1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Mar 23, 2017.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I assume the game will have dlc or a expansion like the first, and if like the first you only have the base game then you are in one of those games with the userbase is splintered, a reason i think EA just gave everybody access to the premium pack for BF1 as it must be quite apparent by now that splintering your online userbase is not a good idea.

cerebus23 likes this.
  2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Actually... it would be "Thank you Activision".
    I know, that sounds dirty to say... but, it is what it is.

3. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Well, spent some time with the game this morning.
    And... so far... mixed reactions. I was instantly put off because the game goes directly into the campaign when you start. I've always hated games that do that... go to the damn menu. Let me change settings, controls, all that before starting.

Also, yeah, not being able to pause the game is a terrible design.

But, the combat is pretty fun. Even if (so far) enemy variety is pretty thin. But grenades, melee, guns... they all work very well. And are fun to use.
    And visually the game looks great (at times). Good texture work, particles... and the level design has, mostly, been solid. But, I made it out to a base camp in the forest... and it... looks less good. The opening section looked great. But, this area looks a bit barren and empty. And the AA is horrible.

4. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I see, thanks! For now I'm just gonna go with the flow and see what the games like, I played a few hours yesterday in coop with the missus and we both liked it, though I found the Crucible to be a totally imbalanced mess at low levels even though the game says that everyone will be on the same level stat wise. Could of course just be a case of me being a noob and not knowing the maps and the fact that I was drunk as a skunk on vodka but the way I remember it, I was totally awesome and everyone else were cheating!

XP-200 likes this.

5. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970
    Odd never asked me to do that. I saw the option was there and there was a skip button.

6. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Claimed yesterday, running solid at 4K. But if you look into the details you realize it's fairly low polycount overall, fairly similar in term of 3D optimization as what you could find in Overwatch.
    Hopefully the art direction is great, so is the experience !

I might get bored of killing waves after waves tho. Lack of overlays support is a bit.. weird.

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    is it bad... that when I saw the big baddies of the game... I started laughing and instantly thought of these guys from Fifth Element...
    [​IMG]

I can't take them seriously now.

XenthorX, cerebus23 and XP-200 like this.
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    I could never take destiny 1 or 2 seriously myself. :p

But 5th element is one of my guilty pleasures movies if it is on i will watch it drooling on myself.

KissSh0t likes this.
  9. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    To have access to Leviathan raids, you'll need to complete the original campaign through defeating Ghaul. Curse of Osiris was awful, the second expansion War Mind offered up a lot more. Gaining access to Escalation Protocol requires completion of War Mind campaign. Gaining access to the Dreaming City and new raids and the Well requires finishing the Forsaken campaign. Quickest way to level up now is through pvp, used to be puplic events. Unfortunately new arrivals have missed out on some cool timegated weapons no longer available. Still one month left to grind for Redrix's Broadsword and Luna's Howl. Once Season five starts those two weapons will no longer be attainable. Redrix's Broadsword is quite the grind through pvp to obtain. Whisper quest required a good three person team to finish when first available...now attempting with a higher light level has made is attainable for any three person team willing to attempt it (still best sniper in game).

Need a good active clan to make the after game activities worthwhile. Going on pvp in six man rat king squads is a blast with the right group. (Time limit on nightfall was removed so rat king is available for anyone who goes for it).

10. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I took a break from Destiny 2 right after finishing Curse of Osiris (First ever expansion). I wasn't impressed by the expansion and just the overall work they were doing on the game. Fast forward to post-Forsaken expansion, and damn did they change everything big time...... for better. I am loving everything about the game now, it finally feels like a full release. I recommend anyone on the edge to give this a try, with Forsaken included obviously

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    I bought thr full game on bundle but i don t feel completing the campaign simply because all i hear no one is playing this game, that it is not what they expected and such

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Because people that played destiny felt destiny 2 was destiny 1.5.

Instead of taking what worked changing what did not work they seems to just redo destiny one. And make some aspect of the game WORSE then destiny one.

Then they did same expansion things with both game release either meh or downright awful expansions until the 3rd or 4th expansion where they actually add some story and content and get some good reviews.

And now they had this on humble last month i think as part of the monthly sub games you got or it was on sale at heavy discount.

And now they just outright giving the game away, yea i bet player counts are in the crapper.

And next to a game like warframe that has vastly gotten better over the years and expanded the game play and game world, And did its f2p model right out the gate and stuck to it. destiny comes off as a overhyped underdelivering bad joke, nm its groundhog day sequel.

