DHzer0point 0.7803 Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by PoopyTheJ, Sep 4, 2005.

1. gtg465x

gtg465x Member

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 6800 GT (Stock Speed)
    With CS: Source and an overclocked 6800GT at 1280x960, 2XAA, 8XAF....

78.03 Beta at HQ with Negative LOD bias Clamped - 110 fps
    78.03 DHzer0point default - 108 fps
    78.03 DHzer0point with Negative LOD bias Clamped - 110 fps
    78.03 DHzer0point with autoexec.cfg applied and w/ LOD bias Clamped - 102 fps

The image quality does seem good, but I honestly don't notice a difference between this and the normal driver while playing.

Make your own conclusions...

2. Scooperman

Scooperman Master Guru

GPU:
    2xBFG 7900GTX OC 512 @670/1640
    I had the same issue last night.
    It was late so I didn't have time to try to sort through the issue or to post here. I'll get off work at 11pm est and will then have time to take a closer look.

What happened was this: I was playing BF2 and finally saw for myself the 'sandbag bug' with the 77.77 so I jumped out and installed an NGO set that worked great for some time on my 'old' 6800GT. Then I jumped on Guru and read about these new drivers... so I decided to check em out. I installed, using DC Pro in safe mode as always, and jumped in a single player game of BF2 on Strike at Karkland. As soon as I got near the nme and stuff was moving around... the lag started in a vicious fashion. Even the sound was lagging in conjunction with the video.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver pack and had the same issue.
    To make sure I wasn't fubarred I turned off AA and AF, set the slider to High Performance, and ran 3Dmark05 and scored over 8,000 just like it should.
    Afterward I forgot (like usual) to turn AA&AF back on so going back into the game it played smooth. I went back out and re-enable AA&AF and changed the settings back to High Quality... and lagged like a big dog yet again.

FYI my settings in BF2 are maxxed out. It ran smooth as silk set that way with the 77.77 set.
    Specs are on the right -------------------------------------------->

What to do?

3. Davy1shoe

Davy1shoe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGATitanXsuper clockedX2
    Dont use them sound like they are no use for us as the maker cant try them as he hasnt same card

Best drivers ive found are ngo 17776

pressed the wrong button so sorry

Last edited: Sep 6, 2005
  4. Scooperman

Scooperman Master Guru

GPU:
    That's certainly a thought if the beta testers aren't sporting the hardware to properly test on the GTXs.
    The 17776 set is the one I was using for quite some time with my 6800GT, but I went all stock (driver, clock speeds, etc - for now at least) when I rebuilt recently.

Unless PoopytheJ and company can tell me something I guess I'll go back to 77.77 and live with the sandbag bug (which last night was actually a rock wall - very psychedelic)

5. fobis

fobis Member Guru

GPU:
    ATi Mobility Radeon X1600
    the DHzer0point beta testing team has one member with a 7800GTX. he has reported no problems in BF2 with this set. so i don't know what to say... but have you tried the normal 78.03 set? see if those do the same thing for you.

6. avbuff

avbuff New Member

GPU:
    leadtech 8800gts 640 x2

hi all,
    these look beautiful but....they wont allow me to overclock and sli anti aliasing as disappeared alyogether.
    600 point increase in 3d 05 @ 1600x1200 4aa 16af over 77.76
    cheers avbuff......

7. Scooperman

Scooperman Master Guru

GPU:
    I'll DL the 78.03 tonight when I get home and give em a run.
    I wouldn't mind hearing from some other 7800GTX owners about this set - outta curiousity if for no other reason.

EDIT: Looks like avbuff above has a couple GTXs on one of his systems...

Last edited: Sep 5, 2005
  8. fobis

fobis Member Guru

GPU:
    avbuff, unfortunately, we have but one SLI beta tester who is MIA at this point... we may get working more on SLI at some point. PoopyTheJ could probably shed some more light on this than i can. sorry.

Scooperman, did you enable AA in the NV CP and BF2?

9. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    great drivers,the best i,ve had for my gtx so far,have been playing bf2 and its been performing and looking awesome,these are keepers:) ,thanks man

10. Scooperman

Scooperman Master Guru

GPU:
    I left the settings at default (Application Controlled) in the Control Panel - had settings in BF2 pegged (4xAA. etc).
    The only thing I did was enable Multi-Sampling for TSAA - which is exactly how I had it running w/77.77 beautifully.
    I disabled TSAA and backed BF2 AA to 2x - no noticable change for the better.

