Development Of Crysis Warhead

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WCASD, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    maybe he knew about the painstaking work that goes into a project this large or maybe EA and Crytek should've taken their sweet time to improve the game further rather than rushing it out because a dollar in the pocket is better than a butt on a chair. ;)

2. nas711

nas711 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Dell 30" BFG 8800gtx OC + PhySEX
    If you hate crysis so much....why the **** are you posting in this section of the forum?? Quit trolling and leave the section to people who actually liked the game and are looking forward to this release.

Oh and whats this about having to crack the retail version of a non pirated copy? Mine worked perfectly, played brilliantly with the cd in at all times. The only crack is the **** your smoking sir...please leave the section unless you would like to discuss this game positively..

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  3. covertash

covertash Member

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 580 1.5GB SLI
    I always find it odd when people cry about a game that doesn't make use of their hardware, then when one comes around that makes everything seem obsolete, the same people go crying again that the game made their hardware scream for mercy. Can't have it both ways.

Personally, I'm excited for this expansion. I'm (apparently) one of the few who did enjoy Crysis as I still find plenty of creative ways to play in the sandbox, and welcome games like this that also help to push hardware limitations. Anyone remember when people were crying over Oblivion making their computers wimper? If anything, it's thanks to games like these that you get to see monster cards, such as the GT280, being made. If all you want is optimized games then there would be no point to make any progression and everyone would just be happy buying assembly line PCs (no different then buying a console).

I'm not saying everyone *has* to like Crysis, but please don't spoil it for those who do like the game - even with all its shortcomings. For all you know, your future "optimized" games could be spawned as a result of CryEngine2. ;)

4. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    so playing through the eyes of Psycho, hmm could be fun..but i'm curious if the game starts like the old one...and i guess the game will follow the same story..now thats not fun..but anyway i'll wait and see what they come up with.

5. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I'd be great if someone could point out what was the last video game to bring completely different gameplay that no other games come closes to :3eyes:

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    woot, good news, can't wait for this... hope they will optimize it better ;)

7. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I actually quite liked crysis, although I've not played it much. What I'm pissed about is them dropping support.
    And trying to make us buy the same game again, and play it as a different character. I already know how it ends, that's just fricken stupid!

8. skarlito

skarlito Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtech 9600 gt
    i never played farcry but i play Crysis now and its good very good indeed.it has some tech problem(i still can't apply AF,help will be welcome) and indoors are pure crap but its fun.i play it on very hard i think its veteran.

a game doesn't need to be something revolutionary to be good.the problem is the hype and bad timing.if the game released today more people will like it cause current hardware handle it better and it will be better tuned.my 9600 handles it fine at high at 1280(althought i couldn't resist the very high xp mod)

Warhead if its what i think it will be i hope it's cheap.i would be better for them to start develop crysis2

9. Laykun

Laykun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    You'll need to disable parallax occlusion mapping to get AF working. Goto the console and type r_usePOM 0. Make sure you have the console restrictions turned off by typing con_restricted 0 . Personally I'd rather go without AF and have POM on. But that's my preference.

10. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Far Cry was amazing, Crysis didn't do it anywhere near as much for me.

11. stromchin

stromchin Master Guru

GPU:
    7900GTX
    so I will need the originaly crysis to play this?

12. Poddy

Poddy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 8800GTS 320mb
    I don't think so, I've raed that it's a stand-alone expansion, like CoH Opposing Front, you won't need the original.
    I think the idea of the parralel story could be pretty good, I wonder if you have to fly the VTOL to pick up Nomad at the end too? :) Plus, the part where Psycho says: "You'll never believe me if I told you where I went" just cries out for a sequel

13. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 Vapor-X

Maybe he did a Gordon Freeman and transported to the alien's homeworld or something.....that could be cool :)