And soon anthem will be competing for destiny players, and i do not expect that to be any good, but this style of game is getting more competition.

lucidus likes this.
  13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I never played destiny1 so I didnt find it lame or same old.. but the repetitive stuff is a bit meh..

it can be ok in short bursts though. Just like the divison.

14. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    The issue imo is that they are still trying too hard to appeal to the casual gamer. Leveling up is still too easy. Hence one is able to obtain max level in just a few hours. Then once all is accomplished one just sets it aside and waits for the next new event to arrive. If they wanted constant numbers, they needed to appeal to a different target audience. Rumor has it that D3 is going to be heavier with RPG elements. So maybe third time is the charm.

It's like in my previous post, now that higher levels are achievable then when the original objectives were released, they have now spat in the faces of everyone that had skill to get through all of it at a lower level. Base game is a joke now. One is able to face the initial final boss fight now at the current max level 50 with 600 light level gear. When originally out it was level 20 and 200 level gear. This leveling is all doable in just a week or two. Only thing worth while that separates one player from another are the random perks on the weapons and armor. The point to the grinding...waiting to get that god rolled item.

Playing with a good group of people is so important. It is the interactions with one's clan mates that make the situation bearable once the core campaigns are finished. Some individuals get a bit lit over the mechanics but that is just them; adds spice to the game at times.

15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Proud 5th Element fan here <- :D

Only thing that bother me with Destiny 2 so far, is that i feel i could walk forward avoiding every mob and still complete everything

cerebus23 likes this.

16. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I don't know the hard numbers, but I never had trouble finding players to play with, and last time I played was last night.

I agree with them messing up Destiny 2 at launch, but they have come a long way. I am not going to hate on the game forever, especially when they are fixing and improving things constantly. As usual though, it's hard to please everyone.

I tried Warframe. Cool animation and weapon system, but the visuals, story, and the way its world is setup is okay at best. Zero immersion. The two can't be compared, for me at least. I am still tracking the game to see if anything noteworthy is brought in to the mix.

Looking forward to Anthem though. It is EA, so I have to be careful.

I think you are missing the point of the whole speedy leveling process. Bungie didn't design the game where you are spending majority of your time leveling. The end game is the goal. At least that's how I see it.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  17. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    It's beyond that, when you make anything reliant on forced grouping, you are going to severely limit your player base.

For example, I do not play anything in random groups, too much raging and other assorted bullshit which is not what I want to deal with when I am just trying to relax.

Too many dullards treat gaming as if it is a 'life or death' situation, this is why Bungie made D2 so accessible to solo players, because they know that many people do not want to be forced to group with potentially unsavory players.

All that is really needed is for difficulty to scale properly according to how many people are doing x instance and at what proficiency, but the problem with that is that nine times out of ten, the elitist twats that play in groups (not all group players, a certain demographic of them) will start moaning that the solo players can get the same loot that they can (which really does not matter outside of PvP).

18. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Should really get a Guru3D clan setup, we had one for the first game on PS4 but they didn’t carry over to D2.

Its still like playing with randoms, but at least there’s some commonality and respect there.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    AsiJu and BangTail like this.
  19. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    I am not talking about levels as levels 1-50 but light levels. The grind has been too easy to obtain max level gear. Prime engrams have been dropping like candy. Plus have not experienced a lack of Forsaken exotics. Had three drop the first week. Now that they changed the drop rate, have added two more (in order of appearance).
    • Ursa Furiosa
    • Two Tailed Fox (still partial to Sins of the Past)
    • One-Eyed Mask (love this thing)
    • Antaeous Wards
    • Trinity Ghoul
    Guest Exotics
    • Ace of Spades
    • Chaperone
    Do not get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy the game. Otherwise would not have invested all the time I have so far. At least the Wish Ender quest is available again this week. After that, time to level my hunter up or start a warlock (which the game is biased towards currently); that new super...there's no running or hiding from it. Love and hate it all at the same time.

shoja likes this.
  20. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Ah my apologies! Thought you were talking about 1-50 leveling. I agree with the power leveling bit, it's too easy. I think it takes away from the satisfaction of finally hitting that certain power level after going through a challenging ordeal. They could work on that for sure, but even that I realize was probably done on purpose. The game really caters to the casual gamers like myself. Life and work takes a huge chunk of my daily time, so I don't have enough time to game like I used to, so there are very few games that attract me. I look for games that respects my limited time, and gives me great flexibility. Destiny 2 definitely makes that list for me :)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    BangTail likes this.