DHzer0point 6.2 is out!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by fobis, Mar 1, 2006.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I just installed them too, will I notice most of the improvment in games? I thought they come with alot of tweaks and such..

2. soul8103

soul8103 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600M GT
    Drivers like these can be awesome for some and avg for others. The best way to go about modified drivers is to use em yourself, and then see if u personally notice the impovement for your card. Some say omegas are awesome, others say warcats (like me ;)) but to be honest these drivers are great for me, and ive decided to stick with em. The iq is actually noticeably better in farcry n fear then the standard catalyst drivers for me and this is with no slowdown in performance. Drivers like this can improve iq, fps or stabilty.Its up to u to desiside if they cut the muscle

3. dwax

dwax Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 7950 & VF90
    I installed them,and had a los in FPS.Never could install the Omegas.the Ati cats 6.2 were faster for me.Tho I did like the control pannel on these! :)

4. ASmokerz

ASmokerz Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 9800 PRO @ 405/715
    It kinda odvious i did , i always lost FPS with DH ... maybe you people should consider scraping the Better IQ for balance drivers ... YOU make it sound as if ATI wanted to rip us off. Remember AF and AA stand for something in IQ.The driver mod didnt take care of older card users that require FPS boost rather then IQ. For the new card owners they pump up on AA and AF anyway and i wouldnt be 10cm away from my monitor to see the small and minimal difference , yes i admit that i lost 5 - 3 or so fps and the graphics look sharpen up but i would also like to add if i turn AF to 4X or 8X i would way better IQ and very slightly more FPS cost. I am not a fan boy of any driver modders but omegas and ngo gives me the boost that i need and with that boost i can chose wheather i would like IQ or Pref as my personal choice and this would also make 9XXX series users very happy as well. I do support DH for their developement efforts but i hope that my feedback is heard. We all do respect the fact that it doesnt work for you dun use the damn driver.

DNA drivers are constantly unstable and buggy(Artifacts in game maybe due to my OC) but they kick loads in performance and average IQ.

NGO and OMEGAs are rock stable have good IQ as well as Perf.

Warcats are crap their "lighting optimizations" and CCC screws up IQ for very minor FPS trade (Highly recommand you stay away from these)

Heh i know i probably upset the driver modder by talking about rival drivers over here but this is my opinion and i believe there are many others like me other out there.

5. fobis

fobis Member Guru

GPU:
    ATi Mobility Radeon X1600
    Well, I don't really see any reason for the DHzp team to be pissed off or even angry. What matters is that you've given us some input, and that's what we need; that's what all driver tweakers need in order to try to improve upon their work.
    It seems that the X series cards get the most out of these drivers so far, although we can't say that definitively considering there's only been one non X series card user that's responded so far. Are there any other 9800 series (or below) users that would care to give this set a shot and tell us how it goes?

6. manson

manson Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GT SC
    can i unlock the pipes on my 9500 like i do with omegas

7. fobis

fobis Member Guru

GPU:
    No, these do not come with a built-in soft-mod option. But, you can do the soft mod manually. And actually, you could probably flash your card's BIOS so you don't have to do the soft-mod anymore.

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    OK I loaded up the CCC and everything looks the same..is this right? I will install some games so I can check them out...Am I seeing everything? or are ther hidden control panels and such? thx for the info..

9. fobis

fobis Member Guru

GPU:
    The CCC should look the same as from the normal set. It's little things tweaked here and there in the driver settings that make the difference in what you see.

10. AzuIe

AzuIe Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 6800 Stock 500+core1gig+mb:D
    sp u sayin that my 9800 PRO is ganna play better than Ati catalysk and omega and ngo? hell ill try em. with all these post its like 1/3 of the people seem to like it

11. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ Member Guru

GPU:
    X1800XT Crossfire Edition
    We've given our best efforts to improving IQ with as minimal a performance loss as possible. We've also packaged the drivers seperately with the CP and the CCC, for each users preference. WE shoot for the highest quality game play experience possible by changing usually hidden registry entries as an end user you don't see. This works really well for some and not so well for other I appreciate the feedback good or bad and use it when preparing the drivers, I can't fix it if I don't know it's broken.

12. manson

manson Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GT SC
    i tryed to flas my card in dos with atiflash but every time when i tipe atiflash -p 0 9700np.bin a get a list of comands then i tryed in windows with winflash and in aty tool i see that bios is no longer 9500 now is 9700 but pipes are still locked

13. AzuIe

AzuIe Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 6800 Stock 500+core1gig+mb:D
    ah so ur sayin Poopy that when u guys like modify the drivers u try to increase the IQ as far as possible without lossin performance. so that means the speed should be about the same as it is on catalysk. to me it seems faster i think u guys acidently increase both IQ and perf. well things happen :p good job on the drivers

14. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Poopythej, Whats is the best 3d settings to get the best image quality...SHould I just put all the sliders to quality or just leave them on balanced..IF I just leave them all on default will the drivers produce good IQ..sound like I am asking a basic question but I don't have alot of experience with modded GFX drivers.

15. fobis

fobis Member Guru

GPU:
    Try finding an "empty" BIOS to flash your card with first and then flash it with the 9700 BIOS.
    If you can't find that "empty" BIOS, then try reflashing again with the 9700 BIOS and that should work. Actually, I've seen several cases where people had to flash their card twice to get the pipes to unlock.
    If that fails, flash back to the 9500 BIOS and then flash again to the 9700 BIOS.

The drivers were tweaked for higher IQ and it is automatically that way on the "Balanced" level. If you move the slider more towards the "Quality" side, then you will see improved IQ, but there will be more of a performance loss.
    My recommendation would be to leave it at Balanced, but playing around with it to find what you like best would also be a good option.

16. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    thx for the info

17. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Ok, im bored with the 5.9's. i guesse ill give these a go. Are the CP ones working yet? I cant stand CCC.

18. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ Member Guru

GPU:
    X1800XT Crossfire Edition
    Kon$ole the CP package has been fixed. Give em a whirl and let us know. We'll also look into a softmod option for those of you who want to softmod your cards for the next release.

19. Robbie Man

Robbie Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950GT 512mb
    i guess ill download the new drivers 6.3
    see if it does anything to my 9800pro/XT

20. nextwish

nextwish Active Member

GPU:
    BBA ATI X800XT PE@540/580
    thanks, DHzer0points drivers are always good!