Diablo II resurrected trailer

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by metagamer, Feb 20, 2021.

1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Looks nothing like D3. Also, it's running D2 code underneath the layer of new graphics. They built a lot of the models for the remaster from scratch.

Oh, you can switch between the original graphics and the new graphics by a press of a single button.
    I still play D2 to this day, have it installed with various mods too. I was hoping this remaster would happen and this is a lot more than I ever expected Blizzard to even attempt. I just hope the fundamentals stay the same, which so far seems to be the case. The game ticking at 25fps but they make it run at 60fps, the hit recovery breakpoints are still there etc.

I'm excited by this and I will play the hell out of this but I'll wait to see more and more info to leak out as I will want to see if they stay true to the original.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Wait is the LOD expansion also resurrected? Seeing being included in the bundle.

3. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    1070GTX
    yeah, of course. it includes both D2 + Lod.

Undying likes this.
  4. skacikpl

skacikpl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 8G
    Looks neat, i never touched D3 due to its art style which i didn't dig at all.
    This one seems like faithful recreation of original but in 3D.
    For 40 bucks one couldn't complain as long as they don't pull some W3 reforged shenaningans i guess.

cerebus23 likes this.

5. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    What shenanigans do you mean?

6. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    One of the best games ever made , let’s hope they will make it even better , I never liked what came after Diablo 2 .

7. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    1070GTX
    well, im done for today.. saw a lot of content.

some key points worth mentioning just to make things more clear -

1. game is being released on or before December 2021, meaning this year, no specific date given.
    2. game is gonna be on global servers ( a good thing in my eyes ), no more Asia\Eu\US worries. game is in the bnet account - so it's probably more secured, gonna see less if any dupes.
    3. player count is unchanged. i made a previous comment earlier and i was wrong, there is a picture on the official website showing 7 players in a party. meaning 8 players in total.
    4. trades\pvp - unchanged. all is gonna be in there, from the deep dive interview with the developers i just finished watching on YouTube.
    5. game will NOT replace* the original D2 ( like in W3 reforged case ). the original D2 will remain intact and separate.
    6. ladders will be apparently shorter. for me, this is a positive point since i only need a month to three anyways to get ladder items\rw's and move on to non-ladder to the real long-term grind\dueling.
    7. partying with friends is gonna be easier obviously, they also mentioned a more accessible way to find games.
    8. shared stash, auto picking up gold ( optional ), comparing items via HotKey are all in. those things are much needed today. ( i believe they will make even more stash space before the final release ).

hope to meet some old-school players in there. and to sum it all up, my best friend always told me in the years we used to grind D2:
    "we go hardcore, or you can play solo, noob".

cheers :)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
  9. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    The Diablo 2 was great game for its time. Diablo 1 was also an awesome game at the time of release. But that was a looong time ago. I enjoyed them both, but I don't want to play them again. And why would I? The game industry has moved on, evolved and changed. These remakes don't bring anything new. They are just lazy and fast cash grabs from oldtimers looking for some sentiment in replaying old games.

I also replay some old games, the proper way. I use emulators and even have old PCs with DOS for proper enjoyment of sentiment. This is not what multi-billion dollar companies like Blizzard should do. They are supposed to push further, evolve the gameplay paradigms and overcome technical borders.

10. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    1070GTX
    @haste i disagree with you on everything related to this remaster, so il make it short and last since it's pointless to continue. each remake\remaster to it's own judgement. for me D2 is a genius game in it's core, far superior to D3, so modern touch is all i really wanted. cash-grab is something for youngsters to learn. D2 gave me over.. i think 10,000 hours in 12-13 years. so for a genius game with newer graphics im willing to pay the ridiculous amount of 40 euros for another good thousands of hours on my terms, in my spared time. a worthy and entertaining investment.

this is exactly what multi-billion dollars companies like Blizzard should do. make new evolved games ( D4, Overwatch 2 ) and don't forget us old-timers who enjoyed some worthy-to-remaster games.

drandiiski and cerebus23 like this.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
  12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    if they put the effort in and ask this kind of price, its fine, its the baldurs gates and planetscapes and dark souls ones among others that are nothing but cash grabs and lazy side grades at best.

this they put some work into like the resident evil releases of late, you can see a CLEAR gap between some efforts vs others.

i not gonna dog them over this and i think the a crap company run buy chineese communist sucking suits chasing a market they will never gain. but this they did ok on.

13. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    @coc If you are willing to spend another "good thousands of hours" with the same (or any) game again, there is clearly something wrong with your life.

@cerebus23 Don't compare this remaster to remakes like Resident Evil 2, which was completely new game built from ground up. I have nothing against proper remakes.

14. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Why not? He probably spent thousands of hours over 20 years on D2, nothing wrong with that. Say it's 5000 hours over 20 years, that's still only less than 5 hours a week.

coc likes this.
  15. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    1070GTX
    spending thousands of hours, over a timeline of years, with your friends, on a PC game that you enjoy - makes a person's life - wrong ? that's the most childish analysis of a grown up iv seen in these forums.

most people go to a work they don't like ( not my case ), work their asses over 9-10 hours a day ( not my case ), and some even give up their hobbies - such as gaming ( most def not my case ).
    so if you analyze people's lives, make sure your comments are based on anything with a valid point, such as knowing that Diablo is a game people play for years ( hence, the thousands of hours ).

@haste - not everyone are crybabies about a remaster, and talking nonsense about technical barriers and games evolution, like it's a matter of life and death. some of us have the luxury both financially, and time-wise to do stuff others can't. that's the general truth in my ( and others ) case, so i am being generous with this explanation.

you use emulators for replaying older games ? DOS ? and you think this is the right way ? how so ? i find it to be stupid, and a waste of time. i guess we can all be shrinks.

Undying likes this.

16. itpro

itpro Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    Now that I've taken a better look, this game is gonna be bad as it looks. It isn't near as dark as the older one. It doesn't keep the darkness, atmosphere and black feeling. It is just darker than Diablo 3. Nothing more nothing less.

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    They used the original game code same assets for this so it should be faithful to the original. You can clearly see its brighter as you said but the atmosphere is there and i kinda felt that D2 vibe. Idk maybe im just hyped, we'll see...

itpro likes this.
  18. itpro

itpro Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    Perhaps I am so stuck with a game I did play for thousands of hours. It might be just an engine limitation. Newer graphics, effects, etc, maybe cannot reproduce a faithful glidefx/dx8 package remastered.

Undying likes this.
  19. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    I threw up in my mouth at how disgusting the new character faces are and how "woke" their designs are in general. Let's be real, they're racist too. They even toned down anything remotely sexual like a bunch of juvenile kids.

Amazon: Went out of their way to make her look like an ugly old man. This one is so jarring I can't get over it. Top post right now is about fixing her face, no surprise - https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/lod96f/need_this_amazon/

Barbarian: It looks like an average fat guy, no muscle, it's pathetic.

Assassin: They changed her from Eastern European to Asian. A really ugly one that looks like a man.

Paladin: They went out of their way to make him look "black" to the point that it looks like a racist caricature.

Sorceress: Only one which looks remotely like the original. This is their token "look we didn't make her turbo-ugly" but in their racism they made her as brown as possible.

The list goes on, you get my point. I'm procreating infuriated that we live in such a stupid world that even Diablo 2 has become woke. The woke rainbow haired retards are NOT the buyers of this game so why do video game companies keep doing this? The first mods available are going to be to fix the character faces, and/or models.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    ZXRaziel and Godzilla like this.
  20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    to pander to communist markets.

Godzilla likes this.