1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Devil May Cry 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2018.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    The PS4 version outside of Japan is censored.. but the Xbox and PC version is not, seems kind of strange.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Not true. I have the game installed on a five year old 7,200rpm SATA3 HDD with a 64 MB cache and the game runs butter-smooth at all times (played to Mission 5) at 2560x1440 DX12 maxed out settings with 150% resolution scaling (i.e. 4K) and FXAA+TAA. Runs better than Resident Evil 2 Remake actually (which did have occasional minor stuttering due to the streaming). DMC5’s levels a.k.a. Missions are broken by brief loading screens though so I’m guessing there’s far less streaming in this game. Very impressed with it so far; plays brilliantly and looks/sounds gorgeous.

3. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    970-G1 SOC 1.5Ghz/8.2Ghz
    I was told this game was good. So I bought it and it's good. Just though I would share.

XenthorX and BangTail like this.
  4. Killian38

Killian38 Master Guru

GPU:
    On a ragged 7200 rpm Western.

Fixed it now. I had to change the config.ini file to directx11. Now everything is set to ultra and it's silky smooth at around 120 fps avg on a 1060 3gb. Really loving this game!

5. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    970-G1 SOC 1.5Ghz/8.2Ghz
    Dang,... Anyone know how to switch between DX12 and DX11?

6. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Sorry but Gamers Nexus is not qualified enough and their videos on pre-release version or UE 4.22 was terrible, seriously they should get qualified people dive into the details like they're doing for GPU circuit board reviews.
    What they did is taking an unreleased version, cranking everything to 11 and turning every raytracing option on, this is ridiculus. Currently working on a game which i sadly can't share any footage of here but FPS games, with AIs and destruction, we get 100+ fps at 4K with raytracing on... They've just no idea what they're doing.

serbicu, Loster and BangTail like this.
  7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Go to the game install folder (by default it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Devil May Cry 5) and open the dmc5config.ini file there using Notepad or similar. You should see two entries for DX12. You only need to change the second one (the one with Target in its name) to DX11 then save and exit. Next time you run the game it will be using DX11.

KissSh0t likes this.
  8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Why would one run the game on dx11? They didnt give you an option in the menu for a reason.

warlord likes this.
  9. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Yeah right. Imagine weak graphics. Stop showing us how happy you are Mr. rtx guys. It is impossible for 100fps 4k with proper ray tracing. Stop people your ego and disappointment of how weak rtx 2080ti is. Disgusting.

mikeysg likes this.
  10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    The video gamers nexus released was perfectly fine and was to show what features have been added to the engine. And, no they didn't turn on every setting to 11 they actually turned each one on one at a time once they got to every setting the fps was in the single digits. They even said time and time again during the video that the RT implementation in UE4 is still early and there are bugs such as in the de-noising.

So, the game you are working on runs at 4K 100+fps with RT??? So, how much RT is used? In what form? How detailed is the rest of the game? What engine are you using? What PC was used to get 100fps @ 4K? What GPU was used? Do you get 100fps in EVERY single scenario in the game or just when you look up at the sky box?

There are A LOT of factors involved, you know that. Not everyone will be getting 100fps @ 4K in your game with RT on. Heck, barely 1% of the market will even be able to turn the feature on and then most of those people will have a GTX2060 or 2070 and RT will crumble their performance.

The simple fact is, RT is cool, it IS the future everyone agrees. In it's current form, its just not viable as the hardware is not there just yet. Sure there will be new techniques used to achieve better performance with current hardware but by that time we will have better hardware. Nvidia should of waited, AMD simple don't have the R&D budget for ray tracing and they know its too early for it. This is nothing more than Nvidia wanting to be first with something. Maybe in another 2-3 generations we will finally have GPU's that will handle RT properly and with good performance.

Until then, I look forward to seeing your new game... any release dates or targeted release for it?

warlord likes this.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Runs great maxedout @ dsr 2880x1620p, looks, plays even better.

I have it on normal hdd dx12 and not a single stutter yet.
    Nice job capcom!

signex likes this.
  12. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    970-G1 SOC 1.5Ghz/8.2Ghz
    Thank you much. I just want to test it out against DX12 see what the differences are if any.

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    After a busy weekend I wanted to finally sit down and play the game but nooo...
    At 4K the whole screen is pink and at 3440x1440 I have grey bars (not black) on the side of the screen, super annoying.
    I must find out what's going on here.

Edit : Fixed 4K, no idea why it gets pink but switching resolutions forth and back solved the problem

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    It...breaks the light shaft effect if you switch over to D3D11 and also disable depth of field.

This is used to censor the butts of two in-game characters in a M rated game because oh no nudity is horrible. :p
    That would be one reason, it does also affect stability and overall framerate fluctuation for a few users from reports so far. That would be another reason. :D
    (ReShade compatibility and third party tools overall that might not be D3D12 compatible would be a smaller third one.)

EDIT: And I can't just slam up a image because people might be browsing this site at work or similar environments, sorry ha ha. Well that and other reasons like the forum rules and guidelines and different views and opinions on the subject and all that. :)
    (Probably plenty of full out guides on the Steam forum for the game anyway and probably more than a couple of all out videos and blog posts, tweets and other articles for the clicks and all that. Misleading thumbnails everywhere no doubt. Hah!)

EDIT: Still backlogged by other titles such as Yakuza Kiwami though so haven't gotten into this myself yet to compare the performance and such, probably a couple of articles on that already though I'm hearing many of the effects primarily affect cutscene visuals and the game is going all out for it's 60 FPS gameplay smoothness which isn't bad I suppose, smooth is nice especially for a fast paced fluid game like Devil May Cry is known to be.
    (Mostly, Smoking Sick Style? More like Flailing Fail Flop as I remember though it's been a few years since last attempt.)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    Undying likes this.
  15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    It's basically the buttocks viewed from behind with nothing explicit shown.... Original Japanese PS4 version is fine, and from my understanding the PC and Xbox version are fine, it's the Non-Japanese PS4 version that is censored...... unless something has changed with an update?

---

Wtf... xD

https://twitter.com/iconoclast575/status/1104546345027813376

16. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PC VEGA64 Red Devil
    I got this game as part of a games bundle with the purchase of my Vega II, what I am disappointed in is there's no UWD and SUWD support. Playing with black columns on the sides of my 21:9 monitor is not fun, let alone my 32:9 monitor. I know there are HXD hacks that can enable such support, but it's not perfect. Seriously, for a modern game and AAA title like this, the developer should have various native WS support right out of the box. Till they fix it, I ain't gonna play it.....except on my 4K TV, not my fave usage scenario but it'll do for this game. Meanwhile, enjoying Metro Exodus in 21:9 and 32:9.....

warlord likes this.
  17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    From how I understood it the PC version has Trish uncensored possibly due to a bug as can be seen from comparison images that were posted on that subject that the lens flare coming from the bike just cuts off abruptly and then Lady is either flared or not depending on if you use D3D11 or D3D12 and for D3D11 if depth of field is then also disabled the lens flare convenient glow coverage disappears, kinda funny and of course with the regulations on nudity and censorship and content in games also for Japan and CERO and regional restrictions and laws there would only be barbie doll anatomy anyway so nothing really explicit is shown regardless.

Doesn't quite beat the DMCV intro I suppose and Dante's camping wagon being wrecked with all kinds of clutter flying around and covering up various bits during that little segment. :D
    Though it's a funny way of trying to cover things up via extreme strength light beams that just so happens to cover certain parts ha ha. Nothing new though and media being a bit creative in coverage I suppose one could say.

...I have a stupid sense of humor so it'd be kinda funny if it had been proven instead that it broke in the pre-release Q&A version of the exe that just so conveniently happens to be available to the public, bit more of a crack than expected. :p
    (Though I'd take that AND shorter loading and startup times easily at least until they release the next patch for the game probably for April and the free update for Bloody Palace.)

EDIT: Ah but it can't be a crack when the developer provides the DRM free exe, much the better really with the scene mostly just working around the copy protection and digital rights management bits instead of wholly removing it so it has little advantage for legitimate users although the offline capabilities can be handy at least even if the full performance gain if any might not be present without the code wholly removed.

But with RE7 de-DRM patched there's a chance for RE2R and DMC 5 here to follow suite at least even if it might take a year or so. :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  18. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Some need to flex and add self import to their purchase decision. They are right you are wrong (for not buying it)
    Just buy it.

warlord likes this.
  19. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Will this game break my keyboard?

20. Kono

Kono Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    Look in the Steam discussion or google Devil May Cry 5 wsgf for perfect 21:9 fix. I can affirmed this, as I did the screen comparison. Game look fantastic on 21:9. Nothing get cut off, only more info on the screen. I love it!

The DX version does not matter. Just DoF and Lens Flare = False will work. :)