Deus Ex: Mankind Divided?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    You can get all that with cheats too but no one is forcing you to do that. Same with buying stuff. It's like boycotting a grocery store because they also sell cigarettes. Whatever.

Moving on, Screenspace Reflections on Ultra blew me away: in places like bank you can see your gun reflection on the wall you're hugging while seeing what's behind next corner by looking at the other wall. Same true for floor, tables and surfaces like that. Really impressive:thumbup:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ooohwhoohoo snap.

Edit: But..me buying broccoli doesnt contribute to the funding of the tobacco industry, yet buying a dlc ridden game contributes to the encouragement of publishers continuing this business model.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  3. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    People weren't lying about that awful lip syncing. It's amazing how a thing like this can regress.

Played up to you leave your apartment for the first time. I've got it a 1080p with very high settings mostly, some ultra, msaa off and it runs petty silky right now.

Liking what I've played so far.

4. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Analogy was that you're free to fund tobacco industry - no one is forcing you to smoke. It's up to you. Product is fully functional with or w/o DLC. It's existence doesn't make it bad.

And you see, I want games like deus ex human revolution and mankind divided to see the light of day so I'll support evil devs/publishers.

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus RTX 2060
    guys is the game worth getting for 39$?

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    But when you choose to buy cigarettes, you dont get the choice of lung cancer or tongue cancer. Its not up to you.

Just like when i buy a game with DLC aspects, i dont get to decide if my money encourages the practice of dlc, or support of the base game alone, its left entirely up to the interpretation of the publisher.

*Note, i could care less about the dlc aspects of this game, i just jumped in to participate in the conversation.

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus RTX 2060
    the game is being hammered for offering dlc on a singleplayer game, actually i dont understand the criticism, some people say the story is boring and that HR is much better game.

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I already done that though and the conversation continued without the on-screen tutorial prompt.

I've found that just hitting F5 to quicksave or taking a screenshot triggers the bug and makes that option appear on-screen again then it is very difficult to make it go away. I believe engaging in one of the interactive conversations with an NPC fixes it but it is annoying that I cannot quicksave or take screenshots less I retrigger the issue.

I will try your suggestion though just in case it is something stupidly simple like that...

Thanks.

9. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Besides cancer you'll have lots of problems instantaneously :D
    OK I'm done with this.:nerd:

From 4 story missions I finished in my 13 hours in the game it didn't seem boring. Maybe there is something lame after that I dunno. Spent most of the time doing side quests, which are good, and exploring. Feels like proper deus ex game. If you liked human revolution definitely worth $39

10. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    Anyone figure out an FOV or Mouse Acceleration fix?

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I've just loaded up the game this morning for a brief play before work and that damn tutorial text is STILL showing onscreen as seen here:

[​IMG]

I just cannot get rid of it and is driving me insane as it is so damn intrusive as you can see from the screenshot.

I've looked at the Augments menu and my system is showing as 100% stable with none of the experimental ones enabled. Unfortunately, I do not have any Praxis points to enable one then disable it to see if that gets rid of the on-screen text.

Does anyone know how to fix this annoying issue please? :(

12. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    I think so, its a freaking great game imo.

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You mean the steam store? You can buy it from there and try it. At worst you will refund it and in my experience it is credited back to my card within 24 hours.

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Game is so rewarding in terms of exploration. every corner has something. great .

15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 3060TI
    You can rollback to previous build - it is available as a beta.

16. Bleib

Bleib Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    It's worth it, but Human Revolution seems to be the better game.

17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Has anyone already completed the game, how short/long is the campaign?

Reviews state MD is notably shorter than HR which sounds a bit alarming to me.

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yes dude I already answered, check my last post

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Nvidia users are you guys using the latest Nvidia "Game Ready" drivers for Deus Ex?

I haven't updated to them. In fact, I haven't updated my drivers in a while.
    I'm getting a rock solid 60fps in the game with a mix of High/Very High settings. But, curious as to how the new drivers are for the game.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    exclusive full screen is needed for 144hz on me. or it is just 60 hz.