Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by PhazeDelta1, Mar 31, 2017.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    Funny thing.... I never had the Year 1 G-horn.... and even with the Iron G-Horn.... i almost never use it. Yea, it's a nice rocket launcher... but there are other exotics i'd rather use than a rocket launcher. A few rounds and you're boned. I'd rather use machine gun like the Nemesis Star that i previously mentioned, or another nice rocket launcher and use an exotic primary or special. Nemesis Star is nice because in a pinch, it can clear a freakin room. haha

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX 1070 iChill x4
  3. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 750Ti StormX 2G
    BTW there is a new release date for PS4/Xbone – 6.9.2017, two days earlier than the previous one.

PC release on 24.10.2017

Closed beta (pre-order) from 18.7.2017 to 20.7.2017

Open beta form 21.7.2017 to 23.7.2017

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Apparently PlayStation is getting all the destiny 2 exclusives for 1 year. A lot of people are not happy about that. Of course, Bungie is getting hell for something they themselves had no control over.

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT 840M
    Same as with Destiny 1. Sony has a good partnership with Bungie. Plus the biggest userbase. They did make Halo on the Xbox, so they probably are a bit bitter still.

6. kaytau

kaytau Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060,
    It sucks that some exclusives are only available on PS4. I mean, I get that they have a good deal with Sony, but it's not fair to the others. Also, the prices are outrageous. When you sum the whole thing up it's gets to pretty high numbers. I will buy it I suppose, but I guess I will have to wait for some sale...

7. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Already got the pre-order in, spend far too long on the first one, purposely avoided the beta due to wanting to go in blind so will see how it is on release. Seems pretty positive from what I have read bar the weapon slots.

8. DaRealGuru

DaRealGuru Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 4GB
    Will not be pre-ordering this one, waiting to see how it actually plays. I really don't want to shell out $70 for a game with lackluster voice acting and combat that gets repetitive after 15 minutes.

9. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    ... doesn't combat in just about EVERY game get repetitive after 15 minutes? Seems that way to me.

Especially in regards to FPS's. Turn the corner, shoot the stuff, walk down the hallway, shoot the stuff... rinse, repeat.

anxious_f0x likes this.
  10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

11. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 750Ti StormX 2G

For the puppies!!

12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
  13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Playing right now.

Isn't the white boss like enemy smells like Bane from batman dark knight rises. Even his words. Your light is mine now. Fishy.

Anyway. Game showed me destiny 1 quests I have done. And when I enter game I think those 3 characters belongs to my destiny 1 game. I dketed one of them and started a new character.

Edit : any chance to know where are my pre order items of there were any?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  14. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    Freakin loving it so far. Only downside is not being able to play right now.

15. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Mute Destiny 2 player completes his first Nightfall after being rejected from LFG sites for not having a mic

The Destiny 2 community has shown kindness to one player who was never able to play end-game activities due to a disability.

The player in question is mute, and because of it, he would always show up as not having a mic on LFG sites. As you might imagine, this automatically made others skip by his posts, which in turn prevented him from enjoying end-game content like Nightfall strikes, and of course, the raid.

With the arrival of Destiny 2, Sons-of-N7, the Reddit user in question, decided to ask the Destiny 2 Reddit community for help. Hundreds chimed in to offer help, and a day later, Sons-of-N7 managed to run his first Nightfall. He even completed it on his first try.

Like we point out in our Destiny 2 guide, the game gives you all the tools you need to succeed, you just have to get there by putting up with a bit of grind. Although communication is key in challenging activities like the Nightfall and raid, it should all work out if every player knows what they’re doing.

[​IMG]
    With the right class choice, and a an Exotic weapon or two, everyone can sync their abilities and Supers together to do the most damage as a team.

“Being a Mute, I’ve struggled greatly in Destiny to find friends. I took a chance yesterday with that post and it paid off tremendously!” said the Reddit user in a heartfelt message.

One player invited Sons-of-N7 to his clan, and even offered to help him run through the Destiny 1 raids he missed. “We ran through the Nightfall and completed it on our first try! It was a new experience, that felt… somewhat, normalising? I would say?” he added.

Destiny 2’s first raid launches later today worldwide. Hopefully Sons-of-N7 will be among the first to experience it.

Feelgood post of the day!

lucidus likes this.

16. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    Hmm.... different situation for me. I don't use a mic because i hate talking to people over the mic. I dunno why. Just never have been a fan of voice chat. Took quite some time even for the Half-Life 2 Deathmatch clan i was in to talk me into using voice chat... and even then i still seldom used it.