1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Destiny

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT 840M
    £40 is going to be the cheapest price you are going to find.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, already had a look around, it seems to be the cheapest around £40, Amazon have it for £42 so might just get it from there.

Just played the game for the first time in ages and decided to roll a new character, wen't with a Titan this time. Got myself through the very first bit and onto the Tower and yeah, all the memories came back, what an awesome game, the shooting is the best in any shooter this side of y2k.

Question, will the leveling experience for new characters (1-34) be the same now with patch 2.0 as it will be with TTK? Or will TTK add some cutscenes etc? Or is everything already in place with 2.0? Would hate to go to 34 now just to realize that TTK adds a lot of story elements and such.

3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT 840M
    The only differences would be added dialog from your ghost, a cleaner UI and other minor changes.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Cool, thanks mate. One last thing, if I buy TTK legendary edition on PSN now, will I gain access to the 2 already released DLCs straight away or only when TTK unlocks?

5. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    You'll get the 2 DLC packs straight away I'd of thought.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    That's what I thought. I will just pre purchase TTK from PSN tonight, then trade in MGSV and Destiny to cover 90% of it's cost.

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    The biggest negative is no more Peter Dinklage as the voice of the Ghost.:puke2:

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    From what I'm reading around the net, a lot of people didn't like him.

9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I like Nolan North a lot less.

10. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Well they are all wrong.

11. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT 840M
    I admit that I thought that Dinklage sounded bored or forced at times. I couldn't imagine playing Destiny without hearing his voice. Nolan North sounds horrible. Personally I won't be playing anymore. It has been fun, but £40 for an expansion when I have already spent £80 is boarding on robbery.

12. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    To me, it's worth it. I mean... it IS quite a bit of content being added (at least a fair bit more than both of the other expansion packs). After playing the Black Ops 3 beta, I've already decided that i'm passing on that, so i have even more money freed up (except that i've already put whatever money i had on the pre-order of BO3 onto a pre-order of Star Wars: Battlefront)

And yea... those are two points i have to agree on. They absolutely NAILED the firing mechanics of the game. Not only a lot of unique guns in how they handle and what they look like, but the sound of them is awesome, too. I also really wish they didn't ditch Dinklage. I think he just had a more suitable voice for the game. Even just comparing it with EVERY OTHER voice in the game... Nolan North just sounds a little.... dare i say feminine? Even the female roles in the game don't seem to have as high of a voice as he does as the Ghost. lol.

I just REALLY hope that the Nightstalker's Super ability isn't as easily to give the middle finger to as the Hunter's OTHER two Super abilities are. Gotta love when you just activated your super, only to be taken out by a shotgun blast, sniper to the face, or any other super. "Ooh look, there's a Titan... *cut him with Arc Blade just as he starts to use Fist of Havoc* *cut him again* *cut him again*.... oh look, i'm the only one dead."

13. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    My main concern is how quickly I'll get through the new content, engame Destiny has never been enjoyable, a year on, and still no Raids under my belt.

14. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723

But Raids ARE the endgame!

15. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    And that's the problem, without a team to play with there is no end game.

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    got email from SONY

saying my preorder is canceled due some list of reasons. but my credit card is working. to proof that i bought game last night lol.

and the thing is Taken KING is preordered status in my PSN. wtf man?

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Playing my titan, what a game. Jumping mechanics alone in Destiny are so much fun. And the combat is pure gold. Don't know why other shooters can't copy Destiny combat, it's so good.

18. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    Yea. Maneuverability without being over the top crazy.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I think Bungie deserve a ton of credit here for how engaging the combat is. Everything from the weight of movement and jumping, to shooting, dodging, reloading etc... It's all just do perfectly executed. Some of the moments are insane, you leap high up, spray a few bullets, land, melee a couple of enemies, then shoot a few more... By now your health is low so you take cover and reload... Then relocate and carry on progressing through the map.

Everything just feels perfect when playing this game. Even melee combat, I usually stay away from it in shooters, but in Destiny it has so much weight, love punching the fallen in the throat.

Awesome game. Sure, the story telling could be better, the story itself could be delivered better, the missions could be more varied. But I simply don't care, because as soon as I'm in the thick of it, it's the most fun shooter I've played in years. Such a gem.

20. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Yeah, I was playing mostly shooters from 1994 to about 2005. At that point I really started to get bored with them and the new wave of the military shooters came in, so I haven’t really played much FPSs until Destiny. Man this game got me back in the FPS hard. Sure it has it flaws, but they are not in the pure gameplay/shooting part. That is executed perfectly. And dare I say, having the feel and feedback of the controller makes it even better, but I may be shot with a 6k DPI mouse on this forum for such talk lol.

Can’t wait to finish work today and start exploring all the new stuff. Wondering which of my characters to level up first. I love my hunter the most, but find that the warlock is more of a badass class overall. Titan usually is my last pick.