Diablo 3 "Renewed artistic direction for Diablo 3"

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by zigihammer, Jul 1, 2008.

1. zigihammer

zigihammer Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  2. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    I see ze brown filter!

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Strongly agree. pastel cartoonish is not good for Diablo name. More darker is better.

4. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    The darker ones look much better, textures look sharper ect, and it suits the Diablo world. The style that Blizzard are using is too similar to their other games WarCraft III and World of WarCraft, it is also pretty similar to Mythos.

5. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    The before ones are great too,

Sharper graphics = more computing power needed
    Smoothed out texture is a great way of getting cheap quality graphic

But I do understand that since they are going for the gore on this one they might step away from the cartoonish warcraft/starcraft

6. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    I have to admit that I prefer the "before" images. On the other hand I never played Diablo, so I don't know what kind of atmosphere they are trying to accomplish, or if the darker one suits the game better. The "after" images are little bit too dark and depressing, imo.

7. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    The textures aren't actually sharper, the drakness gives the illusion of sharper textures. That's why i said that they look sharper, i just think that if a company already has two cartoony games with expansions why turn one of your darker franchises into a cartoon as well. Surely it's better for your franchises to look different from each other to show variety.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  8. LukeV

LukeV Master Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek HD 4870
    Weird I just can't imagine those after pics being anything but still images, but I agree they look infinitely better in terms of quality.

9. Brian the King

Brian the King Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 Ti OC
    As they should be, imo. The whole premise of Diablo is the spawn of Hell invading the human world. There's nothing not dark and depressing about that.

Whoever said it looks too much like WC is totally right. I want dark and grit and evil and blood.

Personally I think the original Diablo looked best. I would love to see that game rendered in today's graphics.

10. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I have never played diablo but have heard good things about it, will possibly buy this and see, i agree the darker images siut the game better though.

11. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    I guess though that we have all forgotten that all the original Diablo and Diablo II developers have left Blizzard. Diablo infact was not developed by Blizzard, it was made by another compnay that Blizzard bought and renamed Blizzard North and that company disbanded years ago. The original Diablo and Diablo II developers are now at Arena.Net or Flagship Studios, so the guys that are working on Diablo III must have worked on World of WarCraft judging by the artistic style.

12. JustDuck

JustDuck Banned

GPU:
    Asus Geforce 8800GTS 320
    Diablo 3 doesnt look has too much rainbow **** anyway... I think its allright

13. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    Ok first lets notice that Diablo3 is still in the "graphics engine is new" phase and while I think it looks a hell of a lot like WOW(I hate WOW) I am hopeful they change it to a more darker setting. While I am ok with some outdoor bright enviorments, a dungeon should look like a dungeon. I do think that Blizzard can pull this off in the end.

14. Undercova

Undercova Guest

GPU:
    660GTX Windforce
    Darker imo, looks alot more Diablo than originals.

15. BBN

BBN Master Guru

GPU:
    Vapor-X 7950 3 Way Xfire
    I agree that we need more " Spartaaa" here than " Tom and Jerry " . Good call zigihammer !

16. PHJF

PHJF Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    Yeah because a game full of near-blacks looks *awesome* on today's LCD monitors.

17. Brian the King

Brian the King Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 Ti OC
    Hell makes no compromise

18. Undercova

Undercova Guest

GPU:
    660GTX Windforce
    Darker colors are needed just for pure atmosphere, apocalypse isn't colorful and neither is Diablo, if you dont count blood. Can't imagine i'm in hell if it looks like cartoon. Even tho this isn't in the same cartoon level as WoW, it still needs to be bit darker.

19. zigihammer

zigihammer Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060
    Hell isn't f **** pastel place.
    I want feel playing this game as Alien vs. Predator 12 pm with headphones as marine ^^

20. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    to me it just looks like the gamma has been changed, i much prefer the darker ones