Diablo 2 Resurrected PC requirements

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Blizzard has officially announced the PC system requirements for Diablo 2 Resurrected Moreover, Blizzard verified that the remaster will support mods. According to the specs, PC gamers will at least n...

Diablo 2 Resurrected PC requirements

2. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    I got teary eyed when i saw the trailer,wasn't expecting this magnitude of an overhaul.

3. Error8

Error8 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2080 Supe
    Started playing Diablo 2 in 2001 or something on a Cyrix 133mhz with 8 gb of ram. I've played it until the frame rate dropped so much that it almost crawl to a halt and I had to give it up.
    I'll buy it day one, I just have to go back to those years.

4. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    After W3 Reforged, I will keep my expectations low.

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    After seeing the Amazon's face, I have no expectations and I still wouldn't be surprised if it managed to somehow disappoint.

__hollywood|meo likes this.
  6. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    I like the idea but... what the heck with the specs?! How is it necessary to have anything higher than an iGPU for that level of graphics complexity? Is it running on Crysis' first engine?

7. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    Original requirements are P233, 16MB, V2 or 8MB 3D card. new requirements are joke

8. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    You guys do realized that system requirements for games are never accurate , so there's no need to worried. Besides that, i didn't try out Diablo 2 until 2016 believe it or not, the game is so ugly and the characters are so tiny , the game is hard to see, i never enjoyed the game. Glad to see they updated the visuals , and able to see the game now, so its playable.

9. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Why?

10. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Hd7850 minimum? Thara interesting for 2D graphics. That card can run much more.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I was hoping to play on my laptop with 670m 3gb so i can go to my friends. Im sure it will be alright, like posted above system req. now days are crap.

12. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    If Diablo 3 is anything to go by, it'll be using a criminally inefficient engine. But also it'll have more detail than you think, you'll be able to zoom in and see quite a few things from what I've heard. We'll see.

Though I have no doubt you'll be able to crank the details down to nothing and run it on a potato. I wouldn't worry about that. The game still has Diablo 2's engine running in the background, and all the timings will be based on original D2's 24 fps / 24 timing intervals for interactions so it'll probably even feel fine running the game at 30 fps. As fine as running based on a janky-ass broken-to-the-moon screwed-up-on-release engine can feel anyway.

I was really hoping for a full blown remake rather than a remaster that drags in nearly all the problems of the original, oh well. I'm never a fan of near 1:1 remakes.

13. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It's not 2D graphics. It's 3D on a 2D plane.

14. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Funny thing is that D2:Resurrected is more interesting than D4.

15. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I agree. Last spring during lockdown I actually played D2 again with a bunch of friends for about a month. I was surprised to see that the battlenet for it was still online.

Undying and Fox2232 like this.

16. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    After Cyberpunk 2077 I can never get excited for a game again. Thanks CDPR, great job!

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    There is big market for older games and their remakes. And that's sad. Because it is consequence of newer games not really moving genres much forward. Or often even going backwards.

When C&C Remastered been announced, I was ready to pull trigger second there is confirmation that there is cross Multiplayer between those two games included. As I mainly play MP games.
    (Sadly, there is not. Even while mods allowed original games to do it.)

I hope that when Petroglyph releases RA2 and TS Remastered, they'll add cross MP.

Truder, fantaskarsef and AlmondMan like this.
  18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    That is funny. When i saw D2 the new rogue cha in D4 was just meh. I just want this remake! :)

19. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    Well, do we know they won't just be making a Warcraft 3 remaster redo? As in, promise way more than they ever delivered.

Also it's probably running on the Diablo 3 engine, at least it looked like it.

But, we already played this game when it was new, and some people still play it today. Do we really want to spend money on a game where they'll likely have somthing in the TOS that tell us that they own everything and can just take down the servers whenever.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    SamuelL421 likes this.
  20. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 / RTX 5000
    A word of caution, do not get too excited about this game. I see Blizzard talking about D2 remaster and just shudder now. That company has made it clear they don't care about their classic titles, quality control, or their customers. Blizzard butchered one of my all-time favorites with Warcraft 3 Reforged. Overpromised, undelivered, and quality control issues everywhere. The kicker is that they didn't care about fixing these problems even after the backlash. Blizzard support / patch notes kept saying throughout the past year that the major fixes were incoming *soon* and they never did come. Looking back, I think all this messaging was only a play to push down the number of refunds. Fast-forward to 2021, Blizzard has given up on the title and gone complete radio silence, leaving unfinished features and broken UI.

The company that was known to cancel half-finished games in the name of quality is long gone. Blizzard today has no problems with running its established IP through the mud in exchange for 39.99 and all your nostalgia. Seriously - don't preorder, wait for reviews, and probably just avoid this if you don't want to be disappointed.

HitokiriX and AlmondMan like this.