As I said, it was late and I had to work tonight.
    I'll play around when I get home with any ideas you guys have for me.

11. fobis

fobis Member Guru

GPU:
    well, our beta tester (with 7800GTX) reported that at 1280x960 2xAA/4xAF and had no problems. he also said that he ran it at 1600x1200 with no AA/AF and it lagged like mad just like you reported. what resolution are you running at? we'll have our beta tester try the multi-sampling, too

12. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ Member Guru

GPU:
    X1800XT Crossfire Edition
    We do have a 7800 Beta tester I asked him specifically to check the issues you reported, at this point my team is not able to recreate the problem. I'm going to assume you have the latest motherboard drivers and as you said before you ran DC Pro in safe mode. Just to make sure and eliminate all possibilities, you uninstalled the drivers in the cp, rebooted in safe mode, ran DC PRO, rebooted installed and reboote4d a final time. Now all that being equal, I will say try two things, first enable AA/AF in control panel but not in game, enable AA/AF in game default in CP, and then try both. I'm very interested in this issue as we want to put out the best quality modified drivers we can for all the cards. avbuff, we are still researching SLI, as our SLI tester is as fobis pointed out MIA. I'll look into that as well.

Scooperman are you interested in beta testing a set?

13. Davy1shoe

Davy1shoe Master Guru

GPU:

I run at 1600x1200 thats maybe what it is and im not going down to a lower rez as why should i when the nvo drivers can handle it

14. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ Member Guru

GPU:
    not familiar with the nvo drivers.... ngo?

15. fobis

fobis Member Guru

GPU:
    are you running bf2 in SLI mode?

16. Davy1shoe

Davy1shoe Master Guru

GPU:
  17. Scooperman

Scooperman Master Guru

GPU:
    I had forgotten (like usual) to turn AA&AF back on in the CP after running a bench and it seemed to run fine. I turned them back to APP Control and the lag was horrible again.
    Settings were at 1600x1200, APP Control for AA&AF, Multi-Sampling TSAA, High Performance - BF2 settings were everything High and 4xAA. (77.77 ran at same settings smooth as silk)

I have the latest MoBo drivers - stock 6.66

PoopyTheJ, I'll be happy to test some drivers for ya. that's kinda what I was doing last night anyway, right? hehe

Yeah, I uninstalled in Add/Remove, rebooted in safe mode and ran DC Pro, rebooted again into normal mode and installed the drivers. I did the same thing again after I saw the vicious lag... thinking I had screwed something up. Same results.
    That's when I benched w/05 to make sure I was ok. over 8,000 says I was fine as far as that goes.

I'll get home about 11:20pm est and try out what you're suggesting with AA&AF in CP but not in game, then AA&AF in game but not in CP. I'll give 1280x960 res a shot (for testing purposes but not for long term - gotta play ya know)
    Can you set AF in BF2 Options? I don't recall seeing that option.

I was wondering last night if the drivers default some AA and AF settings when CP says Application Controlled. I was thinking that, if so, my ingame settings were perhaps adding to (or multiplying) those possible default settings...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2005
  18. Le-T800

Le-T800 Member

GPU:
    6800GT
    Just want to say thanks to DHzeroPoint team for these driver. Almost only tried with Ennemy-Territory (openGL): nice and clear IQ, no frame jump, no shimmering and rendering is soooo smooth. Good job !

19. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ Member Guru

GPU:
    Scooperman, check your PM's, and thanks for the feedback everyone good and bad, it all helps us make the drivers better!

20. rajs

rajs New Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7800 GTX OC Version
    PTJ -- I have the same massive lag issues with BF2 using a 7800GTX (eVGA) @ 1920x1200 with the drivers set to app control for AA & Antitrophy. Previous had no issue with other drivers ... at the same settings.

Starts up ... get into a game and everything is lagging including sound ...

I am using 6.66 mobo drivers and all also.

Installed by de-installing the nVidia drivers. Used DC clean and installed cleanly on my system using your drivers downloaded from here.

In process of downloading the unmodified nVidia 78.04 drivers.

NOTE: i was running 77.77 before and have run 78.01 and 77.72 previously with no issues ... first time I've ever seen lagging like this ... on this machine.