Destiny

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Feb 17, 2013.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    You should still be able to play with your level 34. You have to go through quests till you unlock the Dreadnaught to explore.

2. kbozz71

kbozz71 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Put your spark of light in the vault and then switch characters...remove from vault with desired character.

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i started a new game. put spark in to vault yes thanx. thistime the only class iam not played. the warlock..fun to play? i hope so.

iam lvl 4 warlock now. and i think iam gonna use that spark to gain lvl 25 instantly. i still dont have sub level third. the taken king sub level i guess. how to gain it again pls? activate that spark?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  4. Undercova

Undercova Master Guru

GPU:
    660GTX Windforce
    You need to do few story missions to get the 3rd subclass. First do the new mission on Mars, then you get quest from tower where you have to do 2 missions(fro warlock it was spark/arc something), and then you get the subclass.

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. fine then thanx.

6. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    I can't imagine they did... aside from having Nolan North redo all the Dinklebot voices.... which kinda sucks. Maybe they added more cutscenes, for those people that thought they were imperative to move a story along? Haven't played any of the original content since 2.0, so not sure.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    No added cutscenes, just hit lvl 20, there's no change in this respect.

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i did use the Spark and iam lvl 25 instant. but still doing lvl 4 story missions.

9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Is this game worth a damn? I have X1 and soon PS4 but is this game worth getting?

10. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    I'm really enjoying the expansion so far, the fact there's an actual story now really helps motivate me to complete the missions.

Seeing greens that are better than my year one exotics is a bit disheartening though when I consider the effort it took to get a lot of them, but I'm sure the year two exotics will just as enjoyable to use.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    For £40, The Taken King legendary edition is a great game. You get the base game and all the DLC. The game is great. Get it on PS4 though.

12. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Better damage-wise, yes.... but perks are what make them better. I was using my Year 1 Bad JuJu for a while in the Taken King story missions, simply because when you're being attacked by enemies you tend to be wasting a lot of bullets into the empty air on, it's nice to have those last few rounds kill the thing and refill your magazine.

And it really sucks that i bought like four or five exotic armor engrams from Xur leading up to when Update 2.0 dropped, and after opening them yesterday, i didn't get a single piece of Hunter gear. :-/

13. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    I did a similar thing with my vanguard and crucible marks, hit the cap on both hoping they'd convert to the new legendary marks all I got was vanguard and crucible rep :(

14. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Taken the piss is £ 40.00 for the Fuxking whole lot compared to the £ 50.00 for vanilla not even a year ago https://youtu.be/sS9olPA2BK0

If you just got the game great deal , original people who bought the game from the off are in a position where there swimming in marmite, stick it up there flammable money pit, or just wait ten years.......... and by the complete edition which will have many versions and spend your money on other games which don't spend there resources on advertising, in the meantime if you live that long, totally fuxed up the people who jumped on board at the beginning with bs and then send out a taken king version with all the dlc less than the original, thanks wankers could have at least gave the original players the to for free if they bought the two dlcs but no, fu.

15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    It's the price of early adoption.

16. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    My impressions so far - first of all the story missions are awesome! They are diverse and interesting. Love how they mixed things up like playing a story mission on a MP map or on the raid locations, but also a lot of new, and cool at that, places and mechanics.

They took a lot of hints from Blizzard it seems and how they handled the expansion for Diablo 3. From how they deploy a massive patch before the expansion, to the better storytelling, to mixing thing up, down to the fact that
    fighting the last boss is exactly the same as fighting Diablo, but in first person mode lol.

It feels like a total reset for people like me, that have played a lot from day one, leveled up all three classes plus their sub-classes and collected almost all the exotic gear though. Hate to see half of that gear turning into collection items, but now at least there is so much more to find and it feels strange to be excited about a rare or legendary drop again. Also the whole quest system is cool and gives you a lot to do and aim for.

One thing I did not like much, was that leveling to 40 was way too fast. IMO they could have easily made the cap at 50. Don't think much has changed in terms of the level system - you level up fast to the soft cap and then again you need the better gear for your light level.

All in all so far it seems the game progressed in the right direction and the expansion was worth the hefty price tag.

17. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    I love how people keep somehow complaining that it's apparently cheaper to buy The Taken King Legendary Edition to get vanilla, both previous expansions, and The Taken King.... than it was to buy Destiny at launch. Yes.... you're getting the full game, plus all 3 expansions. But how many games do YOU know of that are full price a year later? What... you want each and every iteration of the game to be released with it's price tag, plus the full price of every version before it? So that we're up to the point where buying the game could cost someone WELL into the hundreds of dollars range?

(at launch) Destiny Collectors Edition = $70 USD (iirc), which included the expansion pass.
    The Taken King Legendary Edition = $60 USD.
    (CURRENT individual prices) Destiny = $20 expansions + $35 (w/expansion pass) + $40 TTK. = $95 USD.

I'm sorry.... but i don't see the problem with charging a standard price for a game where the bulk of the content was released a year or so ago. I'd MUCH rather have them do that than charge an insane amount of money that people wouldn't WANT to pay , thus inherently shooting themselves in the foot by cutting off their player base. It's not like Destiny is the first and only game EVER to have this sort of pricing method. In fact... just about EVERY game that has had DLC has had this same release pattern. Release the standard game. Over the course of a year or so release some extra DLC. Then, release the game again with all the DLC bundled in for the same usual launch price of a game. Borderlands comes to mind instantly. Same with the more recent Mortal Kombat. Call of Duty has done it. Battlefield, too. It's not as uncommon as people seem to make it appear to be. WHY Destiny is the only game I've ever seen this kind of thing being complained about is beyond me.

Long story short, boodikon, if YOU didn't own the game before, and were thinking about trying it out, would you even CONSIDER purchasing the game if it were nearly $100 USD (£65)? I sure as hell know i wouldn't.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  18. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    I have purchased many games over my lifetime but there's something about destiny that just pisses me off and I'm not the only one, I have never had this feeling from any game ever.

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    Bungie never even offered players a discount. That to me is a smack in the face for all those who have been playing since the start. Anyone who thinks Bungie cares about it's playerbase is kidding themselves. But you do get a year 1 emblem though.....

20. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Not sure if it is Bungie or Activision you need to be pointing your fingers at. As I’m in a roll with the Blizzard (Activision-Blizzard) comparisons – I can’t remember seeing their games on a sale or offering discounts, ever. Same goes for most high profile so called AAA games.

In the case of Destiny I think that the reason a lot of people are pissed at the pricing, is that the vanilla game and the two DLSs were very light on content. If you were satisfied with the content I bet you would have been OK with the price of the expansion.

I have 400h in the past year so I think I got my monies worth, especially given that I paid 33 euro for the DLC pass and got the original game free, because it was a bundle. So 40 more seems OK.