Device ID 687F:C1 surfaces in AOTS - VEGA 10 aka RX 490 spotted ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 5, 2016.

1. gianluca

gianluca Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 TI 8GB
    Whatether the f... is, 490 or Vega, AMD will probably show it on december 13, paired with the new Zen cpu.
    One more week of wait. :)

2. gianluca

gianluca Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 TI 8GB
    And that is what matters at the end. AMD used aggressive prices for the RX series and it seem they will do the same with Zen. What if will be like that also with this new card? I just checked Amazon and the 1080 has insane prices. What would you prefer, buying a slightly slower card for way less, or buying a slightly faster card for a lot more? Personally I'd go with the first option.

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    For the sake of competition and the people actually buying AMD's mystery product, I hope it's not a CFX card. This would be a great fail these days, as mGPU is on it's decline in every way, not just SLI.

That said, if some CFX card from AMD pulls Nvidia out of hiding to release their 1080Ti or any Pascal refresh stuff, I'd be happily reading the comparison benchmarks.

4. malitze

malitze Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury X
    I really hope they don't go with a dual chip card but I have a bad feeling about this. Please let me be wrong.

5. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

seriously, Nvidia comes out with the speed first.. Its 6 months later and AMD "might" have something competitive? Although I paid more for my card, I got 6 months worth for the competitors next best thing. So $ is slightly objective in this situation. Now had they come out at the same time... Of course a closely competitive product with lower pricing is the no brainer.. This is some dual crap solution is my guess, and NOT Vega.

6. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    Brand new architecture. Will probably be faster than a 1080 by next June if this is the RX490.

7. Deragot

Deragot Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Zotac
    Have I completely misread the situation and info in the recent months? Wasn't there supposed to be a small Vega card (490) to compete with the 1070 and a big Vega to compete for the perf crown?
    Here I am, sitting and waiting for an alternative of 1070, wanting to use my money to improve healthy competition and there is no such product coming?