Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Oct 13, 2017.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    That sucks too. Played a lot of Division myself, mostly solo. Got a bit bored but will probably return to the game at some point.

Send Ubi a message, they should be able to verify that you didn't cheat. Some a-hole ganker probably reported you as a 'joke' and reports often mean bans, justified or not.

2. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Soo I'm playing this game, and playing, did not play Destiny 1. Not really an expert with all the upgrades and accolades and sundries. But there is deja vu feeling about this game. Something i played about 6-7 years ago. "Unreal Tournament-ish" ? The way the aliens (the badies) they die in a certain way that looks familiar.

3. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Never got any UT vibes from this. I can see from a color scheme how it's a bit familiar to UT2K3 but that's about it. The animation, to me, is leaps and bounds better than anything the UT series has put out, even the UT4 Alpha.What's your user ID? We should run through a few levels.

4. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    darrenous
    I just played two matches in Crucible... testing out... not a major fan of online anything, except The Division
    So right now I'm finishing Watchdogs 2, dabbling in Division Dark zone and just started Destiny 2- level 10

Serotonin likes this.

5. noGuruATall

noGuruATall Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 580 3GB
    So there is no MSAA option? Only FXAA or SMAA?

6. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    What you see is what you get in regards to AA options. To make up for the lack of options, your best bet is to crank up resolution scaling.

Played a good deal this weekend. I'm at level 14. It's basically like the Division - but with aliens. I liked Divisions theme more, but visually, this game is far more appeasing. Trying to hit level 20 as I keep reading that's when the game really opens up. It's a solid game. 8/10.

7. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Okay I have to admit... it is beautiful and addictive

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Sounds promising, as I'm actually wanting a Division replacement / alternative.
    Need to wait for the next paycheck, at least, though.

9. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Agreed. It took about a week for me to warm up to it and get my brain to stop comparing it to Division (since that was the first and only MMO- Shooter game I've tried and liked before D2). But now that I have adjusted, just like Division, I'm becoming a sucker/addicted to loot and finding rare equipment.

Once you get to about level 10, you start noticing the similarities such as wanting one specific type of gear for every piece you have to equip to get a higher point build or a better health conserve. The equipment manipulates both like Division so you have to find that sweet spot between them.

AsiJu likes this.
  10. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Chromatic and Film Grain, on or off?

11. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Jus wanna kill things... in a butiful alien environment

12. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    So still banned from the game. Was banned in the beta for no reason at all, and have never been banned in any game ever. Banned, and have no way of directly contacting Bungie or disputing it. So they predictably, seem much more intersted in releasing DLC than letting people actually play the game.

Here is a thread that give a good idea at the ridiculousness of the amount of people getting auto banned. And its a perma ban btw, first offense, only offense. No explanation, No warning, no customer support to inquire about the status or reason for the ban. Only way to check ban is to launch the game.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/236784484?sort=0&page=0

people getting banned after installing an update and more commonly after just playing the game. I myself still have yet to play the game since beta. Ironically I didnt even use shadowplay, even though it is explicitly allowed, because it was stated overlays were against the rules and i didnt want to get banned. I dont even care about the competitive mp, i just want the pve and singleplayer.

13. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    sorry for the late reply. had projects due. Yeah a first offense perma ban is inexcusable. Even more inexcusable when there is either, in your case, no prior complaints or instances of suspicious behavior, or in my case, it was in the beta which should have been reversed since progress was wiped and it being a beta was a test of all systems.

Serotonin likes this.
  14. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti
    is it worth to buy for a campaign?or there is there bots to play multiplayer offline?thanks

15. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Was surprised how easy it was to get my character to level 20. Stayed on Earth till hit level 20 before doing any of the story line. Wondered around and joining in on the public events, mostly looking for lost sectors. Finished up on Titan Tuesday. Love the Graviton Lance so far; bought it off of Xur. Power level 249 currently.

16. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Public events are fastest way to level up.

17. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    At full price – no. The campaign is too short and is there as a tutorial for the grind after. There is no bots on MP maps and you cannot play a second of the game offline.

@Clouseau, wow .. that is one way to do it I geuss!

18. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti

than i will wait untill the price go down by 50%percent at least.thank you for the answer

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Unfortunately yes. SMAA is the better option of the two according to me but tbh both are quite bad.

True, it's a bit sad on how much XP you get (like 2500+ or smth). I try not to do public events and instead do all adventures which are great.

I often stop to look at the scenery. I must say that they really nailed the visuals in this game and everything just looks so crisp and nice compared to the rather ugly Destiny 1 on base PS4.

20. skoolz

skoolz Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA FTW3 3090
    Anybody else still experiencing jittery mouse movement in this game? 1080 Ti.