Deus Ex: Mankind Divided?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Couple is two a few is more than that. Why are you so defensive, I posted a few pages before that I finished the game and loved it. And I know about Nixxes, I have 200+ hours in human revolution.
    Though I will stand by my words about arkham knight as someone who preordered it and refunded it right after I saw that it didn't even had mouse sensitivity setting on launch. Back then this "conspiracy" felt like reality. Bought it half a year later and enjoyed it.
    /offtopic

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  2. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    RX480 DX12 vs DX11, this video shows a variety of places. What's interesting is the performance "advantage" sways both ways. DX12 is certainly not a clear-cut winner here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAKCOcSLViw

3. Mere

Mere Member Guru

GPU:
    amd fury 3840 1100/500
    The game keeps crashing at startup in DX12 on my 4GB amd fury card if I have ultra textures enabled. DX11 works fine with ultra.

4. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    anyone have problems with shadows now ? shadows are broken here with v1.4 patch

5. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    I get **** performance with dx12 lol what a joke.

6. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    1. I don't really see any performance gains under Direct X 12, performance slightly worse at times.
    2. Shadows were/are broken, broken textures in some areas.

Hopefully Nixxes gets these issues fixed quickly, as in my opinion Direct X 12 is becoming a joke. So far either games perform poorly (Quantum Break) or support for it get removed due to "issues" (The Turing Test). Even Rise of the Tomb Raider performance is questionable at times under Direct X 12.

7. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    We certainly didn't expect DX12 to come in the form of a beta, but, should've known better than to expect any different. "That" performance screenshot showing RX480 beating GTX1070 shows just how much of a joke this patch is tbh. Blatantly crippling GTX1080/GTX1070 just to make FuryX and RX480 look good. I'd even bet if the .exe could be reverse-engineered we'd see that's exactly what's happening.

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Or you know, it's just a bug and not malicious.

9. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Honestly, I really don't care that much about Direct X 12, for all the hype is got it really hasn't shown anything in my opinion.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  10. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    All the hype it got was from the same people complaining it's doing nothing now. Like early in the conversation the main focus for DX12 was CPU bound scenarios and APU/iGPU performance increases due to those CPU improvements. These aspects are almost entirely ignored now. The AMD gains were a surprise because no one knew just how bad AMD's DX11 issues were except for maybe PRMinister who wrote a post about it back in like early 2015.

I made this post back in 2014 and I wasn't the only one saying that.

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Well, this is an AMD sponsored game. I was fully expecting their cards to perform better than Nvidia. If this had been the opposite, someone else would be making the same claim for AMD.

12. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    DX12 runs loads worse for me, loads of stuttering and much lower frames.
    Levels seem to take twice as long to load too

13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I had my concerns about DX12 from the minute MS started talking about it.
    The way they were trying to hype it up instantly reminded me of DX10.... and how well that was received by developers.
    With most opting to drop back to DX9 and use it instead.

I can easily see the same thing happening here, with most studios deciding to stay with DX11 instead.

Support for DX12 from both Nvidia and AMD is a far cry from anything that could be considered an improvement over DX11.
    With several titles showing no performance gains to actually getting worse frame rates.
    And, while we haven't see how Quantum Break performs in DX11, we've experienced a couple DX12 titles that have not impressed. So... the API as a whole is not living up to expectations.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    True. What I meant was that because I lip read in real life I tend to notice bad lip syncing in games more. :p

15. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I disagree completely.

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    I have no doubt that DX12 exists purely to sell Windows 10 to gamers. And by sell I mean persuade them to upgrade hence all the pre-release hype which we now know was a load of rubbish unless you are running a high-end GPU on a low-end CPU. Also, I suspect that the underpowered Xbox One may be another reason for DX12 as it has a really weak Jaguar CPU like the PS4.

AMD cards seem to benefit from DX12 more but only because their DX11 driver is inefficient compared with NVIDIA's.

17. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    it runs really good with dx12 @ 1440p for me , ultra settings + msaax2 = 55fps to 87fps , average 65fps

but there's stuttering

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    DX12 option is still grey on me :(

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    My benchmark results are as follows:

DX12 2560x1440 Ultra preset MSAA off FOV=95 V-Sync off

Ave. FPS: 46.6
    Min. FPS: 37.9
    Max. FPS: 56.3

DX11 2560x1440 Ultra preset MSAA off FOV=95 V-Sync off:

Ave. FPS: 48.6
    Min. FPS: 39.4
    Max. FPS: 59.1

So I basically lose 1 FPS under DX12 vs. DX11, albeit it's within margin of error so the results can be viewed as being the same, I guess.

DX12 2560x1440 Custom Ultra settings (Volumetric Lighting On, AF=16X) MSAA off FOV=95 V-Sync off:

Ave. FPS: 50.8
    Min. FPS: 39.4
    Max. FPS: 61.6

DX11 2560x1440 Custom Ultra settings (Volumetric Lighting On, AF=16X) MSAA off FOV=95 V-Sync off:

Ave. FPS: 53.1
    Min. FPS: 42.5
    Max. FPS: 64.7

I lose 3 FPS in DX12 here vs. DX11 but, again, it's within margin of error.

However, you look at these results, one thing is clear at the moment: there is absolutely no reason to use DX12 right now. It offers the same (or, if you, see it that way slightly worse) performance for absolutely no visual benefit.

DX12 seems to be the most pointless graaphical API update EVER! :D

P.S. Just noticed that MSI Afterburner v4.3.0 beta 14 now shows DX12 in the OSD which is absolutely awesome and now means that I know for sure when a game really is using DX12. Thanks Unwinder for all the hard work.

20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    You have to select the DX12 Preview branch from the Beta tab. The other update that the game got today seems to be for DX11 only.