Diablo III - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    it so isn't the best

2. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Link or name an item that's better then. Yes there are other andy's visage that got better rolls, but rares? The fact that rares can't even have IAS on the head slot render them uncompetable with andy's visage with dex that isn't completely screwed up with the rolls on the stats.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I can get ias on other items as well, why is having it on the head the priority? It's not like it's the number 1 stat for all classes.

4. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    This is some professional level back peddling. No one ever mentioned other item slots, or other classes, we simply said the Visage is the best headpiece for a Demon Hunter, which it is. There is no rare that can stand toe to toe with the Visage, that is a damn fact because of the IAS, whether you can get it in other slots is irrelevant and that's not the discussion we're having. At the end of the day you're wrong and insisting you're right makes you look very foolish.

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I almost think that's the one downside to having an auction house in Diablo 3. SOOOO many variations of gear, on top of the seemingly infinite number of rare items each with a different name because of different stats... the chances of YOUR specific item selling are slim, simply because the chance of your item being the one that someone spots in the crowd and picks out are equally as slim. I mean... there's no way that i've seen to search for a specific item name, or part of an item name. Only sets and such. You can search with up to 3 affected attributes, but that leaves you with PAGES of items. Seems like if it's not Legendary, you might as well not bother trying to sell it.

6. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Blizzard could have removed the Auction Houses being intrusive to gameplay and could have put up a specific area game only accessible via using a specific item (portal) and available to all public.

And players could make their characters to be put up as shop in that auction specific public space.

7. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    If the characters/portals are not anonymous, it's just begging for huge amount of harassment that will easily overwhelm people's block/ignore list.

If it remains anonymous, then the problem that ElementalDragon talked about persists and everyone's characters/portals remain buried in hundred thousands of characters and portals.

8. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
  9. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    easily fixable..

Just give an option to make the character in the auction phases to either be "Anonymous" or "Not", which would in turn make the game utilized a ghostly visage character in the game space or to step up a ghost shop.

-----
    Edit

Suggestion:And to expand the game, guilds or groups could be introduced which can hold certain locations of Auction Spaces. Not only restricted to towns, but expand a bit onto an open world without monsters and only players. <- they could fight PvP in groups for holding an Auction Space.

This gives some meaning for Auctions(and related things) and adds gameplay element to have fun?

The location for this could be unique too, players would only get an item for this after they kill Diablo. Which would take them to a region above heaven as a gateway/staging areas to enter Auction Regions down below?

10. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    guys really you dont need to be arguing about the helm. i havent seen all the gear out there, not by a long shot - but i play DH and that combination of armor, substantial dex and IAS together with the gem slot is basically ideal. its not perfect but its reallllly nice.

11. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    How is that fixing anything? All you suggested was allowing both anonymous or identity based sale, which means both problems will exist.

The 'ghostly visage characters' will simply bury each other, and named sellers will be harassed to death by envious trolls/competitors if they own anything worthwhile.

Ermmm did you play this game at all Raiga? Really weird suggestions here, like killing Diablo to unlock the this trading hub (nothing like this exist in game)... what will that exactly do? Why would you want to deny trading to characters that haven't cleared normal mode? And why in the world would you want to restrict trading to few hubs then leave the access to these hubs winners of some pvp match? WTF? Sounds more like griefing house than auction house.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ok, I must say I missed the bit where you said it's the best for DH (which is true). I thought you meant it's the best head in general (which isn't true). My bad, apologize, didn't see it until I read back just now.

13. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Full warp Mr. Zulu ! :D

14. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Fair enough, glad it was just a misunderstanding.

15. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    I totally agree with you. But i need to recover my money for this POS so i'm gonna play until i faint and i'm gonna use the RMAH to sell my unique/legendary/rare or whatever equipment, cause i know there are so many suckers out there that will by great equipment for 5-10$. After i get my money back from Blizzard i'm gonna burn this pile of dog **** and post it on youtube. You have my word.

Also can you imagine they spend 12 years developing this crap!!! hahahaha i think Blizzard has a really talented team. Right now i'm replaying Titan Quest and i have to say it looks and feels 12 times better then D3 and it was released in 2006 FFS.

16. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Because the item drops in Normal mode of the game is hardly worth to be traded on the auction houses.

haha.just a sadistic approach. :infinity:

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    no they haven't spent 12 years developing D3 btw :)

18. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    So the RMAH is up, but you can't buy gold. I'm planning to sell some "junk" items for credit and buy gold with the credit once the price drops.

19. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    sucks to be you lol

20. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    I agree with you. I'm all for criticisms (For D3, things like horrible tech issues at launch [still some lingering for sure], lot of major exploits that somehow passed the QA [like the Act 2 chest bug], inferno scaling for melee, etc.) but at some point there is just way too much emotions attached to one. You realize that it's no longer criticism but more along the line of unreasonable expectation that has been fostered through years of brand loyalty that cannot be met. Or just plain flat out delusional expectation that big AAA game titles are meant to change one's life completely.

Or in most cases it just looks like a trolling attempt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.