Destiny on PC in March 2015 ?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Kezen, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I hope this is true. Until then, I'll be enjoying it on my PS4.

3. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    My apologies but this seems fake. No one reporting on this, no links, no proof, nothing.

I can't find anything suggestive in the Steam database and SOMEONE would have made a screenshot or something.

This is most likely fake, sorry guys. I'm as disappointing as you are. :(

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Didn't figure it was real.
    Activision are putting all their faith in this being a hit on consoles. It's where all of their effort is focused... a PC version wouldn't even be something on their minds now.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    is ps4 worth buying yet? I'm kinda itching to buy one but I don't see any games that are worth it :/

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Personally, my rule of thumb... if there's less then 5 exclusive titles for the system that I'm interested in, it's not worth it.

I've bought a console in the past for like one or two games, got the games... played them, and never touched the system again.
    Since, if there's 5 to 10 titles for the system that I can only play on it... yeah, I'd consider it okay to grab.

But right now, PS4 has Uncharted 4 coming next year. And that's it for me.
    Xbox One... Remedy's new game. That's it.
    Neither system have anything going for them in my eyes.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Game looks borring and meh at best for what ive seen so far.

I want No Mans Sky.

8. PhazeDelta1

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Sure. It was worth it for Killzone and Infamous Second Son

9. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    With the current state of some of the ports the PC is receiving recently I'm actually enjoying playing multiplats on my PS4, the convenience alone has made it worth it for me, plus the PSN freebies have been great so far.

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Imo, hold out until next year and by then we'll probably get wind of a PS4 slim or refresh being in the works and after my experience with the 360 launch model, theres no way im buying a launch version console again.

As for games, currently there are far too few of them and even though those few games (the Sony exclusives) are some of my fav IPs, Id end up finishing them within a few days to a week and that then leaves me nothing until next year as i prefer to play multiplats on pc since its cheaper.

Edit: Though come to think of it, there haven't been any reports of new gen consoles overheating or RROD'ing etc, has there?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014

11. Hristi

Hristi Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 2GB
    Kdramastars is link bait site. People should know better about this.

12. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    ^^this!

I still dont see any breathtaking PS4 exclusives either atm. Destiny, Uncharted, etc - nice to have, but not for this amount of money.

I only heard of chinese students sabotaging the building process of the first PS4s to protest against their working conditions. 60% failure rates as a result.
    Again, NEVER buy the 1st wave of a new console. Never ever!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    funny how people spread such garbage, i mean 60% ??? WTF ??

14. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    A friend of mine told me this, its official. He's the manager of a telepoint store. They got about 20 PS4s and 18 were returned with failures, about 1 month time for replacements for each.

Way to go Sony.

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Sorry, but i find it hard to believe this. Sure there are failure rates , but no way its 60%. Out of all the people i know who have a ps4 , there is no one with a failure.

Sounds more like news to bad mouth Sony, as some have a deep hate for them, and will grasp at anything to say something bad.

16. PhazeDelta1

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Failure rates are to be expected. From what I understand Sony sold like 7mil units. Even if 10% were doa, which is highly unlikely, 700K dead units out of 7mil is an acceptable number. Which Sony could easily make back up later down the road.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Same here. Alpha was excellent and I'm looking forward to trying the beta in a couple of weeks.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Destiny come to PC. This game reputedly cost $500 million to make so the more formats the game ships on then the more likely it is that Activision will make their money back!

18. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
  19. PhazeDelta1

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Yup. Considering the PS4 is the fist console I have owned since the PS2, this game took a while to get use to. Especially since I'm so used to playing FPS games with a mouse and keyboard. Once I got the hang of it, it was smooth saling. I really enjoyed the Alpha and I can only imagine what the beta is going to bring. But if there's a slight chance this is coming to PC, I'm all for it. It's a day one pre-order for me.

20. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    If I can hold-shoot and the game has auto-leveling, then I'd consider playing it, but all in it looks boring and too 'instanced' as a game.

planetside2 is free, works, has people playing, is established and basically is the title to beat in this regard.

It's not hard to spend $500 million on a game, but doesn't mean it'll be any good - but having a hype machine with another $500 million to promote the game will make it a success.

With enough money, any game can be a success. Films work the same way, look at Man of Steel for example - when I watched it I thought 7/10, but with each passing day that score lowers to the point now when I think it's 3/10. The film had a $250 million market budget, but only took $291 million at the box office.

They would have made more money if they put the money in the bank and accrued interest.

I'm gonna say I think Destiny might fall into the same bracket, it'll make money, lots of people will play it, but when it comes down to it they would make more by putting it in a bank.