Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MrH, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Cubemonkey

Cubemonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire 7970s
    We've been doing key warden farming and found a good area to farm. If you select the last quest, Prime Evil, and start a game, go straight to the silver spire. I think the warp point is Crystal Colonnades. Run past the Leah ghost and Kulle ghost. In the Silver Spire lvl 1 you'll find 3 elite/champ packs and the keywarden. Always.

2. berkos

berkos Master Guru

GPU:
    r9 270x, 980
    any of you guys think this is not worth the price? not to bash this game, i've put many more hours in this than any other game since it came out, but i think blizz is pushing it too much, arenas still not here but were heavily marketed, RMAH removed (hated it) but listed as feature when bought new back then, and we get new act, 1 class, level cap and adventure mode which they could have implemented in vanilla version and they ask 40eur for this. i really hope sales flop on this expansion because pricing is getting out of hand...
    remember when LOD came out and what you got with it, back then mgs2 first mission was a demo, now we get to pay for similar demo, dlc and microtransaction crap in WoW...

3. Cubemonkey

Cubemonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire 7970s
    I do think it's $10 too high, but I'll buy it.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    It's a bigger area and thus more tedious but the same goes for the Oasis in act 2, it will always contain the key warden, since that's where he spawns (Usually near the entrance to said area.) plus a number of champions and usually two of those purple elite monsters.
    (Always the snake creature guarding the passage out of the oasis and either a shaman summoning creatures from a pool or a shaman summoning fallen from some wooden waterway constructions.)

5. Cubemonkey

Cubemonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire 7970s
    Just keep in mind that the Act IV keywarden can drop all three keys and the plans.

6. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Oh, I thought each warden dropped a key (Or had a chance to drop, up to 80% on Torment 6 I think.) and then you had to kill the Act IV warden to get the plans, I see so you only really need the fourth one and a bit of time. :)

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Keywarden drop rates

Torment I: 25%
    Torment II: 28%
    Torment III: 33%
    Torment IV: 38%
    Torment V: 43%
    Torment VI: 50%

I think these numbers are crap though. Because it took 8 tries on torment 6 earlier just to get the Act 1 KW do drop its key.

8. serious1

serious1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2060
    What are the organ drop rates now from the ubers?

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I really don't get the obsession with D2 that some people had. Every one was wearing the same duped legendaries, doing the same stupid boss runs, using the same build. And yes, LoD was a nice expansion, but it also only had 1 act, 2 new classes (one more than RoS, fair play) and a few other things.

RoS gives you

• new act
    • new class
    • new loot system
    • new legendaries
    • new set items
    • new game modes
    • new difficulty levels
    • new elites
    • new elite affixes
    • some gameplay mechanics changes
    • improved graphics (reflections)
    • AH/RMAH removal
    • clans
    • communities
    • high end gems now dropping
    • improved performance
    • few other things

I know some of you will say that some of the above is minor changes, but altogether it makes for a nice bag of changes that improves Diablo 3 no end, making it a much better ARPG than anything else out there. Price wise, I paid whatever the DDE was on Battle.net (£40 or something). I agree that LoD offered more significant changes compared to RoS, maybe. But RoS isn't the end of D3. Things can still be added. People are talking about ladders, runewords etc.

Sure, the price could be lower, but it's up to you, I'll get a few hundred hours of fun out of this, so it's definitely money well spent.

I would have gone mental. I only ran Ubers once, to get a new Hellfire ring to level Crusader when RoS goes live. On Torment 3, got 2 organs out of 3. Lucky me lol. I have a ton of Act1 and 3 keys, just not Act 2 keys because I never really liked Act 2 much, also finding the warden in Dalghur Oasis is a pita.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    Afaik the reset quests button only works when you've completed the whole game meaning you kill Diablo, then have to run through everything again to kill him again - rinse, repeat.

Like you said Legendaries can drop from anything:
    Normal mobs
    Elites/Champions
    Bosses
    Destructible items (barrels, crates etc)
    Chests
    Corpses ("Dead villager" etc)
    Treasure Goblins

11. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    I bought the DDE on day 1, I feel it's completely worth the price tag. I've put over 700 hours into D3V and I expect to do more or the same in RoS. That works out pretty good value in my eyes. They've improved the game in every way possible and added a **** load of content and they deserve to be paid for that.

12. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    The only thing you pay for in WoW is the Monthly Fee which includes DLC in the form of Major Patches.

EVERYTHING the ingame store offers are optional items the user decides to buy or not.

13. Sergio

Sergio Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 760 DirectCU II OC
    Guys, anyone can answer please? I used sweetfx for diablo3 for about last 15-20 days and now my friend said that i will be banned! I preordered RoS already, and checked the google but couldnt find my answer if this is true or not.

Anyone there using sweetfx with diablo3 from the beginning or for a long time without getting banned please?

14. PhazeDelta1

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

You'll be fine.

15. PhazeDelta1

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Just crafted these for my barb. I ran out of demonic essences crafting that axe. I can't get that thing to roll with a socket and strength affix for nothing. I keep getting either or.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Sergio

Sergio Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 760 DirectCU II OC
    Thx alot for answering. I wasnt playing for a long time but i began to play with the new patch, and i cant stand bright colors / spells on diablo3 (my eyes + headache after a while) and used sweetfx for this. Hope everything will be fine as you said PhazeDelta1. I deleted sweetfx files from d3 folder already, and i need to find a new method to protect my eyes... (already using f.lux)

And great 1H weapons! My 2H has 1320 dps!

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Your friend is full of bs. I've been using SweetFX with D3 for over 500 hours of psu time. No problems.

18. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX770Classi/BenQ XL2720z
    Officially preordered now. Is it tuesday yet?

19. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080TI Gaming editi
    Noob question does it require original Diablo? How much u need to grind to get good stuff?

20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    You need the original Diablo 3 for ROS (Which is why many have thought the price for the expansion has been somewhat high.) and as of update 2.0 you will find much better loot although once you reach level 60 (70 with the expansion.) there will be a lot of grinding to improve gear further either by getting high quality gems for socketing or just better item drops or reagents for crafting high-end gear.
    (And if like me you didn't use the Marketplace much and was more of a casual player there's also a constant need for gold.)