Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    I mean that the game looks really hazy [vaseline] blurry without sharpening on.

2. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Only if you use txaa, let me rephrase that, txaa makes it worse.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  3. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Game is broken in SLI. We either need a patch or new driver to fix it. The only "fix" is to run in single GPU mode.

4. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    I'm playing with 0x2C0120F5 profile and SLi now works great, sadly with no support for Gsync.

5. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    But they over-compensated with the sharpening. I wish it was variable and not just on/off.

6. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    That's what I meant to say Gsync and SLI are broken at the moment. I hope they fix it with the upcoming patch on the 5th.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The Sharpening in game is overdone. It's too much, honestly I think it hurts the image more then it helps.
    They need to change the setting so it's a slider instead of simply "On/Off".

And sharpening has zero impact on performance. On or off, it doesn't change my frame rates at all.
    It's one setting I keep going back and forth on, in some of the areas... it does look really good on, but in others it looks horrible. Way overdone.

8. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's not overdone if you use TAA, otherwise it is yes.

9. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Agree. Lumasharper by Reshade is much better.

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The sharpening is awful, and i game on a TV and don't even sit that close.
    Can't imagine how ugly it would be if i was up close on a monitor.

It might look good with no glasses/contact lenses in though.

It's a shame console gamers don't have an off toggle, i dont agree with console games having much in the war of visual settings, but performance free/light stuff should be optional.

11. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    It will run the game on Ultra and it certainly manages it at a more than playable level for myself, perhaps not the rock solid 60FPS I claimed but I made that statement in the early game when it was day light and I suspect that the night time sections are a bit more taxing but I got a low of 35 for a split second, a high of 60 capped and an average of 54. Complain about that if you want, I mean we have a 27 page topic here that is basically 26 and a half pages of minute discussion about the graphics details and half a page of gameplay talk so yeah people will complain no doubt, but I am happy with the performance and I certainly wouldn't call it the sh*t show that is being made out by many.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D46Lw9TvKE&feature=youtu.be

12. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The game isn't smooth at all, also AF goes up to 16x..

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've saw my GTX 1080 hit 7.6 GB last night (at 2560x140) while the game for 5 hours or so. Scary really considering I've just updated from a GTX 980 Ti with 'just' 6 GB of VRAM. Maybe the game is just using the extra video memory to cache textures though as my loading times are quite long between areas (1-2 minutes).

14. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    I didn't look at VRAM usage, but now that you have mentioned about caching, this got me thinking, because when you load a game for the first time, I can notice small shuttering while moving around, but when I get back to the same place again shuttering is gone. Similar thing is with benchmark, first benchmark shows lower frame rates than second, third and etc.

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Got this game and put some 5-6 hrs in, seems very good and a worthy successor to HR.

The graphics are solid I think, not jaw-dropping but defnitely good. Sure you can spot some lower-def textures here and there but nothing too bothersome.

Running a mix of Ultra/Very High/High settings and a solid 60 fps 1080p so far (Prague daytime):
    [​IMG]

No issues apart from one CTD during loading a savegame.

Agree the ingame sharpening is awful, using Lumasharpen instead myself as well.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016

16. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Ew, seriously? That's not good at all :/

Also not too excited to hear about its hoarding of Vram. Seems like this game really lacks polish.

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i don't get it

1- How to beat hand to hand combat the romped much like police man. when i activate melee it catches my hand and beats me. i fully upgraded my power of hand or what ever it is.

2- i fully upgraded my reflex thing and bought perk of take down 2 person at same time. as it happens in previous game. i can't take down 2 person at same tme. why? i have perk. i have full energy. why i can't? they both stand together. but only one gets the hit

18. DLG

DLG Guest

GPU:
    Zotac AMP 1080Ti
    It will show up as a seperate 2man KO for it to work

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    @DLG, it just doesn't work man. I don't see two man take down. Odd.

20. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    EMP it either with an EMP bullet or nade then run in and active the take down.

Anyone else notice that the combat rifle emp rounds don't seem to work with the combat rifle? I select the rounds, hit combine but the combat rifle disappears and won't let me add them. Kind of annoying since I had been carrying a hand gun for this purpose then sold it thinking why do I need this when I can just use the combat rifle with EMP round instead, only to find the combat rifle doesn't seem to work.