Destiny

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3
    Hopefully this time we can get a 6 man fire team for raids. Looking to complete the Crota's End raid. Or the Vault of Glass. If anyone is interested post here.

2. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    I am but im not sure when I play

3. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Count me in for some raid action. I'm free most Fridays and Saturdays, but if you see me online just throw me an invite.

4. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    I'm in also for friday or saturday.

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3
    Both days are good for me too. Should be able to get at least 4 people raiding, then possibility 2 more from elsewhere if need be.

6. Deasnutz

Deasnutz Member Guru

GPU:
    Titan X 12GB
    So, this game is like a FPS version of card collecting? Very little reason other than that to replay right?

7. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Think of it as a FPS version of Diablo – mindlessly kill the same mobs over and over again in hopes of getting better loot. Also there is great PvP. All this in glorious audio/visual/mechanical presentation. (I love it lol!)

8. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    @boodikon did you leave yesterday because of frustration or because you just had to go? I was very surprised to hear that in all this time you spend with the game you haven’t tried the Nightfall. We managed to do it only the two of us after you left. BTW in Nightfall if all three members of the fireteam die – it is back to orbit.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  9. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Yeah I had to go, that was the first time I played a nightfall strike I thought it would be the same as a strike when you click on the vanguard through the planet screen, I didn't realise it would be more difficult and no respawn, now I know I will be more cautious in my approach also I don't play crucible just daily bounties and strikes.

10. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    I see. No worries. The Nightfall is the hardest because it has many modifiers and also that wipe/reset thing if all die, but the drop is worth it. I got five exotic weapons from it in the past, but yesterday was crap. We did it two times with different characters and no one got any exotics, only so not so good legendries.

11. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Well..... who'da thought. Got bored and decided to do a little of the Vanguard Roc (Lvl 26) playlist after loading up the game to get my nice legendary heavy weapon x-mas gift. First strike mission to play through, there were only two of us (Which seems all too common with those playlists) playing the Valus Ta'Aurk, or however the hell it's spelled, strike. Played through it, and NEVER.... in a MILLION YEARS would i have expected to not only get a decoherent engram reward, but also THE 4TH HORSEMAN! What the hell?! The only other exotics i have are Suros Regime and the one Hunter exotic chest piece that i can't remember the name of right now..... both of which i had to spend hard earned Strange Coins on..... and now i play a Strike that's not even part of the DLC and get THAT!?!?!

12. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Cheers! Yesterday I did two 26lvl strikes with a friend and he got a purple engram that turned into the Universal Remote exotic, primary shotgun! I have a lot of exotics, but none of them from engrams or strike playlist.

Also Iron Banner is returning on the 13th for anyone that is interested.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  13. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    All i can say is the one thing that STILL pisses me off the most about the multiplayer aspect is how abso-f*cking-lutely overpowered the Titan's ground smashy special thing is. Can't shoot him to death in the middle of doing it. Can't jump into the air to avoid getting damaged by it. Can be performed even when only 2 feet off the ground and still kill every damn thing.

It should either only affect things on the ground, or only be usable with enough of a drop in altitude.

edit: Even BETTER! Hunter Arc Blade super can't even kill a Titan mid-super-smash. So we can't kill them from the time they start their smash til after they f*ck us.... but anything and their mother can screw over a Hunter .01 seconds after the super is initiated..... makes sense.

edit #2: and i will say.... lag does some seriously weird things in this game. Was just playing a round in the Iron Banner. Basically everyone on the enemy team aside from one person's ping was in the red. Came upon this one guy shooting my teammates from up in a tunnel. Blink Strike'd him in the back... and i have the stat set so that it does extra damage from behind, which is pretty much a guaranteed 1-hit kill. The strike made contact... next thing i know he's gone. I spent a good 3-4 seconds looking for him. Next thing i know, that very guy fires a rocket at me, killing me, THEN he dies and i get credit for the melee kill. now how the hell?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  14. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Yeah the Titan super is so OP it is ridiculous. I was killed by it even though I ran around the corner and was, at least in theory, behind a wall. And that’s a real strange lag anomaly you had there lol. I’ve seen some weird stuff, but not as bad as that.

We did the Nightfall yesterday with Ghosty and a friend of mine. Again it seems easier that the Heroic due to that Arc burn. That is a second or third week in a roll I get only crappy legendries from both my chars. Where is that damn Hawkmoon?! I need it to complete the holy trinity of Hand Cannons lol!

Also got my third char – a Titan, to level 20 yesterday and then to 27 (almost 28) as I had gear waiting for him. Will have to try the Nightfall with him one more time this week.

15. kbozz71

kbozz71 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Got to disagree on the Titan smash being too overpowered. I've been killed mid-animation many times trying to crush an entire team at a control point. Also, the Fists of Havoc is one and done, like the Warlock Nova bomb. Now, Blade Dancer is just whacked. If you miss with Nova or Fists, tough $hit, but a Blade dancer can empty an entire room in just a couple of seconds. Yes, I know you can kill a Blade dancer during the super, but most times you never have the chance.

16. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    You may be right. It seems OP when you are on the receiving end lol! I’m yet to try my Titan in PvP so I can’t be sure until then. I’m playing as a Defender subclass at the moment and haven’t even started to level up the Striker, so I can’t try it yet. As for the Bladedancer – I suck with it. That blink srike and teleport are too disorientating for me and I get killed most of the times before doing any damage.

17. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Pretty much the only chance you have of clearing a whole room with Arc Blade is if you charge unexpectedly into a room. You can't really use it as a strategy in most scenarios, because anything that would require a plan usually has a wall of enemy gunfire waiting just around the corner.

And yes... it is somewhat possible to kill a titan mid-animation, but it takes a LOT. I mean what the hell.... ONE slash of Arc Blade is usually enough to kill, but I hit a titan who was mid animation with it TWICE, and it didn't kill him.

18. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    I find it really difficult to get any enjoyment out of the PVP in Destiny after 10 years of playing Unreal Tournament 2004, think I just prefer longer encounters and more weapon variety than most PVP games provide these days.

19. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Humm I think that PvP experience in Destiny is the closest to the UT in ages. Given the amount of weapon/class/subclass/skills combinations I think it provides even more variety. But that’s just me. I’m far from good at it, but then again I’m not good at UT either.

20. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Although I agree there's a lot of variety, it's not like you can really switch between all the weapons or subclasses mid fight, which is something I like about UT, actually having to pickup weapons and armour instead of picking a load out pre match.

Still, I've probably played more PvP in Destiny than any other recent console shooter so it can't be that bad :D