Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MrH, Feb 14, 2014.

1. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I just got a near perfect Witching Hour:

[​IMG]

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Damn. Nice stats.

3. Nightowl225

Nightowl225 Master Guru

GPU:
    Two ASUS GTX 760 in SLI
    I just had a very disappointing rift, I went in cleaned it out of all monsters and loot, and the rift lord as I call the boss and not one legendary dropped, which stinks like 3 week old rotten garbage.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    That is NICE!

5. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    So yeah, Blizzard just stealth nerfed Blade of Prophecy. It's now capped to two extra explosions.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    oh well, back to double bombardment? Although even 2 extra explosions must be nice.

7. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I had four upgrades last I played, although some could have better stat roles. Quiver, Gloves, and a socketed Manticore with better stats. Also got a pretty nice ring that I'm in the process of trying to reroll one of the stats to crit damage. Surprising since I tend to solo play T2 of late.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Drannth-2925/hero/9192798

The gloves were actually a slight drop in base damage, but they buff sentry and pet attack speed so much it more than makes up for it.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  8. Nightowl225

Nightowl225 Master Guru

GPU:
    Two ASUS GTX 760 in SLI
    Well the third piece in the Blackthorne's Battlegear set for my monk just dropped after I opened a chest during a bounty near Bastion's keep. It was the belt.

http://nightowl224.imgur.com/all/

Two more pieces and I'll have a complete armor set for him.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    sitting on around 950k sheet dps with a few fire damage bonuses also cluster arrow and companion damage bonuses, with 3 wolves instead of one, some nice synergies. GG blizz, I'll start gearing something else. Is witch doctor fun now?

10. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    so now that AH is out of order does this mean that you need to play the game endlessly to gain those legendary sets?

11. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    Do monks give less damage compared to DH or a barb the same lvl as them?

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    erm... depends.

I felt with DH I need a lot more dps to do torment because you're toughness is low. you will lack in AR and armor and damage reduction. So you have to kill things quick, meaning you'll need more dps. Same goes for wizards.

Barbs, monks and crusaders can tank pretty well so they can get away with being a bit slow at killing stuff.

I found getting insane damage on DH was pretty easy compared to Barbs and crusaders. Really fun class to play, enjoyed it but will now gear something else.

13. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Demon Hunters tend to shine in group play, where they don't need to worry about getting attacked quite so much imo.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    think having 3 wolves helps too, not to mention vengeance takes care of everything nasty :)

15. Nightowl225

Nightowl225 Master Guru

GPU:
    Two ASUS GTX 760 in SLI
    My monk is getting near 300K dps a second now and climbing all the time, thanks to Paragon bonuses.

16. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Definitely. A massive problem I have is with mobility since my gear is rapid fire based. But when you can stand there and just shoot for a time? The output is unreal.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I don't really move around too much. on elites I just pop rain of arrows and companion active ability, sometimes vengeance. If it's arcane pack, I'll just stand on the cherry and I'm immortal. man, just played a bit on my wiz and barb and I have to say I like the DH the most.

18. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I loved my Barb until I started playing DH. It's just so much more fun, feels more versatile tbh. You can spec in so many ways that change play style.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yep, barb is ok for sustained damage and quite tanky, but no burst, unless you get some specific gear. DH is insane.

20. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    That's the problem I'm having in rolling another char to be honest, I enjoy playing them for levelling but when you get to the reality of it I'm at heart a massive damage whore. I love big numbers, always have. Even when playing MMO's, although never to the detriment of the group I was playing with. My goal in a raid for example, is to be the top damage dealer while making the fewest mistakes. I find that more difficult than any other role, tanking and the like included. Hell, I can't even bring myself to level my Barb.