Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MrH, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    It's also impossible to get set drops AFAIK.

2. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX3.0
    Damn your one jammy sob ive been getting some retarded drops on my DH

3. MrDre

MrDre Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX570
    I was able to get a Physical CE on launch date, an I'm so happy with the expansion! Everting is so much more detailed somehow. The areas don't seem as boring as acts 1 to 4.

Dunno if all you guys found this, but I think the henchmen had a little mission of their own now. Maybe its some sort of secret level...

This happend on my Scoundrel: During act V after the event that starts the quest to kill Urzael. When you talk to Tyreal in town and suddenly everything start to burn in the background. They will say that all cities are hit by Malthael. After this the Scoundrel will be worried about his brother in prison. If you talk to him about this a couple of times, it wil start a side quest to a dungeon where his brother is kept. It did not give me any achievements or items however :(

4. chanw4

chanw4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280
    Oh, I've done one for the Scoundrel and One for the Templar. The Enchantress mission is probably about her sister since she kept talking about her everytime.

5. MrDre

MrDre Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX570
    Did you get any items or achievements? At the end of the scoundrel mission the "hero" tells him to take the "dagger" and get out of there...didnt see any daggers though :frown:

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Correct, sets only drop from t1 upwards. Anyone noticed the sound is improved compared to vanilla? When it gets all busy, the game now seems to play all the sound effects correctly without any of them missing. In vanilla it used to struggle in busy fights.

7. serious1

serious1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2060
    I've had about 5 set items drop on expert and master when im under level 70. does that only apply to level 70?

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    I think that only applies to the new level 70 sets, similar to how some (all?) of the level 70 legendary items (Actual item level, not items at level 70 because it scaled to your level.) anyway I think it goes for ilvl 70 set and legendary gear. :)

EDIT: Also I believe ilvl defines the stat ranges for items, such as a Rakkisguard (ilvl 61) armor part has a certain range for properties and then a Ascended armor part has a greater range so a rare Ascended armor will usually be better than a rare Rakkisguard armor.
    (I'm making it overly complicated, higher item level means it's better but also more difficult to find.)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  9. Nightowl225

Nightowl225 Master Guru

GPU:
    Two ASUS GTX 760 in SLI
    I got a ring from one of the sets doing bounty hunts and I wasn't even on the hardest difficulty, haven't had another piece drop since then sadly which is why I need to look at cranking up the difficulty. Have seen legendary items drop every so often.

10. chr!s

chr!s Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Do you have reflections on?

There were a lot of people complaining about performance issues in D3 on the previous driver. (not just me)

The current 335.23 driver has an updated SLI profile for D3 so it would be a good idea to update regardless...

11. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Lol is it worth to get this game?

12. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX770Classi/BenQ XL2720z
    Do you already the have Diablo 3 base game? If so I'd say yes. If not you're looking at an $80 (us) commitment which may be a bit steep. You can always try the starter edition for free though to see if you like the feel of the game. Keep in mind that the game gets waaaaay crazier than what you'll see in the SE though, and far better imho.

Anyway, gonna make a run at Act V today with my Crusader. I've been having a pretty good time with the new stuff so far and I really like the new loot system. It brings back the adventure feel of the game that was missing with the AH being in there. Good job Blizz!

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    MrH, had that double Bombardment flail drop today, unfortunately only with 23xx damage so I'm gonna carry on with my regular 2h mace. the flail lost me some 150k damage, which is a shame, because it has some cooldown reduction too. oh well. Love the class though, the burst is insane! Just did the Malthael bounty on t1 in a group of 4 (with clan members), I ended up the only one standing and got the bastard down. While I still love my barb, Crusader may become my main from now on.

If you like ARPGs, it's a no brainer. Nothing comes close. I got around 600 hours out of D3 and I'm easily going to double that with the expansion now out. You can now buy D3+RoS directly from Blizzard for £65.98, but there's better deals out there. If you're not a fan of these kind of games, I wouldn't bother tbh.

The game is all about progression. It is repetitive, you end up doing the same thing over and over a million times. But it's worth it if you're a fan of the genre. It's all about spending countless hours just to find that next upgrade.

Btw, loving the gear progression in RoS. From gear, through to the gems (where you need recipes first, then lesser gems, then you need to salvage legendaries to craft them). Some of the secondaries on gear are build changing. Not to mention enchanting, that takes some gold too, also some luck and some mats. Then there's legendary crafting that needs mats, gems, templates. Awesome.

All in all, a much better game that D3 was. D3 has been my favorite game of 2012, 2013 and now 2014. I love it and it seems there will be more and more added to the game with future content patches.

EDIT: One of the reasons I love the class is that it looks awesome!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  14. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
    When the item database writes legendary 4-6random properties.. so its exactly the same as crafting 4-6random properties rare item?

15. Nightowl225

Nightowl225 Master Guru

GPU:
    Two ASUS GTX 760 in SLI
    Never had performance issues with the previous driver, and never played to 70 with the previous driver, as when this new driver came out, I updated to it within a few days.

I've got more recent videocards than what you have.

Nope, I have Resolve, Sieze The Initiative, Transendence, and Unity for Passive Skills. Mantra Of Evasion equipped with the Hard Target rune is active all the time.

I happen to play a monk, and I do get crazy as a monk, and pull of some crazy stuff.

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    Ye, the sound skipping seems to be fixed.

Now we need a fix for V-Sync and 0 FPS on Rakkis Crossing.

17. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    Good to "hear" the audio stuff has been sorted out. I noticed something was better after my 6 month D3 break, just wasn't sure what.

As for the V-sync issues, I've not found a real solution yet. Have any you had success forcing D3 to triple buffer through your driver?

18. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Awesome, we might get the game with our friends some time, ty eclap. :)

19. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    I do have one small gripe with the game, I think the drop rate for the Death's Breath item should be a little higher. That or offer a way to trade for it in limited quantities at a vendor or crafting station.

20. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    Ooh, yummy! Looky here at the next hotfix.

As a quick heads up, we have two buffs to Legendary item drop rates coming down the pipeline.

First change: We're increasing the drop rate for Legendary items (this includes Set items) in Torment 1-6.

Second change: We're significantly increasing the chance for an item purchased from Kadala to be a Legendary.

Both of these hotfixes are somewhat proactive, but are aimed to help improve the reward curve for players as they start to reach higher Torment difficulties. We look forward to hearing your feedback as a result of these changes.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12319691934#1