1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Mar 23, 2017.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Cool, I've send you PM :)

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    I'm not into PvP :) I've tried it on a few occasions but since there's only hardcore fans left playing, the skill level is very high so as a noob or casual I don't stand a freakin chance :D Same as in Gambit I presume which after all is PvP with PvE element (the invasion thing). I've never heard of Legendary missions though, only Heroic Daily but I guess that's not what you're referring to right?

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    nah most crucibal is lvl locked, no advantage - only by competitive.

Gambit, is mostly PVE, who ever kills the main boss first - Prime evil., with PVP in the mix, actually its very good.
    Only 1 player at the time can hunt other team down, and even then you're limited to 30sec :D

Yes heroic but you get legendary gear etc, same with those crucibals and gambits. Vanguard has more daily with such gear, then there are those levithian raids, and what not :D

I lvl'd up really quick from 500 to 600, idk maybe 10-15hrs?

Yes by normal strikes you get crappy gear, mostly 390-520 or so.. rare near 590.. but by such missions or envasions - Mars, tangled shore I got really fancy drops

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Exactly, no gear/level advantage so their advantage is experience. These guys never miss!

Ok, I didn't know it was more PvE than PvP, thought it was the other way around :)

5. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    Not saying the clan I am in is the best, the main active members, six of us, have now gotten bored with the game and waiting for the new season. Season of the Drifter was stupid. We all have the pinnacle weapons except: two members have Luna, 1 has mountain top (way op like outbreak), and all of us have Outbreak. 2 have anarchy (best grenade launcher in the game if one know how to use it). Zero Hour heroic (Jotun and Riskrunner are great on this) is all we have been doing the last two weeks to get progress on the catalyst. (Rasputin's Nodes: North American servers). We are all lvl 700 on at least two characters. Have not played my Titian in a long time. Hunter flying was fun while it lasted. Been getting the 500 kills at the forges on my own from time to time. Just have Threat Level @ Burgusia and Izanagi's burden @ Izanami left to complete.

Zero Hour with it being timed to getting competed within 20 minutes is a challenge. Getting is finished in 15 minutes to get the emblem is doable but tough. We all have the emblems and still screw up from time to time.

EDIT: It is sad that they are bringing back all the D1 weapons and nurfing existing ones to make room for the reskinned content. Plus a Hive raid on the leviathan makes no sense. There was plenty of hive in D1. Do not need a horde mode on the leviathan. That is what EP and Blind Well are for.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  6. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Guru3d GTX 980 G1 Gaming
    I enjoy Warframe over D2 which is sad i know but i can't help it, one is installed still and the other got deleted after leveling.

7. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    Well the new season is out and the clan voted unanimously to cease being a Destiny 2 clan. We are all waiting for MCC. Bungie has officially killed off Destiny...100% reskin from D1 and the raid in essence is a reskin of the SOS raid. Complete and utter joke. Chuck full of microtransactions; insult to injury.

EDIT: Willing to ride this out and see what's next. Appears since they lost key staff, including the guy who wrote the raids, reskinning was all they could do in a timely manor. If next installment is essentially the same, reskin yet another hoard mode, then D2 will be dead to me. So much potential...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
  9. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
  10. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I put a lot of hours into this game and then lost interest around the second DLC. I've been thinking of jumping back in after such a long break and not really enjoying the end game content in Division 2. I will certainly give this a shot when it moves to Steam. Heck, even though I paid for it, I'll purchase a few things in-game if they have such options just to support the developer for doing this. Very cool.

shoja likes this.

11. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    Going forward it looks to be a modular pricing theme (ala cart). So F2P is not entirely true. Only the new True Light app or whatever looks to be free. To the moon and back again...loving it.

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I had paid for the original PC release too and didn't care much for it. I wasn't particularly interested in buying forsaken either but with a f2p re-release and the original expansions included, I'm in. Steam makes it sweeter. I hope battle.net owners get a small bonus too :p At least then I won't feel so bad about my original purchase lol.

Ah, it is being outright removed from bnet. We can carry forward our purchase(s) over there to steam. Really cool.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    AsiJu likes this.
  13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    This, if anything, is great news and also kind of proves how much Acti forced Bungie's hand previously.

So I can now unlock Destiny 2 in Steam (and maybe get the damn updates working now!) and uninstall Bnet completely.

Eeexcellent!

lucidus likes this.
  14. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    Looking forward to September. There are a few salty players in the clan still because they grinded D1 and still feel this is old recycled content. I look at it as a reboot of the series. Plus the old payers get to keep their stuff.

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah my bnet account is practically useless now too lol. I have diablo 3 on ps4 as well so I couldn't care less. Let acti keep their Lol of Duty : Modern microtransactions over there.

AsiJu likes this.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
  17. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    Looks like there is a catch to the whole cross platform saving feature. Going to cost $30US to transfer info to console or console to pc. This current three month period beforehand is going to be painful no matter what. Yes the new raid and menagerie is all fine but that is all the new content. Maybe Solstice of Heroes will be back...but that was just redoing previous story line on a higher difficulty level last time it came.

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
  19. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    D2 player base has increased dramatically with the latest update. A million concurrent players reported.

The latest season combined with the announcement for the new expansion and the general direction that the game is going for – free to play on Steam, cross save, more RPG/MMO stile elements and so on, has done wonders for the game.

I’m one of those returning players after more than an year away, and I’m also pleasantly surprised at how improved things are and excited for the future. To the point where I’m going on a holiday tomorrow, but I’m taking my PS4 with me, because I am not wasting a whole week of play time and the Iron Banner quest lol.

cerebus23 likes this.
  20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    I'll personally wait until it's available on Steam and then play the sh*t out of it instead of grinding now. I prefer to have it fresh when the expansion is released. There are other games that require my attention at the moment :p