Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MrH, Feb 14, 2014.

1. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Yep, I made a similar post a few pages back. It’s just so much smoother on the PS4 and it plays beautifully with controller. Also it is loads of fun for local co-op.
    By the way there was some talk about implementing seasons on the consoles, but no news recently.

Get better soon bro!

2. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    That happens when I start the new season,most gamers are curious what is going with every new season,after 1-2 weeks the stats are back to normal.

3. Beez

Beez Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 GTX 4Gb
    It's been known for ages that the lag/stutters are caused by area damage. They've tried to reduce the issues, mainly with huge nerfs to the way area damage is applied, but it's still there. At one point Blizz even asked for expert programmers to come and help them with the issues (although I can't find the post). At this point I doubt it will be fixed tbh :(

Here's a post about the issues:
    http://www.diablofans.com/forums/di...blo-iii-general-discussion/131252-fix-the-lag

4. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    That's super interesting, cheers.

5. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Right, I'm level 70 P50ish on PS4 now so here are my thoughts (I have 1000s of hours into the PC version for reference).

- Plays beautifully with a controller
    - No micro stutter whatsoever
    - Acts 1 - 4 performed at what felt like a rock solid 60fps
    - Act 5 had some frame rate issues in Westmarch especially
    - 2 player co-op doesn't seem to affect the frame rate, 4 player does
    - The Bloater/Clicker (The Last of Us) mob set has major performance issues (the gas cloud I assume)
    - Online has a lot of delay/rubber banding from my experience with it thus far
    - A lot of people are cheating in multiplayer
    - Frame rate is noticeably worse in Rifts/Grifts than outside in the world (apart from WM)
    - The way sockets and gems are displayed is very annoying (for example if you put 30 int in your chest it'll add the int to the total instead of clearly showing it came from a gem like on PC)
    - You can't mass produce gems with one press like on PC?
    - Good loading times

Overall it's good, probably a notch under the PC version. If they added the option to play with controller on PC I would use it. Also if they could clean up the performance in certain situations it would be really great, especially the Bloater mobs which are awful. I really wish the PC version ran stutter free for me like the PS4 version does, once you've tasted a stutter free Diablo it's hard to go back, even with the PS4 specific issues.

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I have both, i loved it on the original xbox 360, loved it on the PS4, but for me the PC version is the sweet spot, the loot system is just so much better, and mouse aiming, how did i cope with this game without mouse aiming, it feels so much more engaging in the games battles, and plus seasons are awesome, i completed five but i can't seem to find my set, although i do have the little tree creature folowing me around, very handy saving me running around picking up all my gold. lol

But it is Diablo, you cannot go wrong no matter what system you play it on. ;)

7. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    It's so much easier on PS4 too because of the double damage, I just did a T6 rift in rubbish gear and I only got 70 today. I would have been **** stomped on PC but my pets just do so much damage with that buff.

8. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    I use controller only on racing games or Euro Truck Sim 2.
    I dont know if will be great to play an Arpg like D3ROS with controller.Especially when I see automatic camera movement on some ported games.

9. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

There are a ton of people who have tried both ways and actually prefer a controller for D3. I've been wanting to try it myself for a long time now and I wish they would bake it into the PC version for those of us who would like the option.

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://www.pcgamer.com/blizzard-is-...n-diablo-3-and-the-necromancer-is-coming-too/

Diablo 1 re-created in Diablo 3 in a upcoming event and Necromancer class is coming as a DLC next year.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  12. Havel

Havel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    OMG! This is so great! Such support and as free update. Just...a big thanks to Blizzard :D

13. blaugznis

blaugznis Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Who said it will be free? :)

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Nobody worthy. Blizzard are coy on this. I expect this being around $15.

15. Havel

Havel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    The remake is free (and likely out soon) while the Necromancer will cost money and will be out in 2017

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Either way, I feel this is a little too late for D3. It's fair to say that everyone has played D3 to the pulp, there is nothing to do in the game right now, even the new season is kinda pointless.

I'll come back with the next content patch, but for now the game is not getting played.

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Somehow im more hyped than i should be. :D

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  19. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Thought it would be free, shame it's not. Knowing Blizzard it'll be 50% more expensive than it should be.

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB