Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    I know this Vex Offensive is just like a seasonal event but man is it starting to get stale! Currently trying to dig deep for the willpower to complete the weekly quest which I'm sure will reward me with something that's 5 light levels lower than what I got. It wouldn't be so bad if they at least had 2 or 3 different maps.

2. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Recluse and mountaintop are legendries that are better than any exotic that could fit in those slots. This allows one to have an exotic in the heavy/power slot if desired.

Having the catalyst completed on riskrunner really takes that weapon up a notch.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  4. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    Yea I'm working on the Recluse but not sure if I can tryhard my way through solo comp queue to fabled, gonna try though!.

5. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Brave man ..

Repo Man likes this.
  6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Tried the multiplayer for the first time... and... damn.. some people are so powerful, they can just hit you with one bullet and you are dead, and some can just do sword attack and take out an entire team pretty much in a second... wtf..

One guy I saw running at me and there was electricity flying everywhere.. just crazy.. a lot of the time I couldn't tell how I died lol.

I was doing capture the flag, still not sure what most of the mode names mean.

Figured out how to upgrade weapons, that was kinda cool.

7. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Seems like you were hit by some supers lol. You should know that in PvP the game does some kind of leveling all people to about the same power, so it does not become a wreckfest. And even the most powerful guns cannot kill you with one shot (with the exception of some power weapons like rocket launchers and fusions). The Control mode would be my recommendation for first timers to feel the flow of the game.

Haven’t really played PvP since Shadowkeep, but now supers should be toned down a bit and people in supers should be more vulnerable, so you have a fighting chance against them, but for the most part I would imagine it is gonna be a steep learning curve for new players, given that some of us have been on it for five years.

KissSh0t likes this.
  8. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    If I remember correctly it was possible to one-shot people with some handcannons and well placed headshots.

9. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    I recall my first games, I was in the same boat as you but now I'm holding my own and consistently doing well. My advice is, try again and then.... try again! It takes a while to figure out what guns suit your play style along with learning the maps. It can be annoying to get 1 shotted by a super but dont forget you got one too. Also don't even think about competitive PVP seriously until you got some proper experience under your belt and even then it can make you break things around the house.

Basically just play, play and play!

PS. Noob admission of the day: I keep forgetting to hit X while airborne for whatever that special move is because I'm obviously dumb!

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Finally got a bow and arrow and it is so satisfying to use... draw, release, draw, release.... trying to get perfect shots with it is just simply fun.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    millibyte and Repo Man like this.

11. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    I've been mainly using the Go Figure pulse rifle, its such a satisfying gun to use, so much so that I decided to Masterwork it. Possibly wasted some mats tbh as the roll on it isn't even that great but I just love it and it gets me results in pvp.

12. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Duel OC 8
    Yeah go figure is pretty good. Misfit is also a really good weapon. Then you have the Hammerhead Machine gun.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Are there cheaters in this game?

Last night I tried some of the co-op missions where you are teamed with other players against npc, and one of the players I was teamed with was killing some of the most powerful npc instantly... like seriously instantly.. one of the big bosses took me a few minutes to beat on a past match and in the one with the player I think was cheating it was just instantly dead the second he shot it.

Also, one co-op game that looked like it had already been going for a little while before I had joined had a player going in small circles and shooting every 3 seconds, just against a wall... I ignored him and went on ahead trying to get to the boss, then once I got to it that player of course gets transported to where I am, and he was still just going around in circles shooting every three seconds...

One funny moment was getting up to one of those large gloawing spheres and my teamate just put down a glowing table and chair behind a pillar and just sat there... and I'm like wtf how do I beat this sphere xD

[​IMG]

14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    You could have checked his gear by going to Roster at the menu and inspect his inventory. Maybe he used one of those exotic Snipers where when you hold the fire button you emtpy your whole mag and doing a hdmg shot and maybe he did a headshot, i dunno about cheaters....but i think thats not impossible as also for the player shooting at walls :D

By gloawing sphere you mean orb-of-light? Where you gain super energy for example (and othet things depending on your build). Hmm, doesnt seem like it when you say you tried to "get up to one of those".

Im also doing a "sit" emoticon before hitting i or F1 to inspect my inventory or chilling at certain points, at the landscape. :D but i only have a glowing seat. ;)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Its great, i mastered mine (Subtle calamity ) with lvl10forge and wow!

It was great before, but now it even loads faster and more accurate.. lvl9 vs lvl10.

Took me a while though, had it since lvl 500 or so, finally getting enough cores etc to make it happen.

Also just got exotic trace rifle (coldheart) yesterday and that is interesting too, especially if you shoot it in short bursts.

Edit: we had a lunch break too xD

[​IMG]

My chair was invisible for that moment, but sure looked funny and cool lol

KissSh0t likes this.

16. kbozz71

kbozz71 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    What do I have to do to get a machine gun in this game??

17. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Duel OC 8
    I forgot, it's a black forge weapon though... Hammerhead.. It's a mf'n beast though.. I have it leveled up to masterwork 8

18. kbozz71

kbozz71 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Ah, looks like I'll be giving ADA-1 a visit, thanks.

19. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    ^You can get the Edgewise MG by doing the Vanguard Ritual Quest from Zavala. It's got a 900 rpm and has Rampage and Feeding Frenzy. Plus it's already masterworked when you get it. I like it as much as my MW Hammerhead with Rampage and Feeding frenzy.

Also just got Monte Carlo. Sweet little auto rifle.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I'm not sure what they are called hehe.. the big metal circle enemy that shoot laser type things, it turned out I had to pick up a glowing circle thing and hit the big circle enemy with it so it's shield went away.