Diablo III - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Previous thread: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=352754

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    First. :rock:

NVM :nerd:

3. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    do the quests eternal war, revenge of gharbad and carrion farm appear randomly? has anyone completed them?

4. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    I'm on Hell difficulty now and badly under-geared. The skeleton king was two shotting me earlier but I managed to make it past.

I had to switch to a mostly defensive build to run hell. Monk Build Thus far I'm progressing slowly but steadily in Act 1.

Basic strategy against elites is to run in whack a few times, pop heal, serenity then run away and drop a sanctuary. Exploding palm takes patience but it's worth it when you see an enemy explode for 10k-30k damage.

ETA: I just completed carrion farm , so yes random spawn act 1 just after the skeleton king.

5. ggp759

ggp759 Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 680
    hi guys. i have a 2560x1440 monitor and the asus vg236h. problem is when playing on the 27 inch there is framerate flactuation a lot. how can i choose to play this on the asus fullscreen? both monitors are hooked up to a gtx 570. does diablo 3 support refresh rates up to 120hz as thr asus does? any help greatly appreciated. asus is the secondary monitor by the way. sorry for reposting but did not wanted it to be stuck in the old thread.

6. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armour OC GTX1060 6GB
    It appears what I first thought was server lag was actually my 3G internet, at least so far. I tried another 3G card and it's working fine. Not perfectly, but 10x better than my current card.

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

In nv control, go to set up multiple displays and choose the Asus monitor as the default.

8. ggp759

ggp759 Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 680
    Thanks do you know if it supports 120Hz in game? thanks again

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    glad you got it sorted. hope it stays like that for you. now enjoy this gem of a game :)

10. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:

Correction, that build is for kiting Vampirics who have ranged attacks. Basic hell build monk

11. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Whats best for barb in terms of damage output, dual wield or 2 hander? Conventional wisdom tells me that 2 handed would be best..

12. Wanny

Wanny Guest

So I feel better today. I'm gonna give the game another shot with a barb.

13. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    It should. make sure vsync i enabled in game

14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Servers are about to go down for half an hour for maintenance.

15. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    I noticed that the performance benchmark (http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/diablo-iii-performance-benchmark,review-32439-5.html) shows a big hit in framerate at 2560x1600 on a single card. A 580 GTX only just averages over 70 fps at that res.

16. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    hey guys i just killed the skeleton king. Difficulty is normal since i cannot select anything else. First time playing the game. Using a female monk. I didn't really read in depth into each of the character classes but is the wizard the most colorful character cos of all the magic they can use? When playing D1 and D2 i preferred using the wizard over the warrior cos i thought the warrior and the barbarian's powers were boring to look at. The witch dr is the necromancer class i suppose.

17. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Everyone's skills look so over the top now so it's hard to say who looks the most colorful.

18. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    Oh yes i want to mention that this game sometimes has some type of pauses when i'm using my monk's backflip kick. Is it due to the drivers 12.4, the connection or just the game's design? I think my pc can play this game at max settings without a problem.

There's no lag or anything at all just that sometimes there's a slight pause when they start attacking many enemies but usually in the first few mins of the game. Afterwards no lag or pauses.

19. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I haven't played wizard. However, I don't think you'll find the monk lacking in style. He warps back and forth smacking the crap out of people at high levels. He can set them on fire causing them to explode killing others who in turn explode. He can conjure a fiery tornado, or stand in the middle of a burning whirlwind. The monk is like the Assassin, Paladin were combined and then given corpse explosion from the necromancer.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Im lvl 18 barbarian but a bit bored. i can create another character and can play yes? it won't overwrite my current character lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.