DFI LP UT P35 T2R + Corsair Dominator 4x2GB 1066Mhz compability problems or something

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by GT40Nutcase, Jan 2, 2012.

1. GT40Nutcase

GT40Nutcase Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward HD 4870 1GB
    Hello,

I have DFI LP UT P35 T2R and I have recently bought 4x2Gb set of Corsair Dominators 1066Mhz and reinstalled win7.

My problem is that my MB can only run 2 of those sticks at once so Im limited to 4GB right now. Before reinstalling the win7 I managed to boot up with 3 sticks of Dominators and 1 stick og 1GB 800Mhz G.Skill.

Now It can boot to windows loading screen with 3 dominator sticks crashing after that. With 4 Dominators I get C1 memory code.

I have tried no rise up the NB voltage to 1,65v but that didn't help.
    All the Dominator sticks seem to be working...but only when there is only two of them..:confused:

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Unfortunately, your motherboard is no longer supported and DFI has left the consumer market, so the QVL is no longer available. It could very well be compatibility issues though.

3. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    If memory serves your NB voltage was too high. Your Vdimm voltage would need to be about 1.65v. NB no more than 1.35v ish.

But as has been said DFI is no more *sobs*.

4. GT40Nutcase

GT40Nutcase Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward HD 4870 1GB
    Thanks for the replies..

The fact that DFI doesn't exist a company doesn't affect on it's products or support of DDR2 memory chips, as this MB has the lastest BIOS in it..

NB voltage was that high because on the other forums I was told to raise the NB/MCH voltage because that person thought that the memory channel hub couldn't handle the 8 GB of memory with that voltage... but the high NB voltage wouldn't affect negatively on the working of the chips anyway?

Are you confusing the DDR2 voltages vith DDR3 ones? Because DDR2 Corsair Dominators are using the 2.1V as default voltage....
    I think that DDR3 memory is using 1.65V and over that might kill your i7 processor, I'm however using the LGA 775 q6600... and DDR2.. old stuff that is :)

By the way: Thanks for trying to help guys!