Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    The best term I can describe the graphical presentation with is "serviceable". They opted for a generic, clean look that while stable does come off as boring. The art direction may have something to do with this. Wish I could use a reshade filter to clean up occasionally washed out colors.

Runs pretty well on my gtx 980, i2500k 4.4ghz, 12gb ram setup all at 1440p highest settings. Nets me between 35-50 FPS in demanding/less demanding scenes, respectively.

2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    haven't bought/played the game, but it indeed aims for a arcade/modular design that i'm not a big fan of.
    For the scale they were aiming for, i doubt they had much choice than going that far into modular.

This is more what i like:
    [​IMG]

3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Can't seem to play passed "mission rescue cayde-6 and failsafe" it crashes my game with "Destiny 2 has stopped working" i restarted the game 3 times and exact same thing happens again and again.

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'm so happy with this game. Not only does it run amazingly well:
    4K = Locked 60fps at Highest settings but with DoF turned down two notches
    1440p = 90-144fps but mostly between 120-144, same setting as above
    Interesting that the GPU doesn't max out at 4K and my overall GPU temps are slightly lower than normal.

The game may be generic and all that stuff but it has great atmosphere, nice settings, decent enough graphics and nice game play. I'm sure it will give me a good amount of hours of fun which is all I ask for. I don't intend this to be a 100hr game (I rarely play games for that long) but I hope to be able to pick up the expansions at some point.

5. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    That's what my thought was. The Ultra wide requires a bit more. I'm just amazed at the slice in performance between 1080p maxed vs. 1080 w/ 133% scaling maxed when there's people claiming to have everything maxed and scaled to 200% on 1080 Ti's. Maybe they're just full of it.

Anyways. The game play is pretty generic. That doesn't mean I don't mind it. It's rather thoughtless which is nice. Graphically it looks identical to Gears of War 4's greener areas to me. I mean like they used the same assets, identical.

I got to level 2 and stopped playing last night. I'll give it another run again. If I remember correctly, it took me a few days to really start understanding and enjoying the Division so maybe that needs to occur here. Especially since I never played the original.

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Nice! I'll get this too, soonish, and let's play some coop at some point :D

7. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    People have had decent results from lowering DOF quality, so that might be worth giving a go.

Once you start meeting new enemy types that require some strategy to beat it becomes somewhat more enjoyable, Strikes are a lot of fun.

I'm not getting great frame rates maxed out at 3440x1440 with two Titan X pascals, actually runs better with one card for me.

8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    As a Destiny 1 player, have to say the game didn't get any better but i haven't reached lvl20 yet.
    It's like playing the same game again like an beefed up expansion.

The open zones feel too linear and uninteresting.

9. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Reading this makes me happy I skipped the first one. So the missions are the same? Is this like basically the first one with upgraded graphics and losing support of ps3/360?

10. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    I’ve been watching PC players on twitch. The game looks so floaty. The screen is crazily littered with items all over the hud. Plus so many enemies look like bullet sponges as everyone jumps about.

11. Poor Tom

Poor Tom Guest

GPU:
    6900XT OC
    I'm kind of surprised I didn't see anyone complaining about being banned yet in here as it just happened to me. I read on GURU this morning about the bans, but forgot to turn off RTSS before launching the game and bam...instant ban. I honestly don't even know how to cheat in pc games so it has to be Afterburner that Bungie objects to.

12. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I hit level 20 today and the game is really great, it just oozes quality from top to bottom, it feels like the complete package. I can't wait until tomorrow so I can play some more, I was super hyped going in and it hasn't disappointed at all.

I really don't see how anyone can think the game is ugly, or just OK, I think the visuals are stunning, it's a really beautiful game with amazing design overall. I've been blown away by several areas.

Serotonin likes this.
  13. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Obligatory "Play game X in 4K". In all seriousness, it's refreshing to see such a positive comment. Glad you're enjoying it so much. I'm liking it more and more each time I load it up.

14. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    The game looks really nice. Son is playing it on an apu, A10-7700K, and seems to handle it well. Need to see what the settings are, he has it at.

15. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Got to level 5 tonight. This game is a lot more like the Division than I originally thought. I like that though. Things are familiar. I'm catching on quickly.

Question. In the Division, when you wanted to do a story based mission with a group of real players, when you got to that mission you held E or F etc, you had options. In Destiny 2, I don't see any options for the missions, only the E to activate the mission. How do I get a group of random living people to run through a mission with me?

16. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46426

17. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    I played the base game only but I agree with you. I'd expect a new class, new enemy factions, new weapon classes and substantially improved graphical presentation over the first one. These are all things a sequel should contain.

That said I didn't sink that many hours into the first game and it's been a couple of years since I last played it so it's mostly a fresh experience for me. Really wish it had a sharpening filter though...

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    signex likes this.
  18. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

And bam, it is not Afterburner. I absolutely love those who claim that it is a reason of ban. Seriously, guys, please stop making up the things if you don't understand the subject you are talking about. I'm commenting this D2 related crap second day in a row instead of working on a new version. PLEASE, think what you post, thinking is not hard.

signex likes this.
  19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
  20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Remember they need to tweak their anti cheat software, it might take several weeks to get a clear list of what is good and what is not.
    I hope they can pull this off, it would be a miracle to have a game without cheaters on pc.