DHzer0point 0.8182 Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by pr0digal jenius, Oct 4, 2005.

1. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6800GT 387/1.07
    The DHzer0point 0.81.82 Drivers have been released, we've changed the installer around and added some goodies for your computing pleasure....

Whats New -
    New Nvidia Control Panel Shortcut, seems Nvidia has given us a new Control Panel to use, based on .Net and similiar to the ATI CCC, we've decided you should be able to play with it too
    After installing the drivers choose no to reboot now to install the new Control Panel Shortcut then reboot manually
    Changed Mipmaps to Trilinear for increased IQ
    Negative LOD Bias allowed so games can set LOD lower if they wish
    Shadow bug fixed
    PCI Latency Tool removed as it was redundant with this release
    Fixed uninstall issues, when uninstalling the drivers there were pieces of the driver being left behind this has been resolved, we do recommend you use drivercleaner pro when uninstalling any driver.

Known Issues
    Some users have reported problems with ground textures in Dungeons and Dragons
    Some users with 7800GTX's have reported severe lag, we have been unable to track this down but are working on it, if you have this problem please post in the nvidia drivers forum your video card, motherboard, version of windows home/pro, Ram and if your video card is PCI/e or AGP, we will have a dedicated thread for this, also let us know if the patch fixes or makes it worse

Future Items
    More Great Drivers

Download Here

And as always, I'm sure Hilbert will mirror them :)

2. Gimble

Gimble Active Member

GPU:
    Visiontek 4850
    Lots of us 6600 card owners have been having problems installing this driver and getting it to work with any source game....any fix for that??

3. pr0digal jenius

GPU:
    XFX 6800GT 387/1.07
    that i don't know....I know one or 2 of our beta testers got it isntalled ok on 6600GT's, but as for Source games, I'll look into it

4. Gimble

Gimble Active Member

GPU:
    Visiontek 4850
    kk...becuase i really wanna try these drivers out, I installed the originals and when I loaded up source it restarted my comp...so I dont wanna install any version of this driver untill I know the problem is fixed.

5. zenkmander

zenkmander Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon 7950
    I'd like to report a possible major flaw with this set; I'm not exactly sure if it's the driver itself or the optimization, but a couple of maps in Counter-Strike Source - de_dust2, for example - are extremely choppy and laggy. I was experiencing severe sound distortion and insanely long pauses and skips. I just finished reinstalling the ** (banned drivers here) 81.82s and the problem seems to have vanished. My system specifications are at the right, by the way.

6. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    81.82 has problems with source games sometimes its a known issue and was fixed in 81.84 so its not the zer0point tweaks... just to let you guys know.

7. pr0digal jenius

GPU:
    XFX 6800GT 387/1.07
    indeed...I'll look itno ti anyways, and see if we can perhaps fix it...but it only seems to happen on 6600 series cards :-/

8. ShalaShaska

ShalaShaska Member

GPU:
    MSI 6600GT (VTD-128 AGP)[500/1000]
    Yeah, so far any 81.82 drivers are causing nv4_disp.dll Blue screens every time I try to run DoDs...

I was bummed out to find the error after I read so many people were getting great performance with them...

9. Gimble

Gimble Active Member

GPU:
    Visiontek 4850
    shas try the 81.84's problem is fixed...pretty sweet driver so far

10. ShalaShaska

ShalaShaska Member

GPU:
    MSI 6600GT (VTD-128 AGP)[500/1000]
    Rgr that, Im downloading them right now, Ill give em a try to see what happens :)

EDIT: So far the 81.84's seem to work just fine, Giving me slightly better performance then the 78.03's I was using before... No blue screens, or any graphical errors...

They seem to like Day Of Defeat source when in Direct X 8.1 mode, 70 fps constant on 1024x768 (High everything)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2005

11. thewall

thewall Member Guru

GPU:
    Msi Lightning GTX 580 x 2
    I had problem with prevous beta's 81.xx that if i enabled gamma correct AA games fps would drop. I mean really drop, like chugging drop. Anybody else seen this? Anybody try it with these drivers?

12. hey_moe

hey_moe Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 295 GTX / 1792MB
    I could never get the old drivers to work with Flight Simulator 2004....does anyone know if this was fixed.....Mike

13. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    what can i say ? ..... massive shadow bugs when i run 3Dmark03 frps drops right off as well, my VCard is 6600gt. Any fixes ?. I do like the new nvidia control panel

14. pr0digal jenius

GPU:
    XFX 6800GT 387/1.07
    shadow bugs in what?

and no, we haven't gotten to FS2004 yet sorry :(

15. Le-T800

Le-T800 Member

GPU:
    6800GT
    Before 81.xx series i got zeropoint 78.03 : nice perfs + nice IQ but these 81.82 messed up my system. Vsync is forced off somewhere in the registry so enabling it on defaut settings doesn't help me get back vsync for apps i want to. Have to reenable app by app.
    About shadow bug, I don't know the one author is talking about but Fable still hangs system when shadows are activated. Open GL triple buffering seems also kind of broken: I got fps drops about 50% sometimes when i usually experience 1 or 2 fps drops.

I don't give a damn, just report my own issues :p

Anyway, shortcut to new cp is a good idea , too bad it doesn't work for me (blank page instead of options). It never work since it has been added to fw, tough. By the way, I have .NET 1.1 maybe they need beta 2 ?

16. pr0digal jenius

GPU:
    XFX 6800GT 387/1.07
    so vsync isn't working and fable hangs with hadows?

and explain mroe about the triple buffering issue

17. Le-T800

Le-T800 Member

GPU:
    6800GT
    About fable shadows bug it happens with every 81.8x versions (tweaked as yours or not) that I tried. More precisely it hangs up windows as soon as first ingame frame is drawn with sound looping and no escape but reboot pc.

About vsync it's like there was a super-global setting. I mean after fresh install of your driver vsync is off even if I set it on with global settings profile. I have to set it on into each game profile I want it to be used ('override' option in nhancer).

About triple buffer I'm not 100% sure of this but rythm and variations of fps drops remind those before nvidia introduced the option in their drivers. More precisely I play ennemy territory with constant 75 fps and 1 to 10 fps drops sometimes. Before triple buffering it was about 1 to 20.With zp81.82 it went several time to 37.5.

My ennemy territory game and drivers settings are same from ages and i use same replays from game to bench. Hope this'll help.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2005
  18. |_|nderline

|_|nderline Member

GPU:
    eVga 7800GT
    This is my first time using Nvidia. I went from stock drivers from the CD to the 8182's. I noticed 3d05 lost a few hundred points. Tried 8184 and gained about 7-800 from the 82's.
    Thanks for the tip on trying the 8184's, not one complaint.

19. MAHER

MAHER Member

GPU:
    Gainward GeForce 7900GS 256MB
    i use the DHzer0point_0.81.82 drivers and i am happy with them,there is a noticable preformance increase in battlefield 2,and i have noticed no bugs

20. pr0digal jenius

GPU:
    XFX 6800GT 387/1.07
    FYI, the 7800GTX/BF2 lag bug we've tracked down and are finding the sweet spot, which could yield quite a nice boost, seeing what setting it is ;)

so the next release(not far off now) should run it like buttuh!