....without stressing the servers?

The servers aren't broken.....geezus. They're setup for beta...not general public. Battle.Net will have no problem supporting the game when it goes live on May 15. This is simply to figure out the max number of connections the server can handle and still provide a quality game play experience. Of course, they could just configure everything for D2 and accept people pissing and whining at launch.....but I guess they figured it'd be better to configure the servers to properly run D3 instead as it'll be sending/receiving considerably more data than they did with D2.

11. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    hmm i wonder how the servers will behave when there is over lets say 700.000 players on them... u do forget that this is AAA release that will maybe be bigger then sc2

and of course the insane drm is just a deterrent for ppl to buy d3 in the first place.. and all of that pr crap from blizzard regarding piracy well only an idiot (not saying u) can trust pr..

the game will get cracked sooner or later only a naive person would believe otherwise... and legitimate players will as usual get the shaft

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Legit players shafted? How exactly? Yes, there will probably be some sort of a crack, but legit users will be the ones enjoying the full feature list, not the ones who pirate it? You won't be able to play on official servers and use all the online features if you pirate.

I wouldn't worry too much about the servers, blizzard have coped with tons of players in wow and sc2

13. DrD0ctor

DrD0ctor Master Guru

GPU:
    graphics unit
    It's hilarious how some people will just defend every single thing game devs do till the death. The DRM could be that you can't play until you lick one of the devs polished turds, and some of you would do it (especially if it's a devs turd I'd imagine)

14. Calmmo

Calmmo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Im still no convinced to try this. This whole buy stuff for real money makes wanna stay as far away as possible... Gonna have to wait and see how this works out coz the way I see it has the potential to ruin the whole mmo market for good (for me at least).
    Their excuse about avoiding black markets etc sounds legit enough but not good enough for me to bite..

15. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Not sure what you mean really, the auctionhouse will function as an irl cash arena and ingame gold arena.

In modern mmos/rpgs ( anything with persistant stats and items really ) there are always 3rd party companys that 1) gold farm 2) item farm and sell for irl money, for ppl who don't wanna sit through a pve grind to get decent/top gear.

You as a person do not have to participate in the irl cash money house if you don't want to, I really do not see the problem especially with diablo series since they have ALWAYS have had an ebay market for good rares and hard to get uniques.

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Exactly how are they going to get the files off Blizzard's servers to create a "crack"?

Quite honestly, this type of DRM doesn't bother me in the least. I'll be playing mostly multiplayer anyway as I enjoy the player interaction.

Given that Battle.Net has managed to successfully support 1 million+ players concurrently....I'm sure it'll be fine with 700,000 players. Blizzard has done just fine expanding Battle.net over the years.

What's really funny is how people will pick out the dumbest reasons to bash a game....

It's completely optional. You're not forced to buy anything in the game......

17. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    I wonder how long this outage is going to last.

I don't really care how they want to protect their game, but having a server down and not allowing you to play single player is bull****.

18. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    what about ppl who do not want want to be online to play sp ?

19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    They're stress testing the servers. What part of that did you miss? They're still setup for beta testing. They're not setup for the general public. They're trying to determine the optimum number of connections per server for when the game goes live. As of 10am PDT on Monday, the servers will be locked to beta testers again.

Then don't buy the damn game. Simple solution.

20. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    some ppl will just eat any dev crap i guess...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.