1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Mar 23, 2017.

1. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    May be .. just may be, if you price a DLC as a full game and add a season pass on top of it, your users that have already been burned a few times, will actually stop buying into your bullcrap ..

2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    For that you get one free multipass. :cool:

Repo Man and cerebus23 like this.
  3. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    To be fair, Forsaken isn’t really the issue, it’s just that the base game didn’t provide much content and the first two DLC packs were over priced and mostly bad.

Forsaken improved things in almost every way but then asking people to pay yet more money to have what the base game should of been is laughable.

If you ask me, Destiny 2 as a standalone game never should of happened, no reason why most of this couldn’t of been added to the original game.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    cerebus23, lucidus and Stone Gargoyle like this.
  4. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    The problem was stated in the paragraph right after they said they failed to reengage the core destiny fanbase. Microtransactions only net you stuff that has nothing to do with game play. All they provide is emotes, shaders, and weapon ornaments. Please, all accounts launched with 1000 silver with Forsaken. Only thing I used it for was for an ornament for Whisper (since it was free). I still cannot believe people actually use real currency to purchase such items. Then again, to each their own.

5. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Reason is... OG Destiny was at a stage where it was a really good game. So it made perfect business sense to release Destiny 2 the way it was released, meaning a lot of people pre-ordered or bought the game on release. They were disappointed and ended up spending more money on DLC.

My guess is the same will happen with The Division 2. Current Division is in a really good spot, it took a long time but the game got there in the end. But my guess is The Division 2 will release with shallow content that will be patched in later, at a cost.

Sad. That is gaming. Still, could be worse, I'm looking at you, Blizzard.

anxious_f0x likes this.
  6. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  7. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    I like this game, it's pretty relaxing. In fact, my son is always pestering me to play so I'm gonna use that as an excuse to hurry up my upgrade plans. I think I'm going with a Ryzen 2700x and dump my old 2500k into another computer I have sitting around. Just gotta find a good black friday deal on a rx580 and I'll have a decent secondary rig for him to game with me.

8. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    Can someone please explain how this relates aside from a very, very thin similarity between forging weapons and baking Christmas goodies: Gathering ingredients from all over to bake goodies for "everyone" and by baking enough items a sparrow that is a cross between a traditional horse drawn sleigh and a Harley; Season of the Forge meets Suzy Homemaker. What player base are they aiming for? Aiming to entice? Aiming to keep?

9. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX GTX 1070
    Alright so total newbie here, got the game when it was free! :D

Level 6 right now, do the enemies pose a threat at some point or do they always just hang around with a 'shoot me please' sign on their heads?

Also, how do you play co-op with other randoms - do you just do the missions as you would and people join if they feel like it?

XenthorX likes this.
  10. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    The base, single player, campaign used to be needed to be completed before reaching any "End Game" activity. That being said, the only way to have someone join up on the missions with you was to be part of a clan and have them join your fireteam or just ask at the farm in local chat if anyone wanted to join up with you to help with the missions. One could also use Bungie's site, need to be logged in on the site, and use the fireteam search to create or join a group. That is still how it works.

To join up with a person, hold down the tab key and select roster at the top right. Left klick on the person you are joining and on the menu that appears on the left select join fireteam or to have them join up on you, just select invite to fireteam.

If an invite was received, all that needs to be done is press "U" to accept the invite or like above go to the Roster section and click on the envelope icon in the upper left corner. A list of invites will appear and just left click on the one you are accepting and chose accept.

During the base, single player, campaign early on the enemies do just that, they sit around with a shoot me or punch me to death sign on them. The closer to the end, they tend to be a bit smarter. The end game activities, strikes and raids the enemies will swarm you, utilize cover, and/or attempt to over power you (out shoot/damage). They are currently favoring "horde" mode-over power by sheer numbers.

What server and time zone you on? The clan I am with is called Rasputin's Nodes. We are on the America server. Leveling up used to be much easier than it currently is. Gambit is the quickest way to level up now. Completing public events is still fairly quick as well. Just whatever it takes to get Prime Engrams to drop.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018

11. scaredchimp

scaredchimp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX970 SLI
  12. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, I suspect Bungie got sick of money obsessed retards ruining their good name.

Equally, I suspect AAA thievery's days are numbered, at least in the PC space, people have had enough of these suits who know absolutely SFA about gamers or gaming.

lucidus likes this.
  13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Ah ... I'm happy for Bungie. I hope they knock D3 out of the park.

Would be funny if EA or Tencent gets them instead :p

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Would rather see them try and find a smaller publisher, that allows them to really focus on creating a solid game. And not creating a merchandising tool.

But, then again, they would need to really revamp and knock Destiny 3 out of this world.
    I have not enjoyed either of the previous two. The potential is there, but the execution is crap.

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    A reboot would be quite nice actually ... I couldn't even get myself to finish the campaign.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Wow.... that's really big news, hopefully now Bungie can now get back to making awesome video games instead of being a tool for ActiBlizzard *____*

cerebus23 likes this.
  17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea this is huge no hints of this, but they and activision are splitsville.

Will be intersting to see how their next offering goes, where they get financing? how they distribute it. How will the game $$$ stuff change if at all? Will they even stay indy or jump bed to EA or ubisoft preferring to be under a overlord?

18. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    The campaign itself does indeed suck. Then they killed off the only character that brought life to the game only to reveal that Uldren Sov was resurrected by an unknown ghost.

The "end" game activities is where the fun is at. Heck as an easter egg there is a code to be located and input before starting the last wish raid in which grunt birthday party effects were added for head shots. Some may think it is too little too late but the affects of the split where already at play way before this announcement.

19. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    "$100 million investment from NetEase"

Werent they behind immortal?

Must go grab a phone for immortal and bungies new game now i guess

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Sigh.... really?... there goes my excitement if true.