Diablo III - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    What happened to the blizzard of yesteryears when they said it's released when it's done. This game is half ass crapola missing pvp, missing rmah, missing testing in inferno blah blah ... games a joke Also they should make it so people can interreact better in trade games... let me make a game with whatever title so others can enter it and trade or go off and kill stuff. This game has so many problems. Whats funny is they made game online only and it feels like a single player game cuz of chat and game search restrictions.
    And can't wait for Guild Wars 2 it's being done right not like this silly diablo 3 trash.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  2. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    ROFL so much lag spikes tonight on US servers.

RIP hardcore characters.

What a joke for server stability lol

3. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Yeah...keeping support Blizzard.

All the fanboys and such, also to those who are justifying always online play for Diablo 3(which is dip**** bull crap justification).

-----
    Edit

Check the first guys/character's death in the video -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO2Ih_LudbQ

(aren't lag deaths, but its fun to watch it thou)

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I completely agree with you as my own experiences of the game are very similar to yours. I've had less than an hour of what I'd deem to be perfect performance and that only happened because Blizzard were turning off the EU servers prior to doing an update so I got very low lag for that session. That's the only time though and in the last few days I've seen my normal 60-70ms of latency creep up to 150-300 fps which means the game now hitches noticeably (as it actually freezes up momentarily) every 5-10 seconds and always before a group of enemies appear onscreen. The performance is actually getting worst IMO and I always play at the same time each evening: 8pm-12am.

And, yes, the Real Money Auction House is clearly the priority for them over fixing performance issues because they can't make easy money out of patching the engine to run better. ;)

5. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
  6. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    0, free on android.

There's also an unofficial windows app which acts as authenticator, it works fine, been using since 1st day (open source, no malware). Okay, if your PC gets compromised, you're ****ed too, but well, if you dont have android its a good alternative, it protects you from phising and a some other threats (and even if some kind of malware infects you, it has to search for that app, search the .xml file where your info/unique-id (usb external? :p) is placed and steal it.

7. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    when are they patching 1.03? have they released the date yet?

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    End of this month is the last i heard.

9. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    They're free on smartphones, but the physical version is £8.99 in the UK - in the US they work out as £4ish (after conversion) which is "apparently" just for the postage (i say "" because i don't think it's true at all), so make of that what you will with regards to how much they get from selling them (i recon at least £4/5 off each in the UK).

This is why i'm not touching the RMAH - not just because frankly it's the dumbest thing i've seen in a game like this, but because there is no way i'm paying Blizzard money for an Authenticator so i can give them money from the RMAH (i have to pay them more money to give them more money??).

10. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    i bought an auth stick. dont have a smartphone, just a flipout keyboard phone for texting...the auth was $6.50, free shipping. it costs em a couple bucks to make, process, and ship them, so i dont mind - just from the security it brings.

come to think of it, i got an extra for my bud but he just uses the smartphone app. anybody want one?

11. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    i do!! :nerd:

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Authenticators are free dude.

13. Major Melchett

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    As i said, the smartphone ones are free BUT the sticks aren't (at least in the UK - i clearly stated that).

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    No, you said you have to paid them to pay them. which is not true. There's also a free authenticator for windows so you really don't have to pay. :)

15. Major Melchett

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    That last part was aimed at myself, i'd have to pay them £8.99 to access the RMAH which then gives them a cut of the auctions, to me this = i'd have to pay them to pay them (because i don't have a smartphone).

And as for the free auth for windows, that isn't officially supported by blizzard - and any thread about it on the diablo 3 forums get quickly removed.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Oh i see, so the windows authenticator won't let you use the rmah? That's a shame, i really don't like using the phone one because I'll end up having to call up cs every time i do a factory reset on my phone.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Couldn't agree with you more.

I don't have a smartphone so I cannot use the free authenticator and I object to paying £9 to Blizzard for extra security when Valve offer a similar thing that works for absolutely everyone through their Steam software!

But, seriously, who in their right mind would pay actual money for items in a game like this anyway? There are reports from people who have authenticators that have been hacked so I definitely will not be adding any credit card details or cash to my Blizzard account. Using money earned in the game to buy stuff is OK if you really must cheat that way but I draw the line at forking out real money for stuff like that. It's just completely pointless IMO as the stuff in Diablo III has absolutely no real world value, not like real stuff sold in real auctions. :3eyes:

18. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Don't forget the AH is going to pretty much be run by the early exploiters and gold farmers..

19. Major Melchett

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    On the phone versions they now have a restore system for that very thing (factory resets etc), you get a serial number and restore code in the app and you just write it down/save it. Then if you do a factory reset you simply go to the option to restore and enter the SN and RC, it then simply downloads your authenticator info so you don't need to contact CS.

You can even add your phone for a text service via the main website so you can simply remove authenticators from your account via text message.

I may not have a smartphone :(, but i have seen one running the app.

Main article showing the phones restore setup etc.
    http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battle-net-mobile-authenticator-troubleshooting

20. Csokis

Csokis Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.