Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MrH, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti FTW3
    @TheDeeGee Have you made a ticket? It must be a problem with your provider and D3 servers.

2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    No i havn't, they always ask for Trace and Pathping and you never hear from them again.

I'm done with D3 now anyways, ill see if the next season has worthy rewards again.

3. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti FTW3
    Well it's worth a try anyway, thats why they ask for that,to see where the problem is on the path from you to their servers. If you don't ticket them i doubt they'll fix it(unless it's experienced by a larger audience,which in this case i doubt it is) and you'll have same lag in next season too.

Does anyone know if you can still get the pennant and portrait from Hots? when you reach lvl 12? I'm interested in the pennant.

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    Oh it is, EU Forum is full of complains since Season started, nothing has been done.

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    This game is just too crazy value :D And then 2.4.0 omg

Have crusader, monk and witch doctor, everyone at GR55. And without too much effort.
    So I can see them hitting GR 60, but 70?... not really

Free tip, if you're get bored:
    1) Stop reading online *** all together and then figure out and plan *** by yourself
    2) Go hardcore

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    Any Gurus play D3 now that S5 has started? :)

Easier than ever to get a starter set and start killing demons. Got myself a nice SWK Monk that blasts most things pretty easily. GR50 is within reach and I only dinged last Friday.

7. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Yeah, I been playing a lot for the past week. Made some progress on my WD and started a seasonal DH. Love the game, but after an hour or two of clicking my hand starts to hurt from wrist to shoulder. How I wish they implemented controller support for the PC version, or seasons for the console one. Damn you Blizz!

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    Click? I've seen people doing that in videos but I dont know why they do it. I personally click and hold the button to move.

Any skilled monks here that can review my gear and give me tips on upgrades? :)

9. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Sure I hold the button to move, but still there is a lot of clicking involved in that game – moving, primary and secondary skills. Click, click, click …

I, as a lot of other people, spend most of my work day sitting in front of computers clicking at stuff. That’s why I enjoy the PS4 version more, because I can relax, stretch my legs, or even lay in bed while playing. Shame that most of my friends play it on PC and there are no seasons on console, yet.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    I guess the only clicky thing would be to use primary skill and sometimes the secondary. But its not like I spam it :) And its not more than any FPS really. Something very clicky would be to chain-salvage legendaries ;)

11. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Clicking aside, how about some info for the seasonal noob (me). So I made a seasonal DH, made the first chapter solo and was at level 35. Progress was slow so I decided to play with some random people and got from 35 to p35 in an hour. Fine, but what now? I still have crap gear and can’t even do master difficulty solo and seems that I need to progress though story mode to kill the bosses need for the second season chapter. Where do people get those cool sets so early? Any hints are appreciated :)

12. Beez

Beez Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 GTX 4Gb
    You can get a full set for your first seasonal character by doing a couple of the seasonal achievements. You'll get two pieces just for reaching level 70, two for completing a solo level 20 rift, and two more for killing Zoltun Kulle on Torment II or higher. All of these should be easy with really bad gear. You do not have to run the story btw, just play in adventure mode at hard and do bounties to level up to 70 :)

The set you get from the achievements may not have the best rolls but it should get you started on doing higher torments and rifts for better rolls. Check the gear some of the people are using at the top of the leader boards to give you a target of what you need.

The game doesn't stop once you get a full set, aim for full ancient gear, leveling up all you gems and legendary gems, making sure you have the right cube effects (you'll need the crafting mats from each act), getting your Hellfire amulet/ring (if you need it), and leveling up your paragon points :)

13. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Thanks for the info mate! I get it. Strange that I got only one when I got to level 70..

14. Beez

Beez Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 GTX 4Gb
    No problem :) Hmm, not sure why you only got one set piece at 70, I think it depends on the class, for example a Wizard gets three pieces of Firebirds for completing a 20 rift where other classes get two. Look at the reward for the achievements in the season journey I mentioned, it shows you the rewards (Haedrig's gift).

P.S I forgot to mention the other 'end game' goal. Check the last page of the transmutes in Kanai's Cube. You can augment your primary stats on ancient items. You'll need crazy high mats including a leveled legendary gem. A rank 50 gem on a piece of armour will add 250 of a primary stat, the higher the gem the better the stat. I'm working on these atm :)

15. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Will do, thanks!

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    For once I actually followed a guide/build and I feel like it really paid off. Sure, I did have some good luck this time but I've managed to get pretty decent gear and can easily do T10 and GR50 or higher without breaking sweat. Im at P400 and went there in about a weeks time. I'm sure you can do a lot better but just to give an example. I use a starter build for my monk based on the gear you get from the seasonal quest. It's pretty powerful but obviously there are better ones.

You can find all the information you need including links to your starter build here : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...XsF-avLsYOrmOM/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true#

In some of the diablofans.com pages there are even video guides that are very helpful. Then it's just about collecting gear including Kanai's Cube items and just doing rifts and some bounties (for Kanai) until you get everything. Then jump on to the next build or stay with your starter one but try collecting ancients. That's what I'm doing now but since the chance of getting an ancient is 1/10 to the normal leg drop it will take a looong time. My damage is good because of all the bonuses but on paper it looks pretty weak :)

You find your Season quest progress in the little coin shaped icon in the top right corner (next to the difficulty level) while in-game.

DH Impale Starter build ; http://www.diablofans.com/builds/70115-2-4-t6-impale-start-build

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  17. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX770Classi/BenQ XL2720z
    How the hell did I miss that? Thanks!

18. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    I have had technical issues with this game since the original beta, ranging from micro stutter to frame drops on certain tile sets, I have built 3 different rigs during this time and the problem has never been fixed, until today, all I had to do was switch platforms. I'm currently nursing a back injury and after recent surgery I'm forbidden from sitting down for extended periods so I bought the PS4 version and my God, it runs perfectly. No stutter, no drops, no micro freezing, no sound channel overlap etc, it's literally better in every way and I'm scratching my head wondering why and how.

I'm seriously considering moving platforms permintely even when my back is healed, although no seasons really hurts the PS4 version, although I've obviously had to start fresh so it's like I'm playing my own season now. The game also plays wonderfully with a controller, they've done an amazing job. The only thing I don't like is how Nephalem Glory is different, it gives double damage on console and feels mandatory to have it constantly up.

Overall I'm really loving the PS4 version and it was well worth the £18 I paid for it.

19. Turanis

Turanis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Hey I guess you dont play online and the drop is better.I will love if this game have an offline version,not always online.

The sttuter from PC version is rare,depends if their servers are near full especially weekend nights.

20. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    I'm not sure where you got that idea from? Over the years I've researched this issue extensively and I've never heard anyone with this theory before. Plus it makes no sense as it's almost constant, even if I were to play at 5am when no one is on.

The online is the worst part about the PS4 as it's not always online so people cheat, thankfully they countered the XP gem last patch so people can't ruin your Paragon unless you follow them into super high Grifts then that's your own fault. If they made always online seasons with leaderboards on PS4 I'd be in heaven.