Destiny

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Feb 17, 2013.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I think the ONLY thing that really bothers me about this game, besides how hard it seems to be to get gear to help you get your light level up.... is how SHAFTED Hunters are in regards to EVERYTHING. I actually kinda miss the whole pre-3 subclass days.... when Hunters had basically the only incredibly wicked Super ability (arc blade).... cause aside from that, most of what a Hunter can do is absolutely useless. Even with Void Bow. "It has the power to stop the super of an enemy that gets caught in its snare". Yea.... but that doesn't include actually shooting them in the face with it, which 9 times out of 10 for me doesn't seem to actually kill them if they're mid-super.... and pretty much EVERY TIME they end up killing me and being way the hell out of there before the snares even disperse. Meanwhile, Warlocks got freakin force lightning which obliterates anything that's... well... basically in front of the Warlock, and Titans got Mjolnir. Don't see any delay in their crap actually taking effect... or, you know... NOT killing even WITHOUT a direct hit.

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I bought the Legendary Edition for Xbox One, and I just tried the code for the Taken King and it said it was already in use...I talked to Gamestop and they said they don't guarantee game codes even in new product(wtf), talk to Bungie.

I talked to Bungie, they said I had to get it figured out with Gamestop since they sold me the game and code.

Gamestop says I can bring it back for in store credit, but they won't give me back the full $20 because it'll be missing a game code and it will be in store credit.

Wtf.

I know it's only $20, but it's my $20. Well was my $20 I guess. From what I understand, the game is useless without the expansions.

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Did you pay with a card or cash? If card, file a charge back and never spend another dime with them again. If cash, your SOL. The same thing happened to my niece. from my understanding, this is happening to quite a few people.

4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Sadly I paid in cash.

I took to their social media about it as well, but they were not any help.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    New DLC coming

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Looks like Destiny is getting one last update and then it's done.
    What's cool, they will allow you to keep your characters customization, like genre/hair/face etc in Destiny 2.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45708/7_The-Road-Ahead

Bought the complete collection recently, i'm still early in the game and boosted my Titan to 40 but i don't really like the class, what a waste lol.

I'll probably stick to my Hunter wich is lvl38 atm.

My warlock was my main, but i don't like it as much as my hunter.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  7. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Doubt i'll bother with Destiny 2, too many paid for expansions in the original game that didn't add a lot of content, never really felt i got my moneys worth out of it.

8. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Same here if I'm alive and if the whole content was on one purchase yes I would buy otherwise they can **** them self's

9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    So much for that 10 year plan

10. Deragot

Deragot Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Zotac
    I am pretty sure the 10 year plan is for the Destiny franchise, not the game. And it is probably still in place. Otherwise they would have to build a second WoW, and it will be kinda hard on a console with less than 10 years life-cycle.