Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MrH, Feb 14, 2014.

1. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    Titan Quest...ahhhhhhhh...there was a game I played with my 3 best buds back when we all lived in the same house. That game STILL looks pretty, and more importantly plays well in my opinion. Now that you've got me thinking about it, we never did beat the expansion.......

As for D3, I will probably end up giving it a try after the next few big patches, but I will never be as serious as when I was selling stuff on the RMAH and playing more hours than I was working. That was a crazy time, since my 1630 hours were mostly spent on the game loooooooong before RoS and even before patch 2.0, so my 4th friend started a new account when we all got RoS and it took him all of 80 hours to get more gold, legendaries, sets, crafting mats, gems, paragon leves and BiS items than I had acquired in 1000+ hours of the much older version of D3, where they basically punished you for playing and you were lucky to see a legendary every 4 hours or so.

When they did a patch way back when that made repair costs skyrocket, that helped wipe my gold out...these days you get one good T6 trip to Greed in a 4 person party and you will pretty much be set to go. Lastly, I've gotten 14 Ramaladni's Gift up to this point. Gave 3 of them to a friend, 2 to a different friend and kept the rest in my stash. I had nothing worth using them on, other than my amulet, which you OF COURSE can't use it on. :)

2. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Currently playing 2.1.2 on console.

Pc is still in maintenance.

3. Pinhead

Pinhead Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Classified GTX 780Ti
    Bro, that is a SWEET Vile Ward. Congrats man. I took off work today to play and it figures that there's a 2 hour extension to the maintenance. Darnit!

4. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    I have grim dawn installed, I just wish they would finish it, so I can start playing the full thing.

5. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    I bought early access a long time ago and it's coming along nicely but it's still pretty raw IMO, despite what the official forum fanboys will tell you. The UI needs a lot of work, it looks and feels very low budget and it's not very clear, especially the tooltips which can be very confusing I've found. Also the performance is pretty hideous right now, although it's alpha and they've said they'll improve it in later builds so I can let it slide for now. The game has bags of potential but it needs some serious polishing, they've said they're aiming to release the game in March and I just don't see how they can possibly have it done and polished by then. Realistically they need at least 6 - 8 months at the pace they're going. I honestly feel like I've had my monies worth already though, and I do enjoy playing it but in its current state I couldn't see myself putting more than 100 hours into it max, which is nothing for an aRPG.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Oh wow, love the patch! Completely different play style for my DH. Went all fire with Cindercoat, my generator is Chakram (twin chakrams), changed cluster arrow to loaded for bear. changed up my passives as well, no longer need cull the weak and ballistics. Got rid of multishot and replaced it with rain of vengeance (shade).

The playstile is more static now, but oh dear, when you pop 3 sentries and unleash loaded for bear things on screen just go pop, especially with the Ambush passive if you crit. insane. Love this.

Hmmm, killing elite packs on T6 in a 4 man group takes me about 4 seconds, even if I'm killing them solo because I'm away from my group. If full of hatred, of course. Tactics? Put down 3 sentries in front of the pack, unload 5-6 cluster arrows, pop.

EDIT: Got a couple of ancient items, a ring and a bracer, all res on ancients goes from 110 to 130, nice.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    EDIT 2: You know that feeling when you get a Witching hour drop on your barb... and it rolls dex. Will be nice for my DH though
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  8. pbvider

pbvider Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    This patch is fantastic for my DH !

9. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    I think I might start playing my Barb again, I want to play the Monk but cba to roll another one. My current is max level but it's a season char, so I'll have to wait for that to end.

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Does Gold Find affect Boon of the Hoarder?

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Can't see why it shouldn't. You don't really need gold find though, hoarder yields mountains of gold even without it, you easily make 5m in a single rift.

12. Pinhead

Pinhead Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Classified GTX 780Ti
    I'm REALLY liking this patch. I didn't think it was possible but my Raekor's barb is even more OP than before. I literally clear T6 rifts in 5 minutes or less. It's just complete and total annihilation. And oh boy, the treasure goblin mobs are a hoot. No more worrying about having crafting materials, that's for sure.

13. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    Made a video showing the stutter I get, I've had this problem across several PCs during Diablo's liftime, 60fps but not smooth at all. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqTPHNmAyxA

I wonder what it is. Watch it in 60fps if you can, it shows the issue better.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  14. pbvider

pbvider Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    You don`t need to wonder,it`s not your PC it`s the game.No matter how good your PC is there will always be stutter in this game.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    looks pretty bad. just watched it at 60fps. is that what it looks like when you stare at the screen?

16. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Mines always looked like this, I assumed it was just the game. I stop noticing tbh

17. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    Really need to get back on this game.

I got to a boss on RoS and got massively stuck. Keep getting taken out within a few hits lol

18. brunopita

brunopita Banned

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    I have stutter problems too, but I think it has to do with the connection with battle.net. I easily get 60fps, but sometimes the modem light blinks and here comes the stutter. I bought RoS and lost the desire to play because of this ****.

19. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    Which boss?

Just lower the difficulty if you're having issues, the lower modes are faceroll tbh.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Last night we discussed with Lucidus about previous diablos. yeah we love to game Diablo 3 coop..but ia a bit bored..thats me the problem i know..

but he says Diablo 3 isnt old school as previous ones. i said i didnt finish previous ones already so cant comment to that.