Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    fluidz likes this.
  2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Destiny 2 is 35 % off in Battle.net atm (Black Friday deals) for anyone wanting the game. Including myself :)

(there's also a deal in GMG but the standard edition is out of stock atm at least).

3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    35 % off Already? lol..

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Well it's a short sale over the weekend, after which MSRP will resume I guess.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The game can be picked up for £26.90 over on GreenManGaming if anyone still wants this game (vs. the £29.xx with the 35% discount direct from Blizzard).

I was almost tempted myself just to check out the visuals but this honestly isn't really the kind of game I'd enjoy as I find competitive online games tedious as a whole. I prefer to play solo for the story only. Is this game worth it for that? Can it be played solo and completed? Is the story better than the first game on consoles (I found the original extremely disappointing when it came to the story-telling which was pretty much non-existent outside of collectibles and voice-overs, although the combat was great as you'd expect from the developers of the Halo franchise).

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ it was out of stock at GreenManGaming last I checked...

7. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    I picked up a copy off eBay for £20.

There is a few people selling nVidia promo keys, need a 1080 or 1080ti to redeem.

Glad I did, I’m streaming it to my Shield TV and the game looks fantastic on a 65” Philips Ambilight TV in 4K 60fps with HDR.
    Stunning visual experience

8. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    From what I've heard it's very much a game you can just solo for the story.

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ pretty much what I intend to do, then do co-op with the end game every now and then. Plus AFAIK you can do Adventures and Lost Zones solo if you so wish?

Many reviews said that the solo / co-op is intertwined so you can drop in and out of co-op as you please or play solo.
    Raids and Strikes require a team though I think but ofc you can quickly group up with randoms too. Plus apparently you can, as a solo player, search for a team which is one person short for quick matchmaking.

From what I read this sounds very similar to The Division which is perfectly fine by me. I played 95 % of the time solo and never felt the online part was intrusive. Plus what little co-op I did it was very fun.

Destiny 2 sounds like my next time-sink-loot-grind-solo-or-coop game.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    You can solo the whole story and all adventures and patrols. The group content is public events (but there are always ppl around so you're never alone), strikes (fire team), raids and obviously PvP.

I've not finished the story of the 1st game but it's OK in the second. Nothing major but still OK.

lucidus and AsiJu like this.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Oh yeah forgot about Public Events.
    I understood they may basically happen anywhere at any time, and all the players who enter the "area" then play as a team to reach the goal?

Which I think sounds very fun actually, mix things up with a bit of spur-of-the-moment quick coop action and then resume what you were doing.

(Plus as you're always playing with random people you can think of them as NPCs or AI squadmates just as well).

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nope, just bought it :p Crazy how quick the price dropped.

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Oh, was out when I checked so bought from B.net instead... for a bit more. Should have waited a day I guess but assumed they wouldn't get / have more stock so quickly.

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Oh well, hopefully the game will be awesome for you and it won't matter ;)

I had to buy from GMG v/s Bnet because I save quite a bit thanks to the Euro/USD exchange difference. I normally buy games as a gift from the US site of Blizzard but they've region locked this game :-/

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    They happen at fixed locations and reset after a while. You can always open the Director (map) and check out a planet, see if there are any events running and fly there. Once you start shooting at whatever the event is about you are eligible for lewtz, XP and Glimmer. You get more XP/Glimmer based on your participation (afaik).

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Ok, gotcha!

First hour or so of Destiny playtime bagged and I can see why it's popular and praised. Gunplay feels excellent and the port is prime work with superb visuals.

The game would desperately need a temporal antialiasing option though, default FXAA and SMAA are virtually useless.

Using ingame SMAA + driver FXAA + res. scale 120 % atm for somewhat acceptable antialiasing @ 1080p.

Still, minor gripe. Looking forward to getting properly into grips with the game and all its systems and modes.

Plus I'll probably create two more characters with different class and replay the beginning to get a feel for each class.
    Then go on with the one I feel most at home with (started with a Titan).

First person shooter-looter is right up my alley.

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Heh ... I came to ask about the anti aliasing too! Built in one is as good as no AA. How do you take screenshots?

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Use ShadowPlay but remap the screenshot keys to Alt-F2 rather than Alt-F1 as F1 takes you to the menu.

lucidus likes this.
  19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hmm ... no other option it seems. I tried steam but it just tells me to launch the game via bnet instead lol. Lame. Maybe they're embarrassed of the fugly aliasing.

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    This was discovered:
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/redditor-finds-destiny-2-is-cheating-on-experience-gain.7779/

Which led to this:
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/bungie-releases-statment-about-the-xp-in-destiny-2.7953/