DHzer0point 0.7803 Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by PoopyTheJ, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Scooperman

Scooperman Master Guru

GPU:
    2xBFG 7900GTX OC 512 @670/1640
    Checked and replied (twice - again after I got home) - please check yours.

2. thewall

thewall Member Guru

GPU:
    Msi Lightning GTX 580 x 2
    No issues here with the drivers using a Gainward 7800gtx.
    Running BF2 in 1600x1200, 4xAA, Gamma AA, Transparency AA. everything on high ingame except textures.
    Drivers set to default except those settings mentioned above. No lagging like crazy although I do get it when textures are set to high. Apparently you need 2048mb memory for that one.
    Shimmering is also much improved, at least in WoW and BF2 which is what I play right now.

3. Davy1shoe

Davy1shoe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGATitanXsuper clockedX2
    Whats your af set at?
    Could you give full run down of in game settings i.e. the game menu and also the nvidia control panel.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2005
  4. thewall

thewall Member Guru

GPU:
    Everything ingame set to high except textures at medium. 1600x1200
    Ingame AA set to 4x.

Nvidia control panel. AF- Application controlled. (BF has setting for this)
    AA- Application controlled. (BF has setting for this)

Only thing changed in nvidiacontrol panel is gamma AA which is set to ON and transparency AA which is set so supersampling.
    High quality.

Will check all settings for you a little bit later, I am at work right now.

5. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ Member Guru

GPU:
    X1800XT Crossfire Edition
    thanks, the wall, so it's not necassaril a driver issue as much as it is super high quality textures requireing massive amounts of RAM?

6. studabakahawk

studabakahawk Master Guru

GPU:
    2-SOC GTX 460 768 MB SLI
    i noticed that when i go into riva tuner, it shows the version number to be 78.03, but several files are now showing n\a where with the last driver i had(78.10) it was showing a 105.?? or other . are these files left out or do i have to re install?(which i did already and got same result)
    i ran a few games like Operation flashpoint, and bf2 and all seems ok are these files delibertly left out or am i in need of a deep cleaning, or what?
    any advice mr guru man??? by the way i find your drivers the most stable and glitch free and will always install them asap thanks for your effort

7. Davy1shoe

Davy1shoe Master Guru

GPU:
    Ive tried these settings when in a plane the map sort rolls out in front of you not the way it should be just there

8. janos666

janos666 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2060 6Gb
    I can't stand your CS:S/HL2 tweaks because I can not undersatand the mat_dxlevel 91 command ind the autoexec.cfg. This cvar don't do ANYTHING good but reset the advanced settings to valve's recommmanded levels (There isn't dxlevel 91, the HL2 engine are not supporting the SM3.0 or SM2.0b yet. This will be implemented by the LostCoast techdemo and engine patch). So, if I don't delete this line in the autoexec I have to reconfigure my advanced settings all time when I restart the CS:S. But there isn't any good effect with this cvar.
    And this mat_parallaxmap 1 is a confusing cvar too. I can't see any effect only FPS drop. As I know this feature is supported by the source engine, but the CS:S/HL2 don't use this. And I think that the egine need some file to render this parallaxmap effect. But there isn't parallaxmap for CS:S so there isn't files in the GCFs...
    And I sould tell something abuot the cl_smmothtim 2. It is horryble, I think I can't do more quick headshot if I would play with this setting. The cl_smooth shuld be disabled, so as I know that increase the smoothtime is a stupid tweak...
    It is true, that the game run VERY well and smooth. I keep this driver and the autoexec.cfg. Of course I removed the mat_dxlevel 91, and the cl_smoothtime 2 cvars. (the VST give me the same result and the game run as smooth as with the default autoexec tweaks.) I am thinking about the parallaxmap, but I can play with 5-6 FPS drop, may be it is working and only I couldn't see the IQ inrease at first time when I enabled it in the past. (after your autoexec)

9. thewall

thewall Member Guru

GPU:
    The "rolling" thing with hills is something I dont think you can get rid of. Have heard people talk about it and I believe it's the way the graphics engine works.
    One thing you could try if you still have problems is clear out your BF2 cache. This makes the game optimize graphics again when loading a map.
    Cache folder is in mydocuments/bf2/cache I think.
    This has worked for me when changing drivers or changing settings in the past.
    Give it a try.

Textures at high is something you really need lot's of memory for.

10. Scooperman

Scooperman Master Guru

GPU:
    I have 4GB - so RAM's not an issue with my problem.
    I installed 78.01 after not hearing back last night and the game is smooth as silk with all settings jacked.

I'm off today and tomorrow so I'll do some testing and report back.
    PoopyTheJ, I got your message, all set. I'll let you know via PM...

11. thewall

thewall Member Guru

GPU:
    Strange Scooperman, did you try and clean out BF2 cache?

12. Davy1shoe

Davy1shoe Master Guru

GPU:
    the 78.01 are they modded or just forcware?

13. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ Member Guru

GPU:
    janos666
    Thanks for your feedback on that the clsmoothtm is more for higher latency players, we'll get some more investigation on that and the 91 is for future proofing we kinda expected the lost coast to be out by now we'll change that in the future, unless we actually see TLC before 2010....

14. Davy1shoe

Davy1shoe Master Guru

GPU:
    Ive used the drivers you using and used these settings some stuff doesnt need to be set above low
    Effects
    Effects controls the amount of detail used to create special effects in the game. These effects include clouds of smoke, shrapnel from pistol fire, and the decals that form on certain animate and inanimate objects as a result of explosions and gunfire (such as bullet holes). This is not as important for true realism, but nitpickers may notice a slight difference when setting this too low
    As sometimes you can lose tanks in smoke when attacking them

Dynamic Lights
    Dynamic Lights affects the way lighting is handled for making explosions, muzzle flashes, and fire look more realistic. The difference from setting it to low and to high is so unnoticeable that is does not warrant setting very high if your system can’t handle it

Terrain
    This option sets the level of detail used for terrain. For example, the higher this is set, the crisper blades of grass will look, while rocks and other objects on the ground will be drawn with more distinctness. This is a major setting in the game, improving the overall gameplay experience a lot.

Geometry
    This setting definitely should do more in game than it does. Increasing the geometry only provides us with a bit of difference when going from the low to high setting, and even then the visual impact is minor. Geometry should make things like trees and buildings look more true to their natural form, and it should make these objects look sharper with more fine detail

Texture
    This setting adjusts the size of the textures used within Battlefield 2. By changing texture quality to “High”, larger, higher quality textures will be used. This setting depends heavily on the amount and speed of the onboard memory your graphics cards possesses. The more video memory onboard, the more your card can store locally, thus improving fluidity of your gaming. The flip side to this is the bandwidth of your VRAM. Faster memory leads to better performance.

Cards with 256MB of high-speed (450MHz+) memory are definitely the big winners in this category.

Lighting
    From Low to Medium to High, this setting virtually explains itself. This option sets lighting used on immovable objects like buildings and other inanimate things.
    If your card can handle it put to max looks so pretty.

Dynamic Shadows
    On the opposite side, dynamic shadows sets the level of detail used for drawing shadows for moving objects like people, trees, foliage, and vehicles. Since most of the shadows you will actually pay attention to are people’s shadows, we feel there is a definite need to use a high setting here. However, the performance impact is dramatic as you go higher with this setting. That makes sense, as real time shadow calculations are going to tax your graphics card.
    High again if your card can handle it.

Texture Filtering
    Battlefield 2’s texture filtering setting controls the type of texture filtering used. When this setting is set to “Low”, trilinear filtering is used. The “Medium” and “High” settings both use anisotropic filtering, with medium using 2xAF, and High, 4xAF.

15. Scooperman

Scooperman Master Guru

GPU:
    No, I hadn't heard about that. It's worth a try but that's obviously not a problem if the 77.77 and 78.01 Forceware sets run everything maxxed out without issue.

The 78.01 is the stock Forceware set.

Davy1shoe:
    Good info, but are you saying some settings need to be on low? I'm not going there. No one is going there with the kind of hardware we have on these high-end systems. My 6800GT OC would run all settings on high at 1600x1200 with borderline playable framerates. 1280 all high was fine, 1600 with dynamic shadows medium and 2xAA totally playable.

I'll be happy to play/beta test drivers but lowering settings for a modded set is unacceptable when 'stock' nVidia releases don't require it.
    I think the name "modded drivers" is self explanatory in that respect.

16. Davy1shoe

Davy1shoe Master Guru

GPU:
    Just saying they dont need to be on high as theres on boost, btw buy another card so you can test drivers for the SLI set up i have :D

Turning down effects i think is a good move as ive lost tanks in the smoke with my settings on utrahigh

17. jamesbhevans

jamesbhevans Member

GPU:
    BFG 7900 GT - Dell 2005fpw LCD
    Bad Driver :)

When I installed the .7803 driver set and run 3d mark 05 I got - IDirect3D Device9:: Present Failed:Device Lost (D3DERR_DeviceLost) -. in the middle of the bench mark I did not have time to run anything eles save for running late for work as it was. Any ideas on this one.

18. Hooked

Hooked Member Guru

GPU:
    Dual eVGA 8800 GTS 640mb / SLI
    Need x64 version :)

19. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ Member Guru

GPU:
    Re: Bad Driver :)

You did use Drivercleaner in safe mode and comlpetely uninstalled your old drivers right?

20. NecroDemonNZXT

NecroDemonNZXT Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD4850
    Re: Bad Driver :)

i had this some times and it all occured at the same time :
    i had just restarted my system with the new drivers and i got the message ......however another restart would fix this!