Diablo III.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MrH, Oct 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yea I too get the message, but mainly getting the 3003 error message.

Blizzard know how popular their game is, and here they are giving it away for free for a whole weekend!?? Surely they have got to have known how popular this would of been.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yep, same here, the servers are busy :/

3. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    I'm either getting the 3003 message or another error code (37 I think) which means the servers are busy. Oh well. Hopefully this will be resolved soon. I'm from South Africa and am eagerly waiting (like the rest of you!!!).

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    meh, I've been in the beta for a couple of months or so so I don't really mind. hope you guys get on soon enough :)

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    hmmm might try changing server location, see if there any other servers with less load then the European ones.

EDIT:

Open beta my arse! Every region is completely full up, every server is busy. Can not log in at all. Open beta? More like yea "first come first serve beta!"

EDIT2:

Just read on a forum at there is NO EUROPEAN STRESS TEST/OPEN BETA!???

It is only for the US, but we can still play, just go to options and select the Americas in the server tab.

You will probably get ERROR 37 as they have posted a message stating that they have capped the number of people on the servers as issues have come up that they are trying to fix.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  6. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Looks like they limiting the number of players now due to the demand of people that want to play.
    I think we'll be very lucky to get some playing time in tonight.

7. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Oh look... more blizzard lameness. So overrated these days.

8. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    I'm a little concerned to be honest. If they are having troubles with this beta test imagine, just imagine what kind of "stress test" the actual release day will have.

9. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    almost done with downloading the game! in the mean time i tried Tera open beta, all i can say is that i will be playing D3 this weekend... lol. Tera is just ugh imo. others may feel different but once i got into the game after creating my character, played for a bit but i kept getting the "Korean MMO" feel to it which Ii really do not like. although it was crowded like heck.

10. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    My guess (purely guessing here) is that Blizzard made the open BETA for this weekend to see if they can handle server load when everybody buys the game. Clearly they might need an upgrade it seems.

11. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Damn. I had less fun than I thought I would... Guess I'll put it on the "it's just a limited beta"

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Blizzard wanted their servers stress tested. Well they got it. I tried to log on for over an hour earlier and couldnt get in. I think Blizzard underestimated the amount of people who wanted to play the beta.

13. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Well i gotta say - i don't see what all the fuss is about, i got bored within an hour or so. I'll give it a bit more over the weekend BUT i really can't see myself paying buying this.

14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Finally got in to the damn game, and have finished my first play through of the WHOLE Beta. Its not very long, you can get to level 13 but I finished the Beta at level 10 I think.

Created a Barbarian. Not a bad class, game plays beautifully and looks ok too. Although I do somewhat prefer the visual style of Torchlight over this more darker tone. But that's just me.

The one thing that REALLY gets to me is the controls. I know these have more or less been the same controls for every dungeon crawler, point and click and your character will go there. But my finger started to seriously hurt after about a hour or so, something I have never experienced whilst playing PC games in the past ten years and I have had some pretty long marathon gaming session in my day. I just wish that I could move around the game world with the good old WASD (maybe I can and I am just too lazy to check the options screen lol).

The only other thing I felt, is that the game seems far to easy. I know this is only the beginning of the game. It just felt as though Blizzard were holding my hand the whole time. Every item I picked up a pop up menu appeared and told me what to do with it. Or every time I got a new skill, it was kind of patronising. Not sure if you can turn off hints, but I didn't see anything. Also you end up with sooooo much gold its untrue. Finished the beta with nearly 5k gold. I was able to buy or craft ALL the best items available.

Overall the demo kept me engrossed, the looting is insane with amount of stuff you get, I literally destroyed every pot and pan and left no dungeon or area fully explored. Some areas are quite big too.

This was a day one buy for me, but I think I might wait a week or two now scene how they coped with this "stress test" I may as well wait to see if they get over the first couple days when its actually out.

Just going to try and log on tomorrow and choose a different class, might go with the Witch Doctor...

15. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    i think there is no euro server, at least i only could play in US, after many busy things, just keep trying and done. Even with 230ping (with 2 spanish friends and one from south america) it was totally "lag-free".

reddawn, 5k gold and you can buy and craft best? ._.

I spent ~12k in lvling up blacksmith to lvl2. And need more items, you can craft item, but you need to make it good for your character, not just random stats. I did 4 runs, i have good weapon and some items but a few others are like strenght and gold... (for me, demon hunter...), and this playing with friends who share their good items for me and i do for them.

I think the random stats its gona be really addicting thing, trying to get best possible item.

And yeah, it does look easy, but keep in mind that this first chapter its kinda a tutorial for many people, and i think this is just "normal difficulty" mode?

I have my pre-buy at 30€ in amazon, got it when it was cheaper than now, so if i cancel, i cancel forever, but i think ima buy it, looks great IMO.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012

16. BrightCandle

BrightCandle Guest

GPU:
    MIS / 680 / 2GB SLI
    Last night was a great show of how always online DRM can screw a legitimate customer. A time limited demo for single player would have stopped last nights madness, instead they've gone with this always on mess for an auction house that nickle and dimes people. Honestly Blizzard have you no shame?!

I personally didn't think the game was remotely good enough to justify the inane DRM.

17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I am a legitmate customer and by no means do i feel screwed over by their DRM. As for the Auction House, Blizzard isn't forcing us to use it.

18. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Well I managed to play the game. Got into Leorics Chamber. Then my game was disconnected. :(

19. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    anybody else got loads of stuttering?

20. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Yes. Its going to be like this all weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.