Destiny

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Undercova

Undercova Guest

GPU:
    660GTX Windforce
    Pulse rifle seems good, but not sure will i bother with IB enough to get it. From what i heard the drop rates are all time low, even though they said they buffed it. Atleast i'll get 50-75 marks from the weekly bounties.

2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    280? After the 10 rounds I was able to play the other night, think 267 is the highest I got.

3. Fluxeor

Fluxeor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-270X Toxic
    The vendor bought Pulse Rifle has quite possibly the best perk set a Pulse could have for PVP use, yeah the level is lower than ideal but Infusion does allow that to be worked around.
    My only gripes with Iron Banner in Year 2 so far is the low level of the gear meaning only people who do Trials or the raid are going to reliably hit max light level, and that the item pool for IB match drops is only what has been available from Salad Bar so far meaning quite limited selection (although thankfully those can come in at higher than 280 and with different perks). No snazzy Knight style helmet for my Titan until it's on sale :(

*edit* The drops are gated to rank too, you need to be rank 2 with Iron Banner to start getting the chance at IB gear, I've only had a 285 sidearm so far though at rank 3, it's not likely to replace my Invective any time soon.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  4. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Oh... the joys of being a Nightstalker Hunter. That feeling of having your Super available... seeing a Titan start up his Hammer of Sol. Thinking to yourself "Not this time". Fire your Void Bow at him... hit him in the chest... he throws a hammer at you and you're f*cked..... and he's well enough out of the arrows range that it doesn't even stop his super.

Thank you, Bungie, for making even the Nightstalker's Super ability utterly pointless in a pinch.

5. Fluxeor

Fluxeor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-270X Toxic
    Sounds like you fell victim to lag, As a Titan I've been pulled out of my super by the nightstalker super on numerous occasions even if I haven't been hit directly by it.

6. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    It's happened to me on several occasions now... and no noticeable lag that i could tell when it happened. Couldn't even blame it on a lag switch, cause everything happened perfectly fine as it should... except for my arrow not doing a damn thing. Still died as soon as the hammer hit me (which makes me laugh when people say it's hard to aim at a decent range... yet can still easily hit people in mid-air)

7. Fluxeor

Fluxeor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-270X Toxic
    You'll still die to a hammer that's in the air, just like you will to a thrown grenade or rocket fired by someone who died right after. Cancelling the targets super won't remove anything already spawned.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  8. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Never said that i couldn't be hit by the hammer in mid-air... just i've already seen people say that it's difficult to hit someone accurately with the hammer because of "travel time and the arc"... which i think is BS.

And my problem isn't the idea of getting killed by a thrown hammer after cancelling the Titan's super ability. My issue is the fact that even if you DO manage to cancel the super (considering not only the delay between activating the super and following arrow, but also the delay between the arrow hitting and whether or not it is able to anchor to the target in question in time), there's practically a 95% chance that you're going to be dead anyway. It just seems like a kind of useless super ability. Nice in PvE to use the one that damages all tethered enemies.... but in PvP... not so much.

And does anyone else think the Iron Banner is a bit of a joke now? Can't even count how many rounds i've played. Almost at rank 4 in IB reputation, and the only thing i've gotten really USEFUL out of it has been from a Crucible reputation package. basically everything else has either been a piece of gear around ~260 damage/defense, or an engram that decrypted into something with ~260 damage/defense.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  9. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Agree on both your points.

The IB is dumb – crap drops and crap gear for sale. The pulse rifle seems good, but you need to grind to rank 5 for it and then it is only 280, so you need to infuse it.

And the Sunbreaker – OMFG! Like it wasn’t enough that the Strikers’ super was OP as **** and now that one! The only thing to do when you hear that super activating is to turn in the opposite direction and run, in hope that he will not catch you before it runs out. And by the looks of it lasts FOREVER!
    Bungie seems to be aware of that based on the feedback. Hope they do something about it.

10. Fluxeor

Fluxeor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-270X Toxic
    The drop rates from IB do seem to have been noticeably decreased since year 1 which is a bit rubbish, Only managed to get a 2 class items, sidearm and a legendary ship.

With the passive buffs to rep gains ranking up 3 characters has become incredibly easy and the weekly bounties made buying most of what's available pretty achievable if you add a couple of daily heroic and pvp missions on top (I bought the legs and class item on all 3 characters plus the pulse rifle on one... it's insanely good and once perks are unlocked.. almost no recoil at all).

11. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Seems like the drop rates increased during the week, or just everyone was higher rank the last days. I did not get a single item worth noting, but have seen decent drops post match. Still I think they should have been light 290. Was not gonna grind for the pulse rifle, but yesterday when I finished the three weekly and three daily bounties, I went from rank 3 to 5 and beyond. So at least now I have what seems to be a good PvP weapon. It’s something...

12. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I thought about getting the pulse rifle, but legendary marks were in short supply, and I really wanted the sidearm.

13. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
  14. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Soo there is a Halloween even going on. It involves collecting candy, wearing masks and doing stuff with the masks equipped. Seems like it is not a problem to collect the candy and get a new mask, but sure they would not miss the chance to give you the option to buy packs, with the newly introduced silver. Also the tower is decorated and has new music and the occasional screams.

This video for more info - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNonZwexXOA

15. Roops

Roops Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 980ti HOF
    two questions

1)Is taken king worth it? does it change/fix destiny enough to warrant more money into the game? i was very disappointed with the game, actually returned mine in 2 days :p

2) With Halo 5 out on Xbox One, will there still be enough/alot of players on Xbox Live for destiny?

16. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    1 – Yes it is. The TTK edition gives you the base game + two DLCs and of course the TTK expansion. There is always room for improvement, but it is safe to say that TTK fixes almost all that was wrong with the vanilla game.

2 – Can’t say, as I’m on PS4. But millions of people play Destiny, so my guess is that with or without Halo 5, there will be no shortage of people in Destiny.

17. Fluxeor

Fluxeor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-270X Toxic
    There were still plenty of people playing Destiny on Xbone a couple hours ago when I hopped on to grab Reef bounties.

I caved too and bought silver for the Zombie Dance.

18. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Who WOULDN'T buy the zombie dance? When I even just saw the icon for it and that it was called "zombie dance", my first thought was "OMG the Thriller dance!!!"

19. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    So Iron Banner starts ones again today and this time they promise we will notice the changes. It will not be Control, but Clash. Interesting to see what will happen when there is no objective, other than kill the enemy team. Also better drop rates, increased experience and packages on ranks 3 and 5.

You guys still play Destiny? Somehow I find myself playing it almost every day. Do a few strikes, two or three times the nightfall, some daily quests for the marks and some PvP for good measure and there you go – it is weekly reset and it starts all over again. Still have a problem with finding enough people to do the raid, but now I can say that at least I finished it once…

20. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I've been too wrapped up in Black Ops 3, honestly.... but i'm sure that'll fade soon. lol. Though, never know. Is a lot more convenient to just fire up the game on my PC than it is to turn on the PS4, wait for it to boot up, and load Destiny up. I should partake in the Iron Banner, though....