1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Detonator performance database.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Zorbid, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Zorbid

Zorbid Guest

It is a very good idea, but currently, it is only usefull for GF3 owners. I don't think that the results would be the same on another gfx card. This is not a request, but a suggestion: could you test

- one TNT
    - one TNT2
    - one Geforce256
    - one Geforce2 ( and maybe one GF2MX?)

It may not be that usefull ATM for GF4 owners, as the card is new and only supported by the very latest.

I would appreciate this, especially because I've read many times that there were perf loss with GF2 when they started to optimise the drivers for the GF3.

I know it makes a big amount of work.
    Of course I would really enjoy if you tested The GF2MX :D.

Cheers

Zorbid

2. Dave

Dave Don Fredo Corleone

dewd, yea, thats a lot of work.

My suggestion, turn that suggestion around, why don't ya benchmark those puppies yourself? 3 per driver and take the results down, go though the drivers and get credit for the project.
    Broadening the project is a great idea, but Hilbert needs the people to do this for him, Rumple is the man doing the detonator d-base presently.:eek:c:

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Way too much work .. I wish it wuold be possible though.

4. Rumple

Rumple Maha Guru

By pure coincidence the next database is going to be framed around a GF2 MX using Win 98. As has already been said, yes it would be nice to have DPD's for all different cards but then where do you stop? Different cpu's, mobo's, etc, etc.

The previous two DPD's were produced, not especially for variation but because after the first, using a GF2 Ultra, I made some serious upgrades to my one and only system. Therefore there was no alternative but to form another DPD based upon my latest equipment. I did that one whilst I was also very busy 'lifewise' and I decided at that point to start forming a second comp to be used solely for the DPD. That way, I could still upgrade the main system without having to do a completly new DPD each time. All that would be required is to add to the DPD every time drivers are released.

Another important factor Zorbid, is finance. If you are still living at home with your parents, I doubt if you would have learnt the true values of home finance yet, as all Moms and Dads have a bottomless pit when it comes money. Or so most kids think. The realities can be totally opposite.

In my particular case, I'm possibly more fortunate than some but that doesn't alter the fact that even I have a limit. This year I have spent over £2000 on computer parts and I can tell you that Mrs Rumple is not the happiest woman in the world about it. In fact she has made me promise to cut down on my spending on comps. Well......it wasn't so much as cut down...I think the word STOP was mentioned and with some degree of emphasis, but when you've been married as long as I have, you tend to develop these sudden bouts of deafness.

Anyway, I'm off to retrieve my lasagne from the oven. I hope that explains a little about it.:)

5. Joshua

Joshua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX260 Core 216
    Y'know. Until this thread, I didn't know that Rumple did the Det DB. lol

6. Rumple

Rumple Maha Guru

Millie....are you admitting that you don't look over Guru properly? I hope you're suitably ashamed of yourself!:) It's been there long enough. 3/10 for observation I'm afraid:D

7. Joshua

Joshua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX260 Core 216
    lol. I quit lookin' at the Det Dbase when I got my GF4. As I knew it wasn't for those yet. . . .

8. Rumple

Rumple Maha Guru

whoa! this one will have to go to a vote. I'm not sure as that excuse will be acceptable as the DPD was formed long before you got your GF4. Wait outside a moment will you?

whisper... whisper.... mutter..... mutter.....head shaking....head nodding.......mmmmmm.... ok wheel him in...

I'm sorry Mr Milenko, your excuse is not acceptable to the jury for reasons previously laid down by Mr Rumple. You have 7 days to come up with a more plausible answer or accept the punishmnet meted out to you by your peers. Among these I might add are the handwashing of Tweaks pillowcase and the grooming and mucking out of Ice's goat.

9. Joshua

Joshua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX260 Core 216
    Whatever happened to tweak? lol. Haven't seen him mess with Marian in awhile.