Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MrH, Feb 14, 2014.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Not really, no.

2. Pinhead

Pinhead Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Classified GTX 780Ti
    Actually, I've found that found that these SweetFx settings make a big difference in how the game looks. I wouldn't play D3 without it. But to each their own.

http://darkd3.com/

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    well, sweetfx really goes without saying if you're not happy with how the game is rendered natively or like different colors or your monitor isn't correctly calibrated. you can also force AA from CP but that's another thing that isn't really worth mentioning. I thought MasterBash was after some graphics mods.

4. Pinhead

Pinhead Master Guru

GPU:
    Ahh, gotcha. I forgot that SweetFx was assumed. :)

5. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

I feel like every class probably feels that way about whatever gem their main stat comes from. Not bashing at all, just saying I know how you feel :)

6. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Having some sandbox vibes from my youth! I got this online buddy to whom I chat on a daily basis about all kinds of things and we've also been playing various games together on and off for almost 10 years now. Lately hes been joining my D3 games as I have quick join enabled and if I'm doing bounties he starts rushing to the objective, skipping as many mobs and elite packs as possible, any environment objects, events, chests, treasure goblins... you name it! Basically speedfarming the bounties just for the caches.

This just infuriates me as I find it a highly ineffective way to get gear but somehow he appears to have it in his head that his way is the best. Wether it is or not is ofcourse debatable but nonetheless I get cranky as hell as I prefer to kill as much as I can and go at my own pace while exploring all nooks and crannies since 50% of my legendaries have come from the environment like loose stones and chests and whatnot not to mention that theres still lots of achievements I want and I've ever only had 1 or 2 legendaries from a cache. How dare he enter my game and expect me to play his style.

/geekrantover

If it carries on words may be needed or I'll just have to disable quick join.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Bounties are best rushed, otherwise you're wasting your time. Only kill elites and pick chests on your way. Trash hardly ever drop legendaries.

8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    D3 looks fine for me.

Then again, i got a 10-bits monitor.

9. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    WTF 4 mill dmg. Are those gems the highest the royal something gems? The ones that give like 130 critical dmg when placed unto weapons?

Lord it must have taken you what hours to reach over lvl 200 in paragon. I'm still in the lower 100s of paragon.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I have the highest tier gems in weapons, 2nd highest in armor, still working on those. 200 is nothing, people have reached over 600 paragon levels :) but yeah, I've clocked 695 hours in d3 so far.

11. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    considering that there are 7 lvls of torment and i see ppl at lvl 300 paragon at torment lvl 2 instead of say lvl 5 upwards. Then of course they kill lvl 2 torment enemies real quick.

12. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    There are 6 Torment levels, and Paragon doesn't mean that much in the grand scheme of things. Having a few extra stats won't make up for lack of gear. A lot of people farm T2 because it's not much of a step up from T1, but T3 is a noticable step up from T2. To be farming T5/T6 you need extremely good gear, including set bonuses in most cases.

13. MasterBash

MasterBash Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    Also, speed is everything. The chance for a legendary item is barely higher on the other torment levels, so people tend to play in the torment that allows them to kill mobs really fast.

14. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    What torment level does your DH do?
    I'm thinking of dropping Wizard and going DH.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I run t2 for fast clears.

16. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Tried it yesterday. All I can say is WOW! The game looks sooo much better with it, it is not even funny. At least on my monitor and eyes normal preset plus sharpening is the best. Thanks for sharing!

17. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

I try to play the highest level I can handle. While I realize that a big part of this game is farming, I enjoy its challenge more than I ever will a piece of loot.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Haha, for me it's all about efficiency and drops. We're all different.

19. Pinhead

Pinhead Master Guru

GPU:
    No prob. As I said before, I wouldn't play the game without it. It's far too cartoony for my taste without the sharpening and color alterations.

20. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    Lots of good news from the blues today:

Price to unsocket gems is being reduced;

Big changes to Horadric Caches;

Blood Shards will scale with difficulty;

Update on seasons which will be added in the first content patch;

That's a lot to take in, a pretty fantastic morning of news. It's crazy how fast they're fixing issues and making changes when needed, it has never been like this before.

Seasons sound great, I'm glad we finally got confirmation on what's happening with our progress, you basically get to keep everything at the end of the season plus you get the chance at season only legendaries. Sign me up!