Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Mar 23, 2017.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, such a heavy investment by a Chinese company known for sh1t ... nothing would change. Anyway, I never played Halo and I found D1 & 2 to be boring so I couldn't care less for Bungie if they frack around a third time. Activision's bad day is good to laugh at least :p Now if Respawn could do something about their relationship with EA, that would be great.

2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    ^ and Raven break free from CoD ie. ActiBlizzard too.

Then they both could work with Bungie on D3 and self-publish it as a joint-venture, make the best game ever, and make millions while ActiBlizzard, EA and the likes get nothing...

no stupid mechanics, no DLC, no microtransactions, no bullshit.

Of course then cows could fly as well but one can hope...

lucidus likes this.
  3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I wish game developers had the financial means to also publish their own games to make sure their vision is unscathed by greedy publishers. Maybe if piracy didn't exist?

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    If Raven ever broke away from Activision... I wouldn't want them to follow another studio.
    I would want to see Raven return to their own projects.

They've spent too many years working on other people's stuff already.

5. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    I hope Raven make's a new Soldier of Fortune game. Cauldron's SoF Payback's terrible memories are still etched in my brain.

6. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Yeah, Raven is WASTED on making CoD. I mean those guys made Soldiers of Fortune, Hexen, Heretic, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Singularity, etc. They should make a classic FPS, seeing how those have made a comeback in the past years!

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Even more annoying knowing they had plans for a Singularity 2. :(
    Also... they didn't make Return to Castle Wolfenstein, that was made by Nerve and Grey Matter. Raven made Wolf 2009. Which, an underrated game IMO.

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Yeah obviously work on their own stuff. I just had a kind of joke going on in there...

9. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Oops, got those two mixed up! Yeah, Wolf 2009 is a bit underrated, but it does have issues when played in vanilla. They've imported too many CoD features into what should have been a classic FPS (autoregen, slower movement with short sprint meter, etc) and the free roam aspect of the city was there, but should have offered more venues of actually avoiding the patrols (there is even a character ingame that tells you that you can use the sewers and roofs to sneak around, but those are very short and don't really offer much help). I also didn't like that the enemies were weak (HP-wise). The game gets much better when using the Retrostein mod, though.

10. Gabriele Coulson

Gabriele Coulson Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1060
    So I got Destiny 2 for free on battle.net and I wanted to know if its any good without the expansions or dlcs? It takes up a lot of space and I don't want to spend all that time downloading it just to figure out that I don't like it? How similar is it to something like Borderlands?

11. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    The game is designed for you to buy the latest expansion, or you are just out of the loop. Why do you think it was free? Not that you can’t play the story mode or do other stuff, but you will quickly get to the point where you need to buy into it.

12. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    It is a bad game, with or without any expansions. And unfortunately nobody can decide that for you. I don't like it, you might love it. That's how it is.

13. Gabriele Coulson

Gabriele Coulson Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1060
    I got it for free from a battle.net promotion, considered giving it a try, but no one wants to play together. I suppose I'll pass, thanks guys.

14. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2060 SUPER
    I think that we waiting for what Anthem will show, unless they release something interesting in Destiny 2 in annual pass.
    https://www.destinythegame.com/annualpass (Season of the Penumbra Summer 2019 looks interesting).

15. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1

btw im lookin for any Gurus still playin tired of doin stuff on my own and every clan i have joined has been as pointless as the last, still have the majority of raids left unplayed at light lvl 650 :(

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I finished Forsaken DLC and uninstalled the game. I almost never get anything over 500 light and Strikes are not that cool.

17. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    your post gave me hope
    all hope is lost

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Sorry man :/ I think that many Destiny 2 playes jumped ship to Anthem which turned out like poo but luckily The Division 2 came out and I guess that's where everyone is :)

Stone Gargoyle likes this.
  19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Well you get better gear quick by crucible(rumble), gambit and those daily legendary missions.. you just need to look where to look :D

I found division bigger bore fest, I bought all docs etc in division1 and then stopped playing lol

Here you at least have special powers and you can hack&slash and all those fancy fx along with it and super bosses, not same old enemies
    Im more in to the game now, never played destiny1 , so it's right up in my alley and not same old.

Enjoy it far more then that anthem preview. Gfx is great too, crucial and gambit both ok too and those raids

I have basic unlocked forsaken for now, lvl 610 or so atm..

I will have to check my name , you can add me. I usually play with one friend so we can do full 3player strike missions fully etc, and more tough raids :)

20. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    that would be awesome thx Tj

-Tj- likes this.