Deus Ex: Mankind Divided?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    No, you're deluding yourself. Just because Nightmare mode is locked for 4GB cards (which are in the majority) doesn't mean the recommended specs aren't right for a "good" experience. Many people also had problems with 2GB cards which I have already posted a number of times with various potential fixes in the Doom thread which might make the game more playable for you and others.

However, for maxed-out settings, it's no secret a card with more than 4GB is needed for Doom to run optimally. Those nightmare options can be unlocked to run on 4GB cards, but, that isn't supported if people encounter problems with it.

The situation for your specs won't get any better. You will skip many present and upcoming demanding games because it's obvious you're not going to get a good experience. Doom is actually a well optimised example. Don't expect other games to follow suit.

2. MrMicrochip

MrMicrochip Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 1070 Phoenix
  3. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
  4. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    BS ? Just wait until VEGA is out..Most games out there will be GCN optimized(Ports from consoles), i think NV is pretty f*cked until Volta.

5. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Just look at that article first, then, re-read what I wrote.

6. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Sorry bro, but well optimized games run well in several configurations, this has stuttering problems in a lot of systems, weak and new, watch the steam forums, not everything revolve around your computer.

7. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I do, where do you think those fixes come from?

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Not played this game for some time now, it maybe one of those games that I keep in my backlog for later when I have more powerful hardware. Shame really...

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Your current specs are not enough?

*__*

10. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    One should not play this game because of graphics, cause this game is not about graphics.

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I'm quite enjoying the game, now that I had some time to play (BF1 beta had priority lol). I'm mostly on ultra @ 1440p, but I have lowered the shadows a bit, since those are most often the culprit with performance. Same with msaa. I have dips in low 50s, but it's bearable.

One thing is for sure, the graphics might not be that advanced, but the super high resolution textures coupled with quite hefty image sharpening makes this game look pretty sick. It almost feels like playing on 4K. The video/image quality is very, very high. And also, vram usage is almost all the time over 7GB.

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Not really, no. I have a 1440p/144Hz monitor and when one's used to the smoothness of 90+ FPS it's painful to go back to 60.

I understand but in my case it's more about having a smooth experience with the game, and not a stuttery one. I can't shake that feeling when running around Prague and watching the FPS counter hover around 55-65.

And I do think graphics are important which is why I dont want to decrease the settings even further. Call me whatever you want but that's how it is :) If I didnt care about graphics I'd sit on a 1080p/60Hz monitor and some 970 or whatever.

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    ^ what settings do you use, actually? :)

Dropping CHS and Volumetric Lighting from Ultra to On will boost performance with very little loss in image quality (barely noticeable).

The same goes for dropping textures from Ultra to V.High, shadows from V.High to High and Level of Detail from V.High to High or even lower, it affects detail of distant objects only, essentially it's draw distance.

Dropping AO to On helps too and I prefer personally the On over the Very High setting. The higher setting is overdone IMO and it also causes some glitches like at the brown cloth with holes towards the end of the benchmark run.

Also disable Tessellation.
    It makes virtually no difference in IQ, just some character models use it slightly and I had to search very hard to even find them.
    Plus it seems to create a "smearíng" effect.

Last but not least, set Reflections to On. The difference between On and Ultra is, again, small, you won't see it unless you look for it.

Sorry if all this is obvious but the thing is I'm very reluctant to tone down settings personally, often only to find that dropping a few notches may double the framerate with virtually no impact on IQ...

generally speaking, you won't double the fps doing the above in this game but it will help.

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I dont remember :) I'll post a screenshot when I get home.

Looks like you're talking about running "High" settings, this will hurt my pride :/ Not had to do that in a long time :)

Disable Tessellation? But won't that flatten all buildings and all streets?

Could be obvious in a point of view but sad that high-end hardware can't deal with a AAA game.

My aim would simply be to have a stutter-free experience (90+fps). Like I said, it's possible by running the game at 1080p but it looks horrible then.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  15. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    No, the streets use parallax occlusion mapping to get their depth. Same as they did in Thief.
    Tessellation is only applied to character models, and only certain ones.
    And, the differences between Ultra/V-High or even V-High/High are minuscule at best. You would actually have to search and spend time trying to tear the visuals apart.
    When... you should be playing the game. ;)

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    Yea like Damien said Parallax for streets, Tessellation only for characters and not even all of them and even those that are tessellated are only slightly so.

I think you should be able to do at least a solid minimum 60 fps on 1440p by tweaking some settings.
    Given I can do a rock-solid 60 fps @ 1080p with these settings:
    [​IMG]
    MSAA off obviously.

Trust me, if I had one game running at Ultra and other next to it with the tweaks posted above, you wouldn't know which is which ;)
    Okay, I run most settings maxed but I experimented a lot and turning the mentioned settings down doesn't really harm IQ at all.

Running the internal benchmark with the settings in the image will not give a solid 60 fps but actual gameplay does.
    The benchmark is artificially more demanding for whatever reason.
    It uses way more volumetric lighting than the actual scene from the game and also somewhat dynamic depth-of-field. The game has no ingame DoF (only cutscenes).

One last thing: try running with exclusive fullscreen disabled (borderless window).
    Could be placebo but I felt the game stuttered slightly in fullscreen so running in a borderless window may be smoother.

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Allright, I'll try your settings :)

Below settings give me 70-85fps in Prague at 1440p (seems they are lower than yours :p)
    [​IMG]

Edit - Running your settings increased the average FPS in the Benchmark from 67.6 to 71.5 :D I'll try Very High on Textures but after that I'll just leave it alone.

Edit 2 - Changing Textures to Very High gave me another 0.2 FPS (71.7 instead of 71.5) :banana:

18. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Textures have minimal impact in performance as long as your VRAM is enough.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    Thats true. As long you have enough Vram you can ramp up the textures higher. Thats why having a 8GB vram even at 1080p sounds like a good idea.

20. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    6.9 according to afterburner after like 1 hour in-